Rampage: a new film by Uwe Boll

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
I didnt seem to find a thread on this film when I searched. Honestly, I have hated Uwe films just like everyone else on this site, but this one was brought to my attention by The Cinema Snob's videos, and after a strangely positive review, it got me wondering if this film actually has any merits. I actually happened upon the DVD today at wal-Mart for $10, but being a Boll film, didn't want to blind buy it. So, does anyone know if it's any good at all? Recommended even, or just more Uwe Boll crap.

Never heard of it, but the first thing that popped into my head was "please don't let it be a new movie about the big ape, lizard and wolfman."

Never heard of it, but the first thing that popped into my head was "please don't let it be a new movie about the big ape, lizard and wolfman."

Same here.

Same here, I was about to be pissed :cmad:

I didnt seem to find a thread on this film when I searched. Honestly, I have hated Uwe films just like everyone else on this site, but this one was brought to my attention by The Cinema Snob's videos, and after a strangely positive review, it got me wondering if this film actually has any merits. I actually happened upon the DVD today at wal-Mart for $10, but being a Boll film, didn't want to blind buy it. So, does anyone know if it's any good at all? Recommended even, or just more Uwe Boll crap.

BTW, I ready the synopsis for the film on wikipedia, basically a dude is tired of things not going his way, he's angry with world issues, puts on self made armor and a paintball mask and goes on a "RAMPAGE" killing people out of frustration

......I'll pass :o

LMAO

first thing i thought of when i read the thread's title :oldrazz:

I thought the same thing , lol. Especially since Boll usually does video game adaptations, I probably would of checked it out if that was the case.

I thought the same thing. He'll probably make the movie after he sees this thread will say "what a great idea!" :csad:

Well, I decided to see it myself. And you know what, it wasn't bad. No, it wasn't great, I'd give it a good 6.5/10 though. Boll's improved, and I think not crappily adapting another video game helped here too. I will admit, it's 30 minutes of build up, and about 40 minutes of gratuitous violence, and the last 10 or so minutes of ending stuff, but it's so, so much better an effort. I didn't care for the shakey camera work, but it did not ruin the film for me. I will say I did not like the ending. Had the chopped off the last 3 or so minutes or
had a different new brodcast not having someone claim he was the real murderer, and just have him lay down in the comfort that he got away with it
. I'd say everyone should check it out, just to see Uwe Boll not completely suck at something for the first, and hopefully not last, time.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone would be AGAINST the idea of the lizard, ape and wolfman tearing buildings apart and eating people on theater screens...

You can watch it on the instant queue on Netflix

I just watched it on Netflix...and it is AWESOME!

I can't believe I actually liked a Uwe Boll movie...

A few things:
You can tell that a lot of the dialogue was improvised, but honestly it worked for this movie. In real life people talk over each other, repeat things, stumble mid-sentence...I felt it helped the feel of the movie.

I hated the last minute or two...I prefer the end of the film right before the very last thing happened. I wont spoil the end, but snipping that last minute or two from the end would have been a more "twisted" way of ending it.

The actress who played the mom was terrible...but the actor who played the lead character actually did a really good job. That guy should definitely get more work!

The camera work starts out kind of ridiculous with the shaky style...but again, it kind of fits the nihilistic theme of the movie.

The point is...if you want to waste some time watching a movie that doesnt bother with an in depth plot and just gives you some cool violence...check it out. I'm shocked that I liked it as much as I did.

For a while, I've been of the opinion that Boll is not nearly as bad a filmmaker as his video game films have led us to believe. There is deliberate, willful intent to make a bad film when he makes video game movies, I'm sure of it.

A friend of mine sent me an e-mail a few weeks ago saying 'I know this guy's movies are always crap, but you have to see this one called Rampage, i think you'd really like it. It's kind of a Falling Down type of movie.'

I thought it was maybe one of his old ones before he got crap or something, good to read some other positive responses on the thread, I'll have to get ahold of this.
Maybe his mummy took his games console away from him, 'Ok, that's enough, you play these games too much they are turning your mind and your muse to s***. Go outside and play!' and then old Uwe has went on a bit of a rampage and got a good idea out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"