• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Symiote Question

S

Spidersam

Hey everyone
I have a question regarding the symbiote suit I was hoping someone could clear up.

I was alwyas under the impression (and i may be completely wrong here) that the origin of the symbiote suit was that John Jameson went to space and the suit came back with him, and took over Parker and eventually Brock.

However, after reading Ultimate Spiderman #33 i'm told Parker/Brock's fathers created it to cure cancer.

Can anyone clear up the origins of the venom suit?

Thanks

Spidersam said:
Hey everyone
I have a question regarding the symbiote suit I was hoping someone could clear up.

I was alwyas under the impression (and i may be completely wrong here) that the origin of the symbiote suit was that John Jameson went to space and the suit came back with him, and took over Parker and eventually Brock.

However, after reading Ultimate Spiderman #33 i'm told Parker/Brock's fathers created it to cure cancer.

Can anyone clear up the origins of the venom suit?

Thanks

The first origin you mentioned, is actually from the Animated Series, which confuses a lot of fans of the movie.

The read origin of the suit, was that while Spidey, was fighting the Secret Wars on an Alien Planet, his costume got badly damaged. Thor told him to use an alien machine he had found to fix it. However Spidey stuck his hand in the wrong machine, and influenced by the Second Spider-Womans costume, his changed as well. Spidey, ended up carrying the costume back to earth, only to learn from Reed Richards that the costume was actually a symbiotic being. Spidey, ditched the suit, with Richards, however the costume broke out, and found Peter again. However Peter, wanting to rather dying than be used by the costume, went to a church and used the bells sonic vibrations to remove the creature. Spidey left the church, believing the costume was dead, however the costume remained, and eventually bonded with Eddie Brock, as he arrived to ask forgiveness for his eventual suicide. The alien sensing Brocks hatred of Spider-Man joined him, and the rest is history...

And Ultimate Spider-Man takes place in a different universe, where most things that happened to Spidey in the mainstream universe, are given a different spin, in the Ultimate continuity

The "John Jameson brought it back from the moon" origin was only for the 90's cartoon show

basicly the original origin is so complex since it dealt with this huge crossover that included dozens o other characters, every time they've adapted the story to another medium they've had to come up with a new origin to simplify it

basicly the original origin is so complex since it dealt with this huge crossover that included dozens of other characters, every time they've adapted the symbiote story to another medium they've had to come up with a new origin to simplify it

I actually preferred the other Origin stories for the symbiote over the actual 616 Comic version. I enjoyed the angle that the animated series had going with it being brought back from space.

Personally I felt that Bendis' origin for the symbiote in USM was a stroke of genious.

yeah, Ultimate Venom was handled extremely well. Although Peter could have spent some more time in the black costume

Elijya said:
yeah, Ultimate Venom was handled extremely well. Although Peter could have spent some more time in the black costume

That's my only complaint about the Venom Saga, it would have been cool to see Peter fight more than just Shocker and a murderer in the costume.

Maybe Doc ock or Sandman could have been a cool fight before he got rid of t.

its easy to see the strong points and weak points of an origin with hindsight, then improve on it. the animated version was the best tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"