Who was your favorite Actress/Female Character in "MOS"?

Antje stole the show...her delivery of certain lines was chilling.

1. Faora
2. Lois
3. Martha
4. Lara

I can't think of another comic book movie that has this many great female characters.

i think all of them are portrayed very well in the movie. they respect the female in a CBM.

Still not sure how the portrayal of all the female characters in this film failed the Bechdel Test.

Damn, well this is tough. As a character I loved Faora(as I'm sure many posters know :hehe), but as a performance I was so into Amy's Lois. Probably my favorite live action Lois to date and the other female actresses did really well for the time they were given. Ugh inner conflict. :(
Yeah, it's a tough decision narrowing it down to one. Adams and Traue were both top notch for the types of characters they are. Also liked Zurer and Lane.

Zurer's delivery of lines was really good too. Just seeing watch her planet crumble before her eyes gets me every time. :(

dat inner conflict between diane lane, antje traue, and lois lane.

took antje traue anyways because of how badass and sexy she was.

Because her character has so far been the most universally praised, I'm picking Antje.

Zurer's delivery of lines was really good too. Just seeing watch her planet crumble before her eyes gets me every time. :(
Yeah. All alone as destruction creeps forward. Afterwards, the last part of 'Krypton's Last' playing as baby Kal-El's rocket speeds away through space was pretty epic. Their survivor clearing the scene so he can live.

We all know the story and have seen it before, but MOS captured it in a familiar but fresh way. The codex angle, Jor-El being murdered by Zod, etc. Krypton abusing their resources for power also hit home with humanity right now too.

Amy Adams as Lois Lane. I was one of her 'doubters' (but certainly not haters) when she was cast. She started winning me over a lot with the 3 minute trailer. Then seeing the movie...

Without a doubt, the best Lois Lane there's ever been. Fantastic.

Still not sure how the portrayal of all the female characters in this film failed the Bechdel Test.

It actually might have passed.

Jenny tells Lois she has to watch the news. Lois tells Faora she'll go on the ship and Faora says she'll have to wear a breather.

Maybe that counts as not talking about a man.

Lois and Faora are tied for me but I voted for Lois just because Amy is one of my favorite actresses.

lara doesn't get enough she brought more emotional weight than any of the other females

lara doesn't get enough she brought more emotional weight than any of the other females

Ayelet Zurer's take on Lara was certainly good, but, I personally feel that Diane Lane's Martha conveyed the most emotional resonance in this film. One of the other Hype members, Br0adband, put it so eloquently, that I've taken the liberty of quoting his interpretation of Lane's performance.

"There is one moment that caught me pretty strongly in these heart-strings of mine (and I'm sure others as well) but it's done so softly that a lot of people probably missed it - maybe "softly" isn't the right word to describe it, sorry, just the only thing that comes to mind.

When Clark returns home after discovering who he is, learning to fly, etc, and he faces Martha and says he's found his parents, Martha has a little gasp (and you can see her hand cover her mouth for a brief moment), but then he says "I know where I come from now" and that just pretty much broke my heart the very first time I saw the movie - nobody around me seemed to catch Martha's reaction and I was wondering why (hence me saying it happened so softly).

It's pretty obvious in that moment that Martha is heartbroken herself at what Clark just said because in some respects he just dismissed his entire upbringing with Jonathan and her in one short statement. She even looks as if someone just knocked the wind out of her as she says "Wow" but then she looks down at the ground - the same kind of reaction we humans (of course she's human but I mean "we humans" in reality and not the movie) have when someone yanks the proverbial rug right out from under us.

Whenever someone gets seriously bad news about most anything the first reaction is typically a head bowing towards the chest and a sigh, and Diane Lane pulls that off so deftly I swear in several viewings of it in theaters I still feel like I'm the only person that caught it.

Even as she's trying to seem cheerful about his discovery of his past and his people, even as she's saying "I'm so happy for you, Clark" I swear she's about to burst out in tears. Powerful stuff.

She knows and we know he's not meaning to hurt anyone by saying what he says, but it does hurt just the same.

Just another one of those little things."

Aw, the look on her face when Clark told her where he really came from. :(

Definitely, Amy Adams/Lois Lane. Huge Lois fangurl here, and Amy did my girl awesomely.

But honestly, I thought all of the actresses did varying degrees of great in their roles. I admit it, I liked some of them a bit better than others, but I didn't think there was really any obviously weak link in the female cast.

In fact, the only actor I felt was kind of weak was Kevin Costner. I thought everyone else pretty much equated themselves very well.

i think all of them are portrayed very well in the movie. they respect the female in a CBM.

This really is the first CBM movie where I felt like they actually respected all of the female character and actresses as more than the caricatures of "love interest," "maternal figure," "catty *****," and "sex symbol."

Faora hands down. I like Amy Adams alot but she's what 39 years old? Don't get me wrong she's a very good looking woman. But Faora pretty much was the hottest chick in MOS. Synder screwed a lot of things up in Superman, but one thing he did get right and actually surpassed "Ursa" was Faora. PURE SEX in a cape and her character has to be taken seriously other than her sex appeal. She kicks ass all over the place.

This is like not even fair, it's Antje Traue as Faora of course :hrt::O

Faora was my favourite. My brother said to me how he thought she was the coolest female character since Trinity from The Martix. Lois was a close second. Amy Adams was so warm and playful, a great performance from a top actress. Some of my favourite moments were the looks on her face. Particularly when Superman is about to take off and fight the World Engine. They way she smiles at Cavill, so cute. Even the not so prominent female characters like Lara and Martha. Played superbly. A really top level cast assembled for this movie.

Wow this was a supes movie but the women were front and center
all of them were great! Lois was so strong and had a pivotal role, the female villain was scarier than zod. I liked Martha more than Jonathan, I didn't miss Jimmy, I cared for Jenny, Lara had more screentime than what she usually gets and had very emotional and touching scenes. The way she faced death alone but she still stood strong and proud knowing her baby was still alive and safe.

Girl power!!! :hehe:

It was either Amy or Antje - Antje really blew me away as Faora actually. The bit where she first brings down her helmet visor thing, that was cool. It was a shame she didn't have any second thoughts and decide to team up with superman - that would have been interesting.
Hopefully she's still alive in the phantom zone? Would be a bit rough if they had all died!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"