Reactions and Reviews from people @the Australia Premier for the film *SPOILERS*

Shinobi Rendar

Civilian
Reaction score
Reports are starting to surface on the net from the Australian premier for the film. Here are some of the reactions and reports from the fans who went to see the film. You can see the pics from the Premier in the links

BEWARE OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Report #1 Pics and Report
I am totally blown away - I have just returned home from seeing the world premiere of the movie in Sydney Australia. I cannot overstate how awesome the movie is - visually I have never ever seen anything like it.

I won't give away any spoilers (except for Optimus dying -kidding!) but will only say that the movie is very true to Generation 1 - particularly in terms of character interaction (you have failed me again Starscream!!!!).

It was such a spin out to have Michael Bay, Megan Fox and Rachael Taylor there in the cinema - they introduced the movie and the next thing you see them on screen hanging out with Optimus!

The movie ran for about 2 hours and 20 mins and was so amazingly action packed. There was some good comedic moments too and plenty of Gen 1 references.

There are a few extras during the credits and definitely massive openings for sequels.

I got to meet Michael Bay and took some nice pics of Megan Fox (mostly from behind - a great angle). Please enjoy!

feel free to pm me if you want any spoilers!

Report #2 Pics and Report
My first post !

Hey hey people, just came back from the Sydney screening of Transformers the movie. Its days like this that I love living in Sydney. They had setup this fake war scene at the entrance to the theatre and instead of red carpet they went for the army camouflage carpet (a must have for any home). No large bumblebee like Sth Korea, only a black H2 hummer.

I was expecting a few people to wear their Optimus Voice changer helmet but I was on my own but I didn’t let that stop me having loads of fun with that helmet as people did double takes all night. There were a few local celebrities that made an appearance before the big stars like Megan Fox arrived and was speaking with our local press, I kept calling out to her in that Optimus voice helmet. She came over and had a good laugh when she saw it and posed for a few photos. The main man Michael Bay rocked up and was an all round good guy and nice person who spent a lot of time with the fans, signing lots of things. He had a good laugh when posing with the helmet.

We filed into the cinemas shortly after and Michael addressed the crowd. According to Michael we are one of the first people in the world to see the final cut of the film. There were 2 screens showing the film and Michael sat in ours (yes!) as he was going to his chair I tried to kick my brother out and tried to invite Michael. Michael had a good laugh at that. He made his way into the roped off vip vip area. Just before the movie started someone yelled out “got milk” which made people laugh. I popped my head up a few times to see Michael’s reaction to the scenes in the movie. Speaking of scenes there are so many “money shot” memorable moments that I lost count.

The review that was listed here:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32455

Is pretty spot on, although we saw the finished product with the awesome sounding soundtrack, polished out of this world robotic action and awesome FX. Did I mention the soundtrack was awseome? I had goose bumps it was that good.

After the movie finished I yelled out to Michael “home run” as it was such a great film, I’m certain that once you see it you will also agree. I’m still buzzing and it's 12.30am

Can someone send me ILM's email...I want to tell them what an awesome fantastic job they put together on the movie !

Original Thread

if you find any more reports. Feel free to post them in this thread

Awesome. This film is gonig to be amazing :)

I liked this part (re: the clips during the credits)

3 COOL CLIPS DURING THE CREDITS!

TWO of funny scenes with Sam's parents being interviewed about aliens.

PLUS ONE AWESOME CLIP OF STARSCREAM LEAVING EARTH and our atmosphere!

As a huge Spider Man i can say without a shadow of a doubt i'm more anxious to see Transformers than i was for Spidey.....and believe me i was HYPED to the max for the webslinger

I even started to watch G1 again to build my excitment...

As a huge Spider Man i can say without a shadow of a doubt i'm more anxious to see Transformers than i was for Spidey.....and believe me i was HYPED to the max for the webslinger

Same here. I just finished watching G1 today after the 20th time of going through it :)

I've got to admit, I'm starting to feel the same way too!:woot:

Same here. I just finished watching G1 today after the 20th time of going through it :)

I finished going through all the G1 episodes a month ago.. I'm starting on the Beast Wars stuff now for the first time.

I know it's got a good story, but the CGI just takes me out of it as a CGI fan :p

Studio plants! :cmad:

...just kidding (I hope).

I also think Transformers SHAll and MUST be better, bigger,.. than Spider-Man 3 (and Spider-Man 1 en 2)

I dare to say that Transformers IS/WILL be better than

Superman Returns, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 3 (+ 1 & 2) ALL TOGETHER)

Maybe i'm getting to excited for this movie!

I remember Steven Spielberg said in some video (on You tube) "This movie is gonna blow you away!" And i surely think it will! Hopefully they put the speakers in my local theather good loud for this movie!!!

UPDATE: So, watching the pics in the links from the reports, i see the Optimus Prime helmet fits also for adults?! Good to know! I thought it was childsize...

Steve

Great news. The buzz for this movie is very positive so far.

Studio plants! :cmad:

...just kidding (I hope).

I was wondering when this would surface! :yay:

Actually, I was reserving judgment on that, but now I've seen multiple reviews from different people on different sites and they all basically say the same thing. Sounds freakin' awesome.

I finished going through all the G1 episodes a month ago.. I'm starting on the Beast Wars stuff now for the first time.

I know it's got a good story, but the CGI just takes me out of it as a CGI fan :p

Yeah that is what is preventing me from buying them. I am CGI fan and if the CGI looks really bad I find it hard to enjoy.

I was way, way excited for Spiderman 3 as well, and ended up being extremely disappointed with the film.

That being said, I am finding myself more excited for Transformers and I have faith it'll be better than the mess Spiderman 3 was.

These early positive reviews are going to change my b.o. prediction slightly from third highest domestic film to top three domestic film. I am now open to the possibility that it could top Shrek or Pirates.

Dammit why didn't I move to Sydney instead of Adelaide, oh well two weeks to go. Things are looking good so far.

I'm amazingly hyped for this movie however I feel I'm going be so torned... Part of me going love it for the action but I'm so prepaired to be let down by the story :(

I'm amazingly hyped for this movie however I feel I'm going be so torned... Part of me going love it for the action but I'm so prepaired to be let down by the story :(

Well I am not expecting much of a story this being the first one and all. So as long as it is servicable then that will do. I want deeper and more interesting stories for the sequels though.

Well I am not expecting much of a story this being the first one and all. So as long as it is servicable then that will do. I want deeper and more interesting stories for the sequels though.

Fo'sure dawg... I really wouldn't have cared had I not heard about this stupid cube thing that turns things into robots or gives robots life... I got see how it's pulled off... However if it just gives me Good Robots fighting Bad Robots and a lot of cheesy **** Yeah moments... I'll be a happy camper...

Nice! Maybe TF will be the first good summer blockbuster of this year!!! :up:

These early positive reviews are going to change my b.o. prediction slightly from third highest domestic film to top three domestic film. I am now open to the possibility that it could top Shrek or Pirates.

Bold words. I hope it does that well (waits for Advanced Dark to chime in).

Fo'sure dawg... I really wouldn't have cared had I not heard about this stupid cube thing that turns things into robots or gives robots life... I got see how it's pulled off... However if it just gives me Good Robots fighting Bad Robots and a lot of cheesy **** Yeah moments... I'll be a happy camper...

Same here. The trailer alone contains some F*** yeah moments so the movie should be packed with them :)

Bold words. I hope it does that well (waits for Advanced Dark to chime in).

So do I. If it beat Pirates and Shrek 3 that would be superb.

I figured reviews would start coming in. Great two good reviews but i would like to at least get a few bad ones, or objectives ones so that this whole thing doesn't feel like it's 'fixed' if ya know what i mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"