Sequels Re-Casting Cap

BullMcGiveny

Probably Disagree
Reaction score
Evans doesn't sound like he's keen on reupping his contract with Marvel, and Avengers 3 could be his last outing as Cap.

Many think Marvel will address that by having Steve killed, and that Bucky will take over the shield in his stead.

However, Kevin Feige has said in the past that they have no problems with recasting. And they have, with Hulk and War Machine, though Evans happens to be much better received than Howard or Norton.

And for all we know, Evans is making a play for a higher paycheck.

But if Steve was to remain alive and be recast, who do you think could be a good successor?

No suggestion, Evans is great. Certainly not any of these Disney network / twilight goofs they have for everything these days

I would without a doubt do both. Kill Steve, and when he comes back, as he does in the BuckyCap storyline, recast Evans. I think only doing one is a waste of a great story.

As for who, there are a lot of great actors that could do it real justice, from Aaron Eckhart to Armie Hammer to Jake Gyllenhall. I think Chris Pine could be a big win, though he's playing two characters that run too similar thematically (James Kirk and Jack Ryan).

I think if you want to catch someone who is on the upswing, the way they did with all the other main-line actors, I think you're looking for someone like Armie Hammer. Definitely talented, but their career is not going upward. They need a big property.

armie-hammer_zps961bc3f6.jpg

That said, he'll likely have his career in gear by then, which is what, 5 years from now? So he won't have that cheap on the front end "we can make your career" effect that the MCU loves. Even if he doesn't, he'll then be a guy who couldn't float 2-5 major franchises. Not a good look.

All the other young up and coming actors are a bit too short for Cap, otherwise guys like Josh Hutcherson or Emile Hirsch would do a bang-up job in about 5 years.

I would actually rather they just continue with the winter soldier for a bit. Keep the continuity

Armie Hammer is a decent suggestion

i don't want a recast any time soon though

They need to tear his contract up and pay him. I don't expect him to get RDJ money. He made 300,000 for Cap 1 no idea on TWS but I bet it was not what he deserved. He has become Cap, pay the man.

I'd rather they not recast, get Evans to stay on as long as he will, then kill off and/or depower Rogers and put either Bucky or Falcon behind the shield.

I like Steve Rogers as Cap so when the time came I'd prefer a recast. I do think Chris will renegotiate a new contract before everything is said and done. His character has gained in popularity in the hands of the Russo's so I'm hoping it continues to ascend in AoU, Cap 3, and A3/IG.

for me I have zero interest in any Captain America movie where Steve Rogers is not Cap. I don't mind if they do a story where he dies but later in the movie returns as he did after Civil War but not as an ongoing thing I cancelled the current cap book once they aged Rogers and now only going back as they are bringing Steve back. Don't mind the occasional sub but it seems Marvel is doing that way too often.

I have no desire to see anyone but Evans as Cap, i could do a Bucky or Falcon takes up the shield maybe for a movie or 2. But everything I have heard recently is Evans has no desire to leave, he said recently he will do Cap as long as they want him, so if they are willing to dole out the big money to RDJ then doubt they have any problem for Evans either.

Dan Stevens would make an amazing Captain America. AND I DON'T ****ING CARE THAT HE'S BRITISH.

But if they absolutely had to re-cast Cap then Armie Hammer would be the ideal pick or even Garrett Hedlund

I'd prefer to recast if for whatever reason Chis wasn't available anymore (his aforementioned retirement perhaps?) and think like many here Armie or perhaps Hunter Parrish or Alex Pettyfer to skew younger.

Then Hunter Parrish would be my choice for a younger Cap but he would have to bulk up for the role same goes for Pettyfer too

They need to tear his contract up and pay him. I don't expect him to get RDJ money. He made 300,000 for Cap 1 no idea on TWS but I bet it was not what he deserved. He has become Cap, pay the man.

He made 8 M for Winter Soldier, and 13.5 M for AoU. I'm assuming his pay scale went up for Civil War. He's doing fine.

I wonder if there will even be another Cap or what will happen after the the next two Avengers movies. Though it does make sense if they decide to continue there would be more. But I have to imagine RDJ may not want to continue.

each of these movies have potential to be billion-dollar box office hits worldwide. pay the man

They won't recast him.

They'll just have another character take up the Cap Mantle.

RDJ and Evans will cameo in these roles till they are old and grey.

Which is stupid as the reason these characters have stood the test of time is because many different versions are shown without having to worry about if a artist change happens they aren't seen as a bad thing and just a continuous yet different interpretation of the universe.

Scott Eastwood looks the part, I think. No idea about his acting talent.

If they did then Chris Pine of Star Trek fame. Real good actor

Eastwood has the look 100% but i'm not a fan of his acting.

If Chris E. decides to hang up the cap mantle, I think having bucky take over would be a fantastic storyline. I envisage Cap dying heroically in IW 1 or 2, and tasking bucky with continuing his legacy. Cap4 (reborn, the tag line in my mind) would then see bucky taking over the cap persona, with Tony Stark having to guide him about what it means to be cap. I think this would play fantastically with their fragile relationship after the events in CW. Each would slowly realise that they need each other, and they go onto defeating the big bad (in my mind, again, I would love to see red skull return after the events from IW release him back to earth)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"