So you think you know THOR?

Their fries are the best of the plain, unflavored fries (i.e. not Rally's/Checkers) I've had, their nuggets are vastly superior to McDonald's mcnuggets and Burger King's chicken fries, their double-stack is way better than McDonald's double-cheeseburger, their dollar menu is better than any other fast food restaurant's, their Classic Double is magnficence incarnate, and even their buns are somehow tastier than other places'.

Oh my God, I own you.

You will burn in a special part of Hell. :o

Heh. The only thing I've been able to find is a CBR interview that could be what I was thinking of. JMS mentions that he'll draw heavily from actual Norse mythology and reinstate the classic mythological structures.

I'm sure I read that somewhere. Something about using the gods as they were in actual Norse mythology, or something...

I know he's said he's going to use more mythological influence in his run, but I didn't really equate that with restoring their divine titles and giving them powers related to them. I equated that with the idea that he'd basically just pick and choose what he wants from mythology and ignore the established Marvel continuity.

I know he's said he's going to use more mythological influence in his run, but I didn't really equate that with restoring their divine titles and giving them powers related to them. I equated that with the idea that he'd basically just pick and choose what he wants from mythology and ignore the established Marvel continuity.

Hmm...I know I'm not imagining this. The only comic sites I frequent are Newsarama, CBR and ComicsContinuum. That latter of which doesn't really conduct interviews....

I'm pretty sure I read what PJ's talking about too. I can't seem to find the artical either. I'm thinking it was one of those Convention sites tho, when they were still talking about how he was going to approach Thor.

I'll just take your words for it and hope for the best. I'm still a bit wary of JMS, despite the relatively good first issue.

I'm just happy to see that actual myth and look are being apply this time around, Not that it hasn't part of Thor in the past.
The look of everything so far to me is just fantasic.

You mean the Lee & Kirby stuff?

This is so...I'd go to comic conventions to collect stuff, especially the more 'difficult' issues. I have a GIANT issue of Thor vs Hercules where Herc was gonna rule Hades (the dope signed a pact by Pluto) Thor stood in and defeated the 'trials'.

I don't have all the Lee Kirby stuff, but a lot. I thought the Buscema era was the weakest because Thor was just a strongman in tights that swung a hammer...the myth stuff was totally gone. Then Simonson said HEY! And brought it back. Vol.2 I only picked certain issues to read (I didn't like Thor's transformation into a shaggy Odin, he aged far too much for such a short period of time). Nor did I like the 'skinny' Thor when he was sick and dying because of Ygddrasil being messed up.

When he 'returned' to himself I checked out the final Ragnarok (which was cool!) Basically telling TWSIS (The Shadow Sitters) to stuff it...I think they're the earlier (or first) Asgardian gods that survived a previous Ragnarok and fed off their descendents.

Now it will be interesting to see where this goes. Coipel has captured the power and majesty of Thor, but physically he still looks borderline crude and dull witted in the face...I don't think that's been captured well at all. Thor's always been tough but he's starting to look like a boxer that's been in the ring too long. Not flattering at all...and last time I checked he was never a knuckledragger.

I don't get how fans of Thor didn't get into the King Thor Saga. That's second only to Simonson's run for the best Thor I've ever read. I loved how politics and theological debates got mixed into the usual Thor fare.

I'm pretty sure I read what PJ's talking about too. I can't seem to find the artical either. I'm thinking it was one of those Convention sites tho, when they were still talking about how he was going to approach Thor.

Thank you. I'm not crazy.

That's still debatable. We just know now that this particular interview probably exists somewhere outside of your head, unless you've somehow spread your insanity to Vartha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"