Endgame Question about Tony Stark (Spoilers)

Jay A Morphew

Civilian
Reaction score
If Tony Stark has the Infinity Stones at the end of the battle in Endgame and snaps his fingers to get rid of Thanos and his army, why doesn't he just snap his fingers to become healthy again and wish not to die? He could even mend his heart if he wanted to.

Did I miss something where the Infinity Stones allow the person wielding them to kill trillions of living creatures, but will not allow Tony to wish himself healthy?

Last edited:
I personally don't think he had the strength to get the stones to do anything else for him. I think part of the ability to use the stones comes from will power, and he just didn't have it in him at that moment. But that's just an opinion. It's not based on any knowledge of how the stones work in the comics or anything.

Because the gauntlet doesn't work that way. Thanos was not able to do that, either.

Because the gauntlet doesn't work that way. Thanos was not able to do that, either.
How does it work? Thanos was not able to heal himself either using the Infinity Stones? Can the Infinity Stones not reverse health issues?

I personally don't think he had the strength to get the stones to do anything else for him. I think part of the ability to use the stones comes from will power, and he just didn't have it in him at that moment. But that's just an opinion. It's not based on any knowledge of how the stones work in the comics or anything.
Maybe you are right. Big mistake by Tony not to wish himself healthy while wishing for the extermination of Thanos and his army.

Probably not from injuries with the stones. That's just the price of wielding them like that. If Thanos could have healed himself after using the stones, I am sure he would have as well.

I think it’d just end up working in a loop. The Infinity Stones are impossibly powerful, and using them to accomplish things on a scale beyond your own limitations will result in cataclysmic backlash.

Tony used the Stones to decimate an entire army. The fallout of that is what killed him. Using the Stones to heal himself from the wounds that the Stones themselves afflicted would be pointless, because he’d end up injured every single time. Regardless of the strength of your will, the Stones can’t negate themselves.

Maybe the stones are limited to not be able to revert what they themselves do.

Maybe they draw power from whoever wields them (we know only powerful beings can use them and survive)

Doing a snap itself is enough to kill anyone except the most durable like Thanos and Hulk. So a near dead Stark would have no chance at doing a second snap.

Thanos performed the snap on two separate occasions and survived (to eliminate half of life and to destroy the stones). I don’t think anyone in the power level thread actually took that into account. Thanos is insanely durable/powerful.

If Tony Stark has the Infinity Stones at the end of the battle in Endgame and snaps his fingers to get rid of Thanos and his army, why doesn't he just snap his fingers to become healthy again and wish not to die? He could even mend his heart if he wanted to.

Did I miss something where the Infinity Stones allow the person wielding them to kill trillions of living creatures, but will not allow Tony to wish himself healthy?

Remember. He had the surgery to take out his shrapnel at the end of "Iron Man 3"

He's so paranoid of another attack he wears the arc reactor/housing unit on 24/7.

Also the stones give off an incredible amount of radiation.

In the hand book - Your Infinity Stones and How to Use them - it clearly states one wish per snap.

I don't think he had enough lifeforce to do anything more than crawl to a sitting position and die. I am not even sure how much brain function he had left at that point.

I'm no doctor but I've heard stories where one's body is so far gone that the medicine you need might kill you because your body is too weak for the medicine?
Whether true or not, that's how I see this Tony /stones issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"