Questions about Season 1

Dr. Manhatten

Sidekick
Reaction score
A couple of things caught my eye when watching the episodes on DVD and was wondering if help could be had:

1) When HRG and the Haitian were chasing Nathan Petrelli in Las Vegas and they corner him against the fence, Nathan flies away. But since the Haitian's ability is to counter everyone elses powers, wouldn't this prevent Nathan from flying away?

2) Since HRG apparently has powers of remote viewing, wouldn't this tip him off that Matt and his FBI handler were spying on them in the earlier episodes?

3) If Claire was around the Haitian and she was shot (for instance) while around him, would she actually die? And if he walked away, would she come back to life?

I'm going to answer your questions out of order as 1 & 3 can be answered similiarly.

A couple of things caught my eye when watching the episodes on DVD and was wondering if help could be had:

1) When HRG and the Haitian were chasing Nathan Petrelli in Las Vegas and they corner him against the fence, Nathan flies away. But since the Haitian's ability is to counter everyone elses powers, wouldn't this prevent Nathan from flying away?

3) If Claire was around the Haitian and she was shot (for instance) while around him, would she actually die? And if he walked away, would she come back to life?

The Haitian being around doesn't simply neutralize powers. The Haitian has some sort of psychic abilities. He uses his mind to block the brainwaves that activates powers. Him being around doesn't simply disable powers. Why he chose not to disable Nathan's powers are unknown. He simply may have not thought it necessary and Nathan flew off so quickly it was too late. It may have been because he was taking orders from Nathan's mother. But yeah, he doesn't simply neutralize all powers in an area, so, Claire would only die if the Haitian blocked her powers.

2) Since HRG apparently has powers of remote viewing, wouldn't this tip him off that Matt and his FBI handler were spying on them in the earlier episodes?

HRG does not have ANY powers. I'm guessing you made this assumption from the scene where he guides Matt and the exploding man through The Company's prison? That has nothing to do with remote viewing. HRG is simply a very smart man. He worked for The Company for 15 years, so he was just very familiar with the surroundings and was able to guide their moves because of that.

Becuase the Haitian answers to Mrs. Petrelli in the Organization. He let Nathan go.

Bennet has no abilities.

He seems to be able to turn his ability on and off. Directing it at specific people. It may be a physical/ mental ability issue as well.

Hope that helps.

THE OWI

If HRG really doesn't have powers, then I'm really suspect. Even with him being around those facilities for years, it doesn't make sense to me that he'd be able to know everything happening just from memory. And while I haven't watched the episodes very recently, I could swear that he showed signs of remote viewing in later episodes, away from the prison

Nope, I just watched last weekend. He doesn't. And he doesn't know what is happening. He just tells them where to go and how to cut the power.

He has no powers.

I'd be severely disappointed if HRG ever turned out to have powers. Part of what makes him cool is that he has no powers, yet he does fine without 'em.

Besides Sylar and Pete, why does the Haitian have two distinct powers, mind wipe and power dampening?

HRG has the ability to become a badass charecter

QFT

Shown quite well when he confronts Thompson

Thompson to Matt what am I thinking now....
HRG to Thompson the last thought you are ever gonna have BANG!!!!!

Oh he has powers aright badass being it :)

Besides Sylar and Pete, why does the Haitian have two distinct powers, mind wipe and power dampening?

He has just one ability and that is mind control...seeing as the abilities come from the mind he can, in turn, control them as well.

He is highly trained and his one ability has many facets. He also seems to be able to turn it on and off at will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"