Rank the 2016 Comic Book Movies

1. Civil War
2. Doctor Strange
3. Deadpool
4. X-Men: Apocalypse
5. Suicide Squad
6. Batman v. Superman
7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows

Edit: Saw TMNT2. Glad I didn't watch it in the theaters.

Last edited:
1. Civil War
Distant 2. Apocalypse

Started Deadpool but didn't finish it, it was a little too much, kind of grating actually. I will try it out again but for me personally, this character might work better in 22 pages than 2 hours.

3. BvS, ranked below the first half hour of Deadpool I did watch.

Didn't see Suicide Squad or TMNT2.

Confident Dr. Strange will be #2.

Well I saw Dr. strange last night and can honestly say it was brilliant. I expected to enjoy it. I didn't expect to be blown away. I thought it would be a solid origin film, like Ant-Man, didn't think it would be the best in the MCU. Had no idea what to expect for the third act, best in the MCU.

And on that note, seriously, the confrontation with Dormammu has to be the greatest display of selfless heroism in a CBM. A person transforming into that from the starting point the protagonist was at in the beginning of the film was just awesome. I haven't been on the edge of my seat in like that in a Marvel film since Spider-Man '02.

Great performances all around, plenty of great lines of dialogue to ponder on after the movie. Two well done credit stingers to top it off.

Most of the stories I've read with Dr. Strange were in the last 12 years or so, Bendis and Hickman...he was always very interesting. I'm ready to go back and read the 60's stuff, any solo series...this movie elevated the character. I'm stoked for guys like my Dad who has to have been waiting for this 40 years, pretty sure he's going today.

Didn't expect it to be my new personal favorite, hands down. Maybe I'm still riding high from the film but I don't say it lightly, Civil War had three of my favorite characters.

The Best:
1. Dr. Strange
2. Civil War

Rest of the Best:
3. X-Men: Apocalypse
4. Deadpool (still have not watched the movie again, haven't seen the whole thing.)

The Rest:
5. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Last edited:
Only one vote for BvS, SS, and XM: A.

Well, I liked all 3 more than most. And I especially feel Apocalypsegets far too much hate and is a good CBM. But in a year with CW and Deadpool in, I couldn't vote for any of them as the best of the year.

I felt Apocalypse was just there, like vanilla ice cream or like a sugar cookie.

I felt Apocalypse was just there, like vanilla ice cream or like a sugar cookie.

I feel a lot differently, I really enjoyed it, had my 3rd viewing on BD the other night and it still holds up as well. I am aware not everyone thinks the same though.

Just there is still better than BvS and SS for me.

Especially the poorly directed and Video-game graphics 3rd act. It was like Singer didn't know how to handle such big sequences.

Especially the poorly directed and Video-game graphics 3rd act. It was like Singer didn't know how to handle such big sequences.

Apart from a few moments, I really don't the criticisms of the effects in the movie either. But hey, to each his/her own.

Civil War
Doctor Strange
Deadpool
X-men Apocalypse
Suicide squad
Batman v Superman

If you asked me in 2006 after the Civil War comic came out and told me that a movie version of it would be better than the first meeting of Batman and Superman on screen with a TDKR fight sequence, I would have told you, you were crazy.

Deadpool
Civil War
Strange

X-Men Apoc
Suicide Squad
Batman V Superman

Not the year I expected or hoped for but it is what it is, hope for a better things in 2017.

Last edited:
I had to think about this for a while, here's my grade:

1.) Doctor Strange
2.) Captain America: Civil War
3.) Deadpool
4.) X-men Apocalypse
5.) Suicide Squad
6.) Batman v. Superman

It was a tough call, but I'm giving the edge to Doctor Strange. Civil War had alot of things going for it, popular source material and adding Spider-man for the first time to the MCU, made this film a huge financial success. I've given the edge to Doctor Strange, because to take a side character like that and turn it into a huge hit, I have to give some bonus points for doing that.

There's a huge gap in quality between Deadpool and XMA, and an even bigger gap with the last two films.

My list goes:

Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Deadpool
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (Extended Cut specifically)
X-Men: Apocalypse
Suicide Squad

1. Civil War
2. Doc Strange

I also really enjoyed Suicide Squad... which is weird because I dislike all the other DCEU movies.

1. Captain America Civil War
2. Deadpool
3. Doctor Strange
4. X-Men Apocalypse
5. Suicide Squad
6. Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice

Finally saw X-Men Apocalypse a few nights back:

1. Civil War
2. Doctor Strange
3. Deadpool
4. Dawn of Justice
5. Suicide Squad (Suicide Squad was in general a more enjoyable film overall than BvS, but being a film about Batman and Superman fighting Doomsday earns it some bonus points)
6.X-Men Apocalypse

Deadpool and Civil War are tied for me. Both are on constant replay.
Doctor Strange

BvS Extended Cut
Apocalypse
Suicide Squad

Last edited:
Civil War
Deadpool
Doctor Strange

BvS

Haven't seen X:A or SS yet
I'll update when I see X-Men, SS may be a bit of a wait tho

1) Captain America: Civil War
2) Doctor Strange
3) Deadpool
4) BvS
5) Suicide Squad

(Didn't see X-Men)

Updated:

1. Captain America: Civil War :-)awesome:)
2. X-Men: Apocalypse (great deal of fun)
3. Deadpool (enjoyable, but not as much as I could have found it)
4. Suicide Squad
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Out of the Shadows (I know it's a bad one, but I enjoyed it, less than I enjoyed the first entry, although this one has less flaws)
9. Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Cut

I still need to watch Doctor Strange

So should the introduction of Black Panther.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"