Rebecca Buller IS Jenny Olsen in Man of Steel

I thought she did a great job selling how scary her situation was.

I thought Jurwich was the last name of the guy... he was sitting on Lois' desk in that scene too.

Nah I think the name of the guy was Steve Lombard like in the comic

I like Rebecca Buller good actress. Really wish she had more to do. She shouldve been with Lois more

Nah I think the name of the guy was Steve Lombard like in the comic

I like Rebecca Buller good actress. Really wish she had more to do. She shouldve been with Lois more

Just saw this:

tcEFVxp.png

So, yeah the guy was Steve. Thought he was talking to Lois and Steve because they were higher up (or seemed higher up).

thanks for posting that. Didnt see it.

Interesting. I wonder why they didnt just include Jimmy. Oh well

thanks for posting that. Didnt see it.

Interesting. I wonder why they didnt just include Jimmy. Oh well

He probably [BLACKOUT]died in all the destruction.[/BLACKOUT] :woot:

Her fear had me sweating for a bit. Really well done.

Clark wasn't at the Planet until the end. Seeing as Jimmy's function is to be a pal to either Clark or Superman, maybe they didn't want to commit to an actor yet when he'd hardly have anything to do in the movie?

So I guess this is now the "Rebecca Buller IS NOT Jenny Olsen in Man of Steel" thread, huh?

Yeah there really was no reason to shoehorn Jimmy in if he wasn't going to do anything. Lois took her own pics. Jimmy isn't always a secretary.

My guess is there was some confusion between writing certain material for publication. Someone probably though she was Jenny Olsen because nobody said what her last name was to the writer. He fills in the blanks and boom Olsen.

I would love if Jimmy is some ace photographer that comes in to replace one of the staff who left or was killed due to Zods attack. I don't think we need a kid who looks up to Clark but an equal.

As a character who served nothing more than to be someone for Perry to rescue, Buller did a terrific job in that scene.

Yeah that was a great moment. She really sold the fear of the situation. It helped give credibility to the devastation.

But I'm glad she isn't Jenny Olson. I like how they set up Lois being her own photographer too at first until her camera broke. Now she can look for a photographer to handle all that in the sequel.

I thought it was a very well acted moment. Really well done, but I wish the characters were developed more so the scene had more of a punch

So when will this thread's name be changed to the Rebecca Buller IS NOT Jenny Olsen in Man of Steel thread? :o

Good to see people acknowledging how good she acted when she was trapped and possibly near death. The fear in her eyes and emotions were believable. I liked the scene a lot and it was well done.

Last edited:
Very emotive performance from Jenny. I'm glad she wasn't referenced as Olsen in the movie or credits. I didn't know about the novelization reference or whatever, but I'm happy to ignore it.

The only time I thought Jimmy would fit here, is when Lois bust out her camera while with the army.

Who's up for some juvenile Jimmy/Jenny shipping? For me it's gonna be weird if/when they bring Jimmy in because I'm used to the DP Crew being introduced together, and if they bring in somebody else later, it'll almost feel like the Smallville debacle all over again, though perhaps slightly less egregious in this instance.

Jenny was cute, and she fit the cub intern profile just fine, IDK why she can't just decide to pick up a camera and the rest'll be history?

Nah, there's no excuse to not have Superman's pal Jimmy in the sequel since Clark will work at the Daily Planet.

The only time I thought Jimmy would fit here, is when Lois bust out her camera while with the army.

as I said earlier or maybe it was in another thread im too lazy to look, Jimmy couldve helped to inject some humor into what I felt for the most part was a film severely lacking in humor. He and Lois couldve snarked at each other idk I just thought Jimmy couldve given people someone to play off of or give a different perspective

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"