World Questions and debatable points

shigsy2003

I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!
Reaction score
Hey having just finished going through G1 for 20th time I have a few questions and statements we can debate:

1) Why are there 3 different Constructicon origins? They are built by Megatron on Earth in Heavy Metal War, they are turned evil by Megatron and his RoboSmasher on Cybertron in The Secret of Omega Surpreme and they appear to be the ones who built Megatron in The Five Faces of Darkness Part 4.

2) Do you think the Transformers are stronger in their Vehicular/Alt modes? We know the Dinobots and Terrocons are but what about the other Transformers?

3) Who do you think made the better leaders? Rodimus or Optimus, Galvatron or Megatron?

4) I am right in saying Casey Kasem provided the voice to Teletran 1 correct? (I know he provided the voices for Cliffjumper and Bluestreaker).

5) Do you think it's fair to say Octane is like the Jazz of the Decepticons?

6) Do you think this is the 'deepest' thing anyone in Transformers ever said: Expect nothing. One cannot think of victory without also considering its opposite. And thinking of defeat distracts the mind from what must be done in order to win? (This is said my a Japanese sword trainer in The Burden Hardest to Bear).

Answer and discuss :)

Well, that's easy. Optimus and Megatron.

Yeah I assumed that would be the answer. Just thought there maybe a couple of people in the minority.

7) How come Transformers like the Constructicons (using the Heavy Metal War origin), Technobots, Dinobots etc all have individual Cybernetic Personalities without having them Vector Sigma. The Combaticons CP are explained but not the others I have mentioned.

1. Chalk it up to golden age of comics style (although I'd use piss poor) writing. But in FFOD part 4 there are like 8 constructicons (like three Scrappers) and a green/purple coloured Inferno/Grapple bot there when Megs is born. The animators just used existing models to fill out the scene.

2.Some are some aren't. The Stunticons and the others you listed are.

3.Rodimus and Galvatron.

4.Yes

5.I remember nothing of Octane.

Hey having just finished going through G1 for 20th time I have a few questions and statements we can debate:

1) Why are there 3 different Constructicon origins? They are built by Megatron on Earth in Heavy Metal War, they are turned evil by Megatron and his RoboSmasher on Cybertron in The Secret of Omega Surpreme and they appear to be the ones who built Megatron in The Five Faces of Darkness Part 4.
Bad writing, or possibly animation errors. But some feel that the Constructicons were "built" on earth, but rather were in stasis until Megatron could get enough energon to reawaken them.
2) Do you think the Transformers are stronger in their Vehicular/Alt modes? We know the Dinobots and Terrocons are but what about the other Transformers?
Stronger how??? I mean the Dinobots and Terrorcons possess the same strength in both modes (theoretically) however the assumption is the modes have a trade off. Stunticons, for example, may need robot modes for combat but are obviously faster in car mode. Alt.modes may also provide access to different weaponry or capabilities.
3) Who do you think made the better leaders? Rodimus or Optimus, Galvatron or Megatron?
Depends on how you define better. Overall Galvatron was depicted as more ruthless and having grander schemes of conquest than Megatron. Rodimus was portrayed as slightly less ethical than Prime, slightly more of a drill sergeant at times. But again, like question 2, we are dealing with trade offs. Rodimus still has the honor of ending the Great War, but Optimus and Megatron are far more memorable.
4) I am right in saying Casey Kasem provided the voice to Teletran 1 correct? (I know he provided the voices for Cliffjumper and Bluestreaker).
Yes, and he parted ways with the show during the movie. The third season depicted Abdul Fakkti, who made fun of those of Arab decent, like Kasem and he quit.
5) Do you think it's fair to say Octane is like the Jazz of the Decepticons?
No, he is not obsessed with Earth culture, however he is greedy and somewhat of a traitor like Starscream.
6) Do you think this is the 'deepest' thing anyone in Transformers ever said:
There is a thin line between being a hero, and being a memory: Optimus Prime.

1) Shadowboxing was right. That's just bad writing.

2) Dinobots are more vulnerable in robot mode. Megatron was quick to point this out in Desertion of the Dinobots when he blew the Dinobots up by blowing up a few planes after the Dinobots had transformed back to robot mode after giving the Decepticons a pounding. The Stunticons had force fields so they could perform their stunts without harming themselves when they were in vehicle mode.

3) Optimus and Megatron were better leaders but I found Rodimus and Galvatron to be more interesting characters.

4) ShadowBoxing is correct on this one.

5) Octane is a traitor. He is nothing like Jazz.

6) It is better to be known for one's enemies. - Blitzwing, FFOD part 5

By the way Needlenose is described as being the "Jazz of the Decepticons".

Yeah I assumed that would be the answer. Just thought there maybe a couple of people in the minority.

7) How come Transformers like the Constructicons (using the Heavy Metal War origin), Technobots, Dinobots etc all have individual Cybernetic Personalities without having them Vector Sigma. The Combaticons CP are explained but not the others I have mentioned.
Again. Bad writing. Remember this show was a glorified toy commercial that didn't try having any honest attempt at continuity until the 3rd season. The show was based on a toyline that put out toys at a considerable rate. As such the show often was forced to introduce characters who weren't consistent with the shows premise or plot at the time. However there have been some explanations given. Some feel since the Technobots were built from a living Transformer - Unicron - that they themselves were simply fragments of him, and therefore capable of having life. Fanon (which is fan written fiction that becomes canon) also states that the Matrix (which truly didn't exist in the first two seasons) is what gave the Dinobots life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"