Recast Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Batwoman' started by Sawyer, May 19, 2020.

1. Sawyer High King

Anyone?

If we’re just throwing **** at a wall, I’m gonna say Emily Hampshire (Schitt’s Creek, 12 Monkeys). She’s sort of the same stature as Rose, not identical but not hugely dissimilar in look, her roles on those two shows show a fair bit of range (and more charisma) and she’s pansexual (was engaged to Teddy Geiger), so that fits with what they’re looking for in an actress.

Otherwise idk.

Snow Queen likes this.
  2. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

If they don't just recast her sister as her, I actually really liked the woman from the leaked audition video. Neither would probably do it, but my top two choices that aren't completely outlandish (ERW ain't happen) would be Brianna Hildebrand and Dylan Gelula. But neither are gonna happen.

Shinobi Shaw and Snow Queen like this.
  3. fan4stic Registered

Sara Paxton?

4. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

It's 99% not gonna happen, due to diff ethnicities and all, but Jessica Henwick with her recent short hair would be my fan choice

DarthSkywalker and Snow Queen like this.
  5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Jessica Henwick would be great. Thankfully though she seems to be hitting it off in films with her Matrix part. :D

Their best option for someone they could probably actually get is already on the new Arrow spinoff. She even looks like Kate. :funny:

Snow Queen likes this.
  6. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

if we're just throwing names out
    what about, Paloma Kwiatkowski?
    (a bit younger, and shorter then Ruby, yes) but she was kind of a [email protected] in Riot Girls

ezgif.com-resize.jpg ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

pulls off the short hair look(or at least been welling to cut her hair short for roles, before)
    she's made appearances in other CW shows like "the 100" and "supernatural" so, she's not other of CW's reach, and has connections there

maybe if they did a passing of the torch to Cassandra Cain in show, and she became the new Batwoman....

7. Frodo Registered

Katherine Moennig
    Sarah Shahi
    Lyndsy Fonseca

Snow Queen likes this.
  8. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

My brother would die. :funny:

9. haephestus Registered

I was hoping she’d be She-Hulk!

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Who is it that you're referring to on the new Arrow spin-off that looks like Kate?

No to Katherine Moenig. She's even less likeable than Ruby Rose. Plus she's too old now anyway.

And just like Jessica Henwick would be a different ethnicity, how would Kate Kane suddenly become like Sarah Shahi?

11. Fincher Coming Undone

If bisexual is enough, there's Cara Delevingne. I know she gets some criticism for her acting herself, but I'm just saying. She does look somewhat similar.

12. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

This is such a hot take and would take a heavy load of retconning, but I would suggest Samira Wiley. She basically checks off all the same boxes Ruby did except she can actually act and isn’t white. Again it would take a ton of retconning, but I would just have her and Rachel Skarsten be half sisters and Jacob Kane had an affair with a black woman.

I say all that to say it worked out for Batman 66 with Eartha Kitt.

13. SuperRouth Registered

Only if she does the Enchantress dance in the Batwoman outfit :funny:

14. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

[​IMG]

Snow Queen likes this.
  15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

How exactly do they retcon that though? Do they just ignore the first season and all the crossovers? And the fact is that her and Rachel were twins not half sisters, and it's impossible to ignore that Kate Kane was white. And it showed all these flashbacks to when the girls were young and also how their real mother was white (that actress from Heartland).

If you're going to get another ethnicity, it's better to say that it's not Kate Kane but a different character in the cowl. Maybe Alice finally killed Kate, albeit offscreen.

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

She doesn't really look like Ruby Rose, which is why I didn't know who you meant. And that would be impossible now to have her, since she's appeared in so many episodes as Ollie and Felicity's daughter and is meant to be headlining her own series instead of filling someone else's shoes now.

17. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I said she looked like Kate, not Ruby Rose. Ruby Rose looks not one bit like Kate Kane.

Also yes I know she is not going to be cast in the role. Hence the laughing, because they rather screwed it all up in the first place by casting Ruby Rose.

Snow Queen likes this.
  18. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

big fan of hers is he?

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  19. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

He's had a crush since seeing her on Bates Motel. My favorite thing was when he saw her at the end of the second Percy Jackson and realized there would be no sequel. He was so sad.

20. nick p Registered

Kate Kane got plastic surgery to completely change her appearance

21. Midnite Registered

Stephanie Beatriz wants the role. I think she would be great.

BossLogic

[​IMG]

3rdstone likes this.
  22. eon001 Registered

I'm going to catch some $*** for this but I want them to hire a physical actress that can do there own stunts and choreography.

Didn't Ruby damn near get paralysed in a stunt? Don't put actors in these dangerous situations. Get someone that's used to taking those bumps.

I think it would help the branding of the show if they turn it into an action spectacle like Enter the Badlands and John Wick. Hire a stunt actor or WWE diva.

Gina Carano, Ronda Rousey, Alexa Bliss, Eve Torres, Any of the Bella twins. Or jsut look for unknown talent like that knows how to scrap like Caity Lotz.

Bring on the mockery. :p

23. Frodo Registered

I'm just tossing out names at this point. None of us are doing the casting for this role, and it's probably going to be someone who's not gonna be mentioned on these boards anyway.

That said, I'm putting down the names of actors who I think could pull off the role, not who I think should be or will be cast. These are just suggestions, not a contract.

As far as likability of Moening ,we'll have to agree to disagree. If you don't find her likable , fair enough. We disagree. The age I have already conceded on another board, but again, I'm looking at acting here , not whether her age mirrors Ruby Rose.

Sure, Shahi is not white, but she's not so dark it would be a radical change.

I'm also skeptical the producers will be overwhelmingly hung up if the actress is more ethnically mixed like Shahi. You may disagree, that's fine.

I just think they're gonna go more for an actress who can act then finding an actress who fits as close to Ruby rose as possible.

If anything , the setback to for someone like her might be her sexuality and her age.

24. Dr. From parts unknown

Sarah Shahi is a bit old for the role - though she looks just fine. :cool: However, she’s on the short side.

Ellen Page has the LGBTQ credentials. And she’s Canadian (good for Vancouver production credit). But she’s even shorter than Shahi.

25. Wheels Groovy

I don't care how short Page is, if they could get someone that legit to lead Batwoman CW would be pissing themselves with excitement.

#25 Wheels, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020