Reactions and Reviews from people @the Australia Premier for the film *SPOILERS*

Thanks for the find M&M

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well, at least there's not too many complaints on the actual bots and the way they look. The rest of the review was very positive so that's a good thing.

Next movie DEFINITELY needs better writers.

Agreed! People are way to praisefull (real word?) of the screenwriters. To me they are actualy go to guys Bay can use to his liking and style. In other words, lot's of action mixed with bad cheese and lines like "Jesus must love youuuu". I want to see some of dialogue X1 and X2 had between Xavier and Magneto. Something epic and classy with jokes that are actually funny. Then again, i haven't seen this movie yet, so i should wait and not go by Bay's usual work. I hope i'll be surprised!

Oh and:

Originally Posted by MiRaGe73
Nice review. Thank you for putting that together. Question: did the trailers, tv spots, and overall hype reveal too much and therefore was there a little bit of a let down or is it more "we haven't seen nothing yet"?
you haven't seen nothing yet....

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showpost.php?p=368183&postcount=4

As for the Devastator thing Orci, as mentioned before here, does aknowledge it was an error.

Originally Posted by Spanbauer
lol, lovely response Roberto

I hope they can get this corrected before the worldwide release. Other than that though, there hasn't been a bad review of this movie yet from those Transformers fans who saw it

Apparently, Bay said something about there being a big error in the film prior to the screening; do you know if the Devastator/Brawl mixup was it, or something else? Thanks Roberto!
It's gotta be, because we pointed it out twice in the editing room!

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showpost.php?p=368555&postcount=4479

JW, am I the only one happy that we see the Witwickys (parents) again at the end of the movie?

Think it may have just been something I noticed and started to have problems with, tenth time through reading the story (whatever version that may be- script, novel, comic, etc.)

When thinking about voice- there would be no way to have that scene and not have him talk... because the only other options don't make sense- speaking cybertronian, making noises, or a staring contest. Unless they took that scene out and just had him chase Sam- which would be a very awkward jump cut, I'd imagine.

Agreed I really can't see that scene being cut. Barricade HAS to talk.

Also that review was very much waht I expected. So I am happy :)

Cheesey dialogie: YES Transformers bust heads: YES...I can forgive cheesey dialogue for the sake of kick a$$ action.

Cheesey dialogie: YES Transformers bust heads: YES...I can forgive cheesey dialogue for the sake of kick a$$ action.

I personally loved the dialouge that some are calling cheesy...

"Go find your adventure, Sam."

"I bought Satan's Camaro!"... "It's trying to kill me! I think it wants my soul!"

"Drivers don't pick their cars.... cars pick their drivers."

Might just be from my growing up loving films like 'Gremlins' and 'Small Soldiers' though, which has some cheesy dialouge here and there as well...

I personally loved the dialouge that some are calling cheesy...

"Go find your adventure, Sam."

"I bought Satan's Camaro!"... "It's trying to kill me! I think it wants my soul!"

"Drivers don't pick their cars.... cars pick their drivers."

Might just be from my growing up loving films like 'Gremlins' and 'Small Soldiers' though, which has some cheesy dialouge here and there as well...

Well out of those only the Satan's Camaro bothers me a little.

Also I to grew up with Gremlins and many MANY 80's films that contain what people would call cheesy dialogue: still sometimes it can bother me.

wow...i haven't changed, nor noticed, that thing in forever.

clever

Well, Well, Well, look who's acting up like Busta Rhymes now!
(Yeah, I got plenty more of them, guess this one :p )

As I have learnt time and time again. Lines that are cheesy when read can often turn funny when spoken :)

Since I'm unable to direct my perfect version of Transformers (or a black-suit spidey, for that matter), I'm okay with some cheese/humor. I'd rather it be a little cheesy sometimes than dull and boring a la HULK.

Aside from X-Men and Batman Begins, nearly every other comic movie has cheese in it. It must be a prerequisite to directors and writers.

Since I'm unable to direct my perfect version of Transformers (or a black-suit spidey, for that matter), I'm okay with some cheese/humor. I'd rather it be a little cheesy sometimes than dull and boring a la HULK.

Aside from X-Men and Batman Begins, nearly every other comic movie has cheese in it. It must be a prerequisite to directors and writers.

Well I disagree on the Hulk comment as I love that film :)

But yes most comic book movies do have cheese in them...although there is a cheesefactor: a cheesefactor of 10 would put the film in with the likes of DareDevil and a cheesefactor of 1 would put you in with X-Men 1/2.

Having seen many of Shia's films- I think part of the reason why I love that Satan's camaro line is I can seriously hear his possible delivery of that line and it's hilarious. Hell, give that line to anyone who has a good sense of comedic timing and that line could work great.

2hrs or 2hrs and 20min??

and so the running time craze begins again :D

I've always liked TF, but I never became a "hardcore" until the hype for this upcoming flick, and as a newfound G1 hardcore (Not interested in anything post-1986), I didn't like the designs for the film, felt that they should be closer to the original designs (some change is fine, though).

That said, I will be able to accept them if the film captures the spirit of G1, and so far, it's sounding like it might.

Call me foolishly optimistic, but aside from the alterations, I truly hope that Bay surprises us. But I won't let my guard down until the film comes out.

LOL! I've just changed mine to reflect . . . funny stuff! :woot:

ROFL that gives me an idea.

Just remember that the peeps the have just seen it will still be on a high, try not to get to over hyped, I'me sure some of the reviewers may change there opinion as the dust settles. It is still nice to see some +points coming from this.

i seriously hope we havent seen all that there is to see >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"