Rate & Discuss FF2 Trailer #3!

I am becoming less thrilled with this movie with each trailer. The whole Johnny getting all of their powers realing rules out Super Skrull in any sequeal. Sue on fire flying looked ******ed. That and the rumors that the big "G" is a cloud has turned a movie I really wanted to see into something I am now fearing. Plus SS and "G" really shouldn't be the villians for the second part of a triligy. They should have been held till the final act. What can top them? (if they are done right)

Shame there isn't a "good" option as i thought it was better than above average just needed some Doom for me.

Oddly Latino Review have their front page for this as "New Silver Surfer trailer" lol

Was missing doom but im willing to wait, for me this film is about the ss and the f4, Doom will be awesome im sure!

Off-screen voice: "how do you fight something that can eat planets?"

Reed: "Leave that to me."

is it just me (and it may be) or does the Off-Screen voice sound like Julian?

It actually could be...when I read the production notes thread, it does say something a little X-men United-ish...the team needs Victor's help...but as we all know...he's got something else up his sleeve. Damn...I wanna see more Doom!

Absolutely loved this trailer. Can't stop from watching it again and again and laughing harder and harder.

The editing wasn't as great as the previous trailer but the new snippets of footage make up for that. The ending where Johnny uses Reed's powers was exciting and Reed and Sue is one of the funniest things i've seen in the FF movies.:woot:

Thank god women don't have that power in real life.:ninja:

Then why were a lot of folks saying Doom wasn't in the trailer?

Doom in armour was not in the trailer....thats what we mean when we say Doom was not in the trailer.....some are wanting to see what he looks like in action with the armour because that has not been seen yet...

Yeah the new trailer was cool. Fox is spouting that FF2 is TWOK for the FF saga. Hmmm, well they have the short film run time down, although TWOK is a stunning film in more ways than one, FF never looks as though it could go overly deep and still be credible. It seems far to light-hearted. That's not a bad thing by the way I am greatly looking forward to the film as I enjoyed the first one. It just seems Fox is biting of more than they could possibly chew. Still the SS alone should make this film better than the first, even though I am miffed at Alba's toyetic look.

I have to say though I have a slight concern over the Silver Surfer's 'defeat'. Surely the combined powers of the FF (only one of who has super strength) isn't enough to take someone down with the Power Cosmic? If that happens I will be severly disappointed. I want SS to stop fighting as a choice of his own, although I do want to see him effortlessly batter the Four. In the same way I like seeing Venom batter Spidey.

I thought the trailer was very good, although the editing felt a bit strange, the way it went from joke to serious to joke etc.

The special effects looked good to me, and the humour seems spot on.

By the way was that Ben lifting the London Eye? :wow:

I thought the trailer was very good, although the editing felt a bit strange, the way it went from joke to serious to joke etc.

The special effects looked good to me, and the humour seems spot on.

By the way was that Ben lifting the London Eye? :wow:

yes....:yay:

I'm impressed with what I'm seeing so far.

Above average. I wish there were more shots of Reed using his powers.

^ Kmack if that TBS Movie Extra Video finds it's way online you'll see Reed bigtime doing his thing.

^ Kmack if that TBS Movie Extra Video finds it's way online you'll see Reed bigtime doing his thing.
TBS extra?:confused: I never heard of that!:eek: Is there a description of the video floating around???:wow:

I just saw the trailer and it's pretty good. But, IMO the trailer for the first movie was pretty good too, and hated the movie. Unfortunately, I think this will be the same with FF4 2. It's just being made to sell toys and they don't care about quality, IMO.

It's not being made to sell toys because Fox makes the bulk of it's money off the film. Marvel makes the money off the toys. Also expectations for toy sales for FF are low and not expected to clean up like Spidey toys.

Off-screen voice: "how do you fight something that can eat planets?"

Reed: "Leave that to me."

is it just me (and it may be) or does the Off-Screen voice sound like Julian?

Isn't there a TVspot that shows Johnny saying that, i'm sure I've seen it

Hopefully they make Dr. Doom more like he is in the comic books and far less than how he was portrayed in the first FF movie.

I think that the new trailer is wonderful. Yes, the editing is a bit awkward, but I just love that the focus is really on the four of them. The tone of the trailer is just about right too and should have a great appeal to a wide audience.

I'm planning to read the novelization in the next couple of days, so I guess I'll know what SuperSkull! Johnny is all about and how much it will be used in the movie, but the SFX in those scenes is really impressive. Other than that, I think Sue steals the show in this trailer. She gets to do pretty cool things with her powers and even more so, the characterization is spot-on. It just feels like this is the Sue Storm I've come to know in those comic pages. Ben and Reed (maybe not Reed, since he is established as the leader here) are a bit under-represented in the trailer but look great nonetheless.

I just hope that we haven't seen too much of the action through the trailers and such... like seeing Johnny use both his and Reed's powers at the same time might be considered pretty spoiler-ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"