Superman Returns Rate Superman Returns without Spoilers

redmarvel

Red, White and Buxom
Reaction score
Ok folks, rate the movie and give a reason for your rating. If you must put in a spoiler use the spoiler formatting to black it out.

Frankly, from the ads, it looks like it leans heavily on CGI.

Just saw the IMAX show tonight.......... A+ for Superman Returns Imax 3-D. I'm sure the effects rock in the theatres, but IMAX 3-D do x10 :supes:

Spiderman 3 should reconsider & do a 3-D print

I think every movie should consider doing an IMAX version. IMAX is the only way that some folks will pay for movie tickets these days.

i thought it was a pretty good movie. i wouldnt call it the greatest in any aspect, but i got what i expected- a summer Superman adventure. i put it on par with Superman The Movie (in the spoiler section there is a review pointing out all the similarities its almost scary). i thought it felt like X-Men- a movie that was setting up for a strong sequel- but this had more action/effects and some pretty strong scenes dealing with lois and superman.

this is just my own nit-picking, but there were times where brandon didnt look like superman and other times he looked great- and the same goes for spacey. i still dont think kate looks like a lois lane (my favorite was teri hatcher), but regardless of their appearances i thought they all did a great job portraying the comic counterparts.

i give it 8/10.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and don't know how to use the spoiler format. How's it done? In the meanwhile, I have to say it was poor, and it hurts to say that becasue the original Superman movies (1 & 2) along with Williams score impacted so much on me that I went into videoand film production. Most of my friends say the original Star Wars was their inspiration (so now I'm dating myself), but for me, it was Superman 2. It's a bit hard to watch now, but for years, it was my favirote all time film, probably saw it at least tentimes in theater (before the days of VCRs and HBO! Wow, I feel old!)! So, it's hard to say, but I was very disappointed.

redmarvel said:
Ok folks, rate the movie and give a reason for your rating. If you must put in a spoiler use the spoiler formatting to black it out.

Frankly, from the ads, it looks like it leans heavily on CGI.

9/10.the cut scenes should have been there.

qstorm said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum and don't know how to use the spoiler format. How's it done?

I was trying to find the instructions... but had no luck. :eek:

Basically you would do a left square bracket (on the same key as { near your Enter key), write the word "spoiler", then a right square bracket. Type what you don't want visible, then use the left square bracket again, followed by the slash "/" character, followed by the word spoiler and the right square bracket.

canoe news said:
Superman may not be the world's greatest superhero at the box office, but the Man of Steel still flies high.

Superman Returns took in $52.15 million over opening weekend, lifting its five-day total since its debut Wednesday to $84.2 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

That puts the Warner Bros. film ahead of the premiere of last year's Batman Begins, another Warner superhero revival, which took in $48.7 million over its opening weekend and $72.9 million in its first five days. But Superman Returns finished far behind Sony's Spider-Man 2, the record-holder for best five-day openings, with $152.4 million over Fourth of July weekend in 2004.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/BoxOffice/

This doesn't surprise me somehow...

This Movie Was A Rehash Of The Original Movie.Hopefully, Singer will do something original next time.

i thought it was The second Best in the supes Series Behind Superman I

I said it was great but I forgot to comment. I considered this the second greatest of the superheroes movies. Second behind Superman: The Movie.
I am glad, very glad that their is a new Superman movie. All I have to say is about time. I hope there is more in the future.:supes:

It was good and worth the price of admission. However, it did fall short of my expectations.
Batman Begins is still DC's best movie out.

Movie was too long, not much action. Movie felt like a love story love triangle whateve. ill give the movie 2.5/5

I loved the film and have seen it three times as of this writing. From the intro on I was hooked. I'm very anxious to see the scenes left on the cutting room floor. They'll probably fill in more of the backstory a shade better. I thoroughly enjoyed the performances and think they'll just get better and better each time out. I also enjoyed the scripting and really liked the character development. Especially how Superman/Clark was written. The FX and score also impressed me as well. My wife even wants to buy the soundtrack?!? When she said that, I had to look outside my window for any airborne pigs. Usually she doesn't give a rat's *** about Superman. This movie changed that.

7.5/10 = movie

9.5/10 = Plane rescue sequence.:supes:

It was a "good" movie... It just missed being great, and I'm not sure why... I just didn't find myself "lost" in the movie. It needed better music, and the
tidal wave never really manifested
, and there should have been a different way for him to have
removed the island
. Basically some big plot holes that disappointed me.

movie = 8/10

suit = 2/10

actors = 10/10

For me personally, it was one of the greatest superhero movies ever. The greatest? I dunno. I'll have to see it a few more times before I make that judgement.

7/10

It was dissapointing in quality and in the box office....

"dissapointing" is the one word I would choose to describe Superman Returns...

A average 7/10. Okay , but not good.
Definately needs improvement in terms of CGI and action as well as storytelling.

All actor did a solid job , given what Brian wanted :rolleyes:
So yeah , IMO. Wasted potential of Frank Langella , Kevin Spacey , Eva Marie Saint .

Very disappointing film in my opinion! Why? This film is uninspired, unoriginal and a total rehash of the original which ran too long and failed to hold my interest and is a total rape of the Superman mythos!

Should have been a reboot of the franchise instead of “a loose sequel!”

I am so sick of people disses this movie. It was not bad. Sure it could have been better but all in all it was a very good film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"