• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Reason Why Sandman Scenes were Deleted!

This is my first time seeing why they were cut.
Had these scenes been there, Sandman would not have been so pointless in the film, other than being the accomplice.

Talking about sandman maybe I missed something but I think we never saw the spiked mace being used in the film.

Man I feel like they missed such a great opportunity to show sandman displaying all the things and weapons he can create, we barely saw that sledgehammer in the fights. Vissualy this film I think was the most impressive it just had all the wrong plot elements and weak writting what a missed chance. The sand effects really looked awesome and venom too.
Even spidey did some new fighting moves like a shot in which he cuts sandman's legs with a low spinkick while standing on his hands during the armored truck fight.

Yes, there's a lot of coincidences in this movie. There are in the previous ones as well.

Funny thing though is, this guy doesn't seem to be capable of discerning coincidences from non-coincidences. I mean... "Gwen Stacy happens to be in Peter's class". That's not a coincidence, because she's introduced as a person in his class. If that's a coincidence then that MJ lived next to Peter, etc. That's not coincidences, it's the frickin' base of the character.
Likewise, it is clearly a coincidence that a meteorite with a symbiote strikes near Peter's bike... it is not a coincidence that the symbiote attaches itself to Peter's bike. It sensed possible hosts and went for it.

Just seems funny that someone writing about coincidences hardly knows what one is.

That said, yes... there's plenty of coincidences in there. As are there in the comics, as are there in the previous movie. Coincidence is a trait of comic book stories in general.

are you sure you're responding to the right thread?

I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Anyhow, Church himself explains why a lot of his scenes were cut...

http://spiderman.ugo.com/?cur=sand-man-tragedy

Now can we start the petition for Spider-Man 3.1?

Like someone mentioned in another thread, don't worry, like any other studio would do, there will be a number of different releases of this film on DVD. It's a safe bet we will get an expanded edition of this film. We may have to wait for the time around Spider-Man 4 comes out, but it will be released nonetheless.

We are gonna have to get used to the idea of seeing an excellent Spider-Man 3 version without cuts in our small TVs.

Oh well...

D!

Personally, I thought Doc Ock was a more pointless villian than Sandman.

What you say about Doc Ock being the one asked by Harry to find SpiderMan, making Harry to know his secret identity and hence becoming the New Goblin?

D!

Like someone mentioned in another thread, don't worry, like any other studio would do, there will be a number of different releases of this film on DVD. It's a safe bet we will get an expanded edition of this film. We may have to wait for the time around Spider-Man 4 comes out, but it will be released nonetheless.

Read the article linked in your sig.
Sam, you should have stood firm, told them where to stick it.
'My story, or Tobey, Kirsten, James and I walk.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"