Rank the Batman Franchise!

All of your posts are terrible.
Damn .

And I decided to hold back on a reply to you somewhere else where I originally said it seemed borderline impossible for you to NOT have a goofy ass take but edited it out

At least the feelings are all mutual, then

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight
4. Batman Returns
5. The Lego Batman Movie
6. Batman & Robin
7. Batman (1966)
8. Batman (1989)
9. The Dark Knight Rises
10. Batman Forever
11. Justice League
12. Batman Vee Superman Colon Dawn of Justice

tumblr_ow98ohdZ0I1rrkahjo6_540.gifv

I don't really have a ranking. TDK is the best Batman film but in terms of my favorites? I don't really have one. I love them all (except the Snyder films) for very different reasons.

Although if Batman Forever was a better movie and did what it could have done at its best, that might be my favorite Batman movie.

****ing A. A few different choices and an adjusted Two-Face performance and Forever would be a masterpiece.

No movie with that Jim Carrey performance could ever be good

Jim Carrey is never been bad in anything. He’s just Jim Carrey.

He should have been Batman instead of Kilmer

Tommy Lee was the weak link in that movie for sure. An innate misunderstanding of the character or porr direction? Who knows.

^^ Both, I'd imagine. Carrey's performance is pretty good for what it's supposed to be, imo. He's a classically larger-than-life comic-book supervillain in that movie. It's not as if the Riddler had never been a giggling goon, prior to Forever. Even putting aside the comics, it was basically Gorshin's shtick, too. Though Gorshin obviously did it better.

But honestly, Carrey IRL is creepier and more ****ed up than his Edward Nygma could ever even hope to be.

The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins
Batman '66
Joker
Mask of the Phantasm
Batman 89
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Lego Batman
Batman & Robin
Justice League
Batman v Superman

So, confession time, I actually don't think the Batman movies released in theaters are that good (with three huge exceptions). To me, the new film doesn't have to work too hard to be at least 4th or 3rd place on my list.

To be clear, these are my rankings of enjoyment, not necessarily quality. I'm thinking about which Batman movie I would rather throw in the Blu-Ray player over the others.

1) Batman Begins (one of my favorite films in general and easily one of the top 5 comic book movies)
2) The Dark Knight (Ditto, just prefer Begins due to having seen it way more as a child)
3) Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (I think the movie has more flaws than some fans will admit, like the Joker's intrusive presence taking focus off of the Phantasm mystery, but it's a really well made look at Batman's origins and the thin line that separates him from the people he fights)
4) Batman (1989) (for me, this film is the movie equivalent of a music video, in that it looks great and it really fun to watch, but it doesn't have much substance at all and isn't really about telling a three act story)
5) Batman Returns (I think this movie has some excellent ideas, along with beautiful cinematography and Elfman's best score, but it never comes together quite right and I really don't think Burton understands Batman as a character)
6) Batman Forever (I LOVED this one as a kid, but it does not hold up well, with cheap looking sets and some over the top performances, though it is still pretty fun if you are in a nostalgic mood)
7) Dark Knight Rises (this is the biggest difference between objective quality and enjoyment on this list. Quality wise, this is probably #4, but I do not care for the direction Nolan took this at all. Batman is barely in it and his arc is lost in the 3 hour runtime, I cannot take Bane seriously, and. the Talia twist is lame. Don't even get me started on "Robin" or the 8 year time jump. But, this is still a really well made film and that first fight between Batman and Bane is chilling. Plus, the ending makes me tear up every time.)
8) Batman V Superman (I'm not a fan of a Batman who kills people left and right and pre-meditates murder. This movie looks beautiful and I can respect fans who love it for the bold choices, but this is just not a version of Batman I can get behind.)
9) Batman and Robin (What can I say?)
10) Lego Batman (Never saw it).

Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Dark Knight Returns
Under the Red Hood
Batman '89
Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
The Dark Knight Rises
Assault on Arkham
Crisis on 2 Earths
Lego Batman
Batman vs Robin
Batman vs Superman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Justice League

As animation and live action films are storytelling mediums I must add that there are several comics/graphic novels that if included would rank high on this list..

TDKR and BvS are worse than Steel Shaquielle O’Neal Oh Peel oh Neeeeeaall. Peel Shaquille O’Neal o’neal

I can respect other peoples opinions and all that, but the hate Batman v Superman gets is perplexing. You'd think the cast and Snyder broke into people's homes and murdered their families or something.

Don't be silly. Of course not.

...but are we just gonna sit around here and wait until they do?! :ebr:

If there is even a 1% chance that Snyder is going to break into someone's home and murder their family, we have to treat it as absolute.

*ducks*

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Joker
Batman Forever
Batman v Superman
Justice League
Batman Returns
Batman
Batman & Robin

Users who are viewing this thread