• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

QUOTES and CHARACTER LINES

breadtalk

Civilian
Reaction score
You can share any lines or quotes from authors or books you you have read.

Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.

–John Green

Reading open your eyes in different perspective do what you pleased and understand what you read.

“Grown-ups love figures. When you tell them that you have made a new friend, they never ask you any questions about essentail matters. They never say to you, “What does his voice sound like? What games does he love best? Does he collect butterflies?” Instead, they demand: “How old is he? How many brothers has he? How much does he weigh? How much money does his father make?” Only from these figures do they think they have learned anything about him.

If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

-I just love how the author shows the difference of being a grown up and being a child. It was hilarious in a way where he pointed out that talking to grown up can be a little bit tiring at times specially when you need to explain everything from top to bottom.

“There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.”
― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

-good humor has way for us to burst into laughter

I have read Rich Dad, Poor Dad half a dozen times. I just love the below quote.

“You’re only poor if you give up. The most important thing is that you did something. Most people only talk and dream of getting rich. You’ve done something.” ― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad

I have read Rich Dad, Poor Dad half a dozen times. I just love the below quote.

“You’re only poor if you give up. The most important thing is that you did something. Most people only talk and dream of getting rich. You’ve done something.” ― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad

It does inspire people to strive for what ever they want to achieve in life..

Hi, I just love this line from one of my fave movies " The Notebook". It is very meaningful for a love story scene in there. Here it is:

“You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that, within me there lay an invincible summer.

boy do i have a ton:

“But what are loyalty and caring really worth?”
"To me? Everything.”
― Richelle Mead, The Golden Lily

"Rudy Steiner was scared of the book thief’s kiss. He must have longed for it so much. He must have loved her so incredibly hard. So hard that he would never ask for her lips again and would go to his grave without them."
- Markus Zusak: The Book Thief

“That’s how I survived. Time and time again. That’s my secret. I survived because I willed it to be. How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.”
- Emma Frost

Last edited:
Good ole John Green:

tumblr_mkw87hDnOT1s547bxo1_500.png

tumblr_mm8rx1aBcE1qk8jpko3_250.jpg
tumblr_mm8rx1aBcE1qk8jpko4_250.jpg

tumblr_mfypgcjzw61re6ar6o1_500.jpg

"My name is Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Conjure by it at your own risk. When things get strange, when what goes bump in the night flicks on the lights, when no one else can help you, give me a call. I'm in the book."
— Harry Dresden

“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

- Spider Robinson "God is an Iron".

disney%2Bmovie%2Bquotes%2B(1).gif

Even a child movie can have deeper perspective....

"Even"? "Even" implies that it's surprising to be able to find meaning in something. Anything ever written has meaning, has a lesson. Just because there are people out there who will elevate certain works over others due to a perception of greater artistic merit, don't think that you can't find valuable lessons elsewhere.

People have learned just as much from Spider-Man, Dr. Seuss, Mister Rogers, and Pokémon as they have from classic literature, religious texts, and school. It's not the source, but the lesson that matters.

"Even"? "Even" implies that it's surprising to be able to find meaning in something. Anything ever written has meaning, has a lesson. Just because there are people out there who will elevate certain works over others due to a perception of greater artistic merit, don't think that you can't find valuable lessons elsewhere.

People have learned just as much from Spider-Man, Dr. Seuss, Mister Rogers, and Pokémon as they have from classic literature, religious texts, and school. It's not the source, but the lesson that matters.

i don't mean to offend someone by posting a message but what I have posted was based on how i felt and perceived about that work. Its my first time to read that quote and posting it is just a sign that I personally admire what was written in the said quote..And besides topic is all about quotes that you have read or seen in the movie....

"you forget your victories, but you remember the losses"
- Ann Brashares, My Name is Memory

"you hold on to old experiences; injuries, injustices, and great love affairs, too. And you hold them in your joints and your organs, and wear them on your skin."
- Ann Brashares, My Name is Memory

Last edited:
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
― Apple Inc.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself.”
― John Green

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso

Last edited by a moderator:
some quotes from the I Am Number Four Series

"the price of a memory, is the memory of the sorrow it brings."

"the only limits for tomorrow are the doubts we have today."

"when you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope"

Since Ferret and I seem to share the same reading tastes:

“The noise was deafening, and no one could have heard me anyway as I let out my own battle cry, which I figured was worth a shot. What the hell.
"I DON'T BELIEVE IN FAERIES!”

Harry Dresden running like a maniac in the middle of a faerie war.

“I stretched out my hand, adrenaline and pain giving me plenty of fuel for the magic, and called, 'Ventas servitas!' Wind leapt out in a sudden spurt, seizing the Unraveling and tearing it from Aurora's fingers, sending it spinning through the air toward me. I caught it, stuck my tongue out at Aurora, yelled, 'Meep, meep!' and ran like hell.”

And him doing more running.

"Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west.

Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

- Robert E Howard, The Phoenix on the Sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"