Rank the 2016 Comic Book Movies

1. Batman v Superman : Ultimate Edition - 8.5/10
2. Deadpool - 8/10
3. Doctor Strange - 7/10
4. Captain America : Civil War- 7/10
5. Suicide Squad - 6.5/10
6. X-Men Apocalypse- 6/10

spiderman, scarlet witch, and black panther were the best parts of the movie. and it's supposed to be captain america 3.

I liked it on the first watch. Got very bored in the second watch though. BP I found cool . Ant-man was also funny. Cant such much positive about the rest, and that pains me cause I am a CA fan.

I actually agree with the inclusion of that moment from SS, it was pretty much the only powerful scene in the movie, and actually made you feel for Deadshot. I also think Deadshots 'cut and run moment' was also a scene that should have been in there.

Magneto's family getting killed in Apocalypse should have been on that list.

Agreed, another powerful moment.

spiderman, scarlet witch, and black panther were the best parts of the movie. and it's supposed to be captain america 3.

I liked it on the first watch. Got very bored in the second watch though. BP I found cool . Ant-man was also funny. Cant such much positive about the rest, and that pains me cause I am a CA fan.

I thought Spidey was good, but completely superfluous, and the CG on him was weak....I don't see him as one of the best parts at all
Black Panther, yes, he was amazing, definitely stole the focus when he showed up

But I don't get how y'all felt nothing for Cap or Iron Man
that final act was one of the most heartbreaking things I've had to watch in the MCU

I thought Spidey was good, but completely superfluous, and the CG on him was weak....I don't see him as one of the best parts at all
Black Panther, yes, he was amazing, definitely stole the focus when he showed up

But I don't get how y'all felt nothing for Cap or Iron Man
that final act was one of the most heartbreaking things I've had to watch in the MCU

Haha,man Idk. I love Spidey, so Idc if he was not required there. When it showed Queens and that music started,I WAS HYPED. I am not the type of person who notices bad CG, so I thought Spidey looked amazing, his suit was very very cool.

I didnt feel anything for IM and CA because I was kind of angry at them and I was a bit upset at some of the things they had to do because of the plot. But I wouldnt want to get into this here, this is not the thread for it :)

Yeah this year Marvel had some Real competition and still managed to get on top. Deadpool was the only standout apart from Civil War and Strange.

BTW Apocalypse,BvS and SS are all on Time's 10 worst movies of 2016.

Independence Day: Resurgence
Suicide Squad
Mother's Day
Café Society
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Now You See Me 2
Zoolander 2
Dirty Grandpa
The Brothers' Grimsby
X-Men: Apocalypse

Ouch. I take slight exception to Apocalypse. Divergent, TMNT2 was worse.

Ouch. I take slight exception to Apocalypse. Divergent, TMNT2 was worse.

Damn, i've seen Cafe Society and its not THAT bad, i actually kinda liked it.
Films that should've been there:
Ice Age 4
Norm of the North
Inferno
Ben-Hur

Yeah this year Marvel had some Real competition and still managed to get on top. Deadpool was the only standout apart from Civil War and Strange.

BTW Apocalypse,BvS and SS are all on Time's 10 worst movies of 2016.

I certainly take Time with a grain of salt. I read their "Best of the 1/2 year" list back in June when I was looking for something to watch over a weekend. I hadn't heard of most of the films. I just read their "Best of 2016", and I plan to watch 3 out of the 10. The rest look like paint-drying fests.

1. Civil War
2. Deadpool
3. Dr. Strange
4. Suicide Squad
5.BvS
6. Apocalypse

Deadpool
Civil War
Dr Strange
Suicide Squad
BvS
Apocalypse
TMNT2

1.CW
2a.Strange
2b.Deadpool
3.Apocalypse
4. BVS
5. SSquad

1. Civil War
2. Deadpool
3. Suicide Squad
4. Doctor Strange
5. X-Men: Apocalypse
6. Batman V. Superman

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Deadpool
3. Doctor Strange
4. X-Men: Apocalypse
5. Suicide Squad
6. BvS

I didn't flat out love any CBMs this year if I'm honest. Civil War was my favourite, a very good juggling act from the Russo's but didn't quite grab me like Winter Soldier did. Deadpool has to be the year's biggest success story, and it was a lot of fun.

Strange was MCU B-material. A typical hero origin story with magic aesthetics draped over. It was fine enough. Apocalypse was a crushing disappointment. Ugly and dull. DC just flat out sucks right now.

For the first year...well...since comic book movies exploded at the box office...I haven't made it a priority to watch every film. I will eventually get around to seeing most of them though. But...here are my current rankings...

1. Captain America: Civil War - This was the ultimate fun thrill ride. It has its problems...and the more Marvel repeats certain mistakes and asks us to overlook them, they get more difficult for me to overlook...but on a level of pure fun, this topped even the first Avengers for me.
2. Deadpool - A really fun movie. No complaints...other than the fact that some of the jokes they cut from TJ Miller were better than what they kept. The supporting characters were great...and the fact that we got such a comics accurate Deadpool film is just amazing.
3. Doctor Strange - A forgettable rehash of the Marvel formula...almost brought to greatness by special effects.

DIDN'T SEE
Suicide Squad
Officer Downe
X-Men: Apocalypse
Term Life
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - I think what makes me hate this slightly less than I hated Man of Steel was that by the time I saw it, I was already used to the idea that it was a sequel of sorts to a movie I hated, and knew about the problems with pacing, Lex etc. That said, I was disappointed by this and Man of Steel enough to know that this DC Cinematic Universe is not "for me" (despite the fact that I grew up LOVING these characters). As a result, I haven't seen Suicide Squad and haven't even watched the trailers for the other movies they have coming up.

I have seen some people claim that The Curse of Sleeping Beauty is a comic book film. From what I understand, it was developed as a movie property, and then a decision was made to release a comic to cross promote (similar to the awesome movie A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night and the absolute trash that is Jailbait). Someone can correct me on this if they know better.

What made Apocalypse rank lower than BvS to you guys?

I guess I just feel complete apathy for it. There was nothing in it that engaged me. Even Fass and McAvoy couldnt save it this time like they did with First Class and DoFP. I also despise the idea of Mystique being some kind of saviour and inspiration.

BvS was at least an interesting trainwreck. It was ambitious to a fault, and had some cool moments.

1. Deadpool- Great Deadpool movie

2. Dr. Strange- Really surprised at how much I liked it. Just superbly entertaining.

3. Civil War- Very well made movie, some great scenes. Had some pacing issues and it lacked focus at times. Overall a mid-tier marvel movie for me.

4. X-men Apocalypse- Pretty mediocre and just blah, but it had some scenes/moments I enjoyed. Probably the most forgettable film on this list.

5. Batman v Superman- What a dull movie, I've been waiting for a Batman and Superman movie all my life, this wasn't it.

6. Suicide Squad- One of the worst modern day comicbook movies, right up there with Green Lantern and Fan4stic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"