Batwoman Recast Suggestions?

Wallis Day has some good acting chops and she looks the part. There, I just recast the part for them. Your welcome.:o

I think she looks the best out of the casting suggestions we've had so far. She looks like Alice and isn't overly butch etc and looks more like a CW-friendly type actress who is also apparently lesbian enough for them. So they should cast her.

Wallis Day has some good acting chops and she looks the part. There, I just recast the part for them. Your welcome.:o
The producers will probably go for someone else :csad:

I’m gonna be disappointed if it isn’t Wallis Day.

I'm sure someone will say she's too obvious and that they want someone no-one would've thought of before. Well, Ruby Rose was too obvious wasn't she? But they still got her. Anyway, if they manage to come up with an unknown who is likeable and a good actress, then hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Why did she lose out on the role the first time round? Were Ruby Rose's audition and acting skills better? Because if it proved not to be, then what do the CW execs have to say for themselves?

That said, I'd rather have Wallis Day or the other actress than Platz. Platz looks a bit like the Joker sometimes when she smiles, as there's something a bit manic about her which makes her look crazier than Alice.

Why did she lose out on the role the first time round? Were Ruby Rose's audition and acting skills better? Because if it proved not to be, then what do the CW execs have to say for themselves?

That said, I'd rather have Wallis Day or the other actress than Platz. Platz looks a bit like the Joker sometimes when she smiles, as there's something a bit manic about her which makes her look crazier than Alice.

Ruby got he role over her because the exact reason you likely rather have Wallis Day. More well known, has the look, bigger draw. Ruby is a bigger name which gets more press for the show which studios love. They dont really have much to say because their gamble paid off, BW is a hit for the network, #2 show. Ruby didnt work out but they couldnt have known that from the beginning.

How about Sonya Deville? She wants the role, and is probably more athletic than Ruby Rose.

This new one will be like Patience Phillips in the Catwoman movie with Halle Berry instead of Selina Kyle.

How about a new Batwoman every season?

I’m... not buying that just yet.

If they’re going to ditch Kate Kane, I genuinely wonder whether they’d be better off just (re)launching the show under the Batgirl character.

They can keep everything that’s happened as having happened, and then bring Batgirl into the fold. This Batman/Bruce Wayne can be the mentor, with the story very much focusing on the new blood.

Surely there’s more sense in that than replacing Kate Kane as Batwoman?

The issue is a at woman ended on a cliffhanger, infact a bloody brilliantly one so if they don’t recast what do they do with the plot threads they’ve left dangling?

If they’re going to ditch Kate Kane, I genuinely wonder whether they’d be better off just (re)launching the show under the Batgirl character.

They can keep everything that’s happened as having happened, and then bring Batgirl into the fold. This Batman/Bruce Wayne can be the mentor, with the story very much focusing on the new blood.

Yea personally I think at this point they should just scrub the show all together. I think they should do Batgirl. Either way Batwomen is doomed. There to many plots left open with Batwomen just out right replace the character all together. They concept of the new character is kind of lame. I've Never even heard of Ryan Wilder in DC comics. So this is just a made up character all together. Which is stupid cause there so many characters they could use. I mean you could use Cassandra Cain.

Why are they making the new character a Lesbian. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the fact that Kate Kane was a lesbian because she is in comics. It just seems like their making this a lesbian character just to do it.

Either way I think Batwomen is doomed.

Comics do some
The issue is a at woman ended on a cliffhanger, infact a bloody brilliantly one so if they don’t recast what do they do with the plot threads they’ve left dangling?
I wonder if they'll declare that Alice actually managed to assassinate Kate off screen. :csad:

I wonder if they'll declare that Alice actually managed to assassinate Kate off screen. :csad:

That’s what concerns me and we’ll get some weird ass flashback with someone in the costume getting murdered but we don’t see their face, just would feel so undeserved. Shame they couldn’t get Ruby back for a couple of episodes at least.

I’ll be honest to if this wasn’t tied in with the other CW shows I think they’d have just cancelled the show.

I suppose we should or could ask where Barry and his time tampering shenanigans are when he’s needed the most!?

Surely they can get RubY back for an episode though? To wrap it all up? Or just have a body double and kill her off - they can always bring in another Kate Kane from the multiverse later down the line if they ever wanted too.

Yea personally I think at this point they should just scrub the show all together. I think they should do Batgirl. Either way Batwomen is doomed. There to many plots left open with Batwomen just out right replace the character all together. They concept of the new character is kind of lame. I've Never even heard of Ryan Wilder in DC comics. So this is just a made up character all together. Which is stupid cause there so many characters they could use. I mean you could use Cassandra Cain.

Why are they making the new character a Lesbian. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the fact that Kate Kane was a lesbian because she is in comics. It just seems like their making this a lesbian character just to do it.
For the same reason that they’ve pushed the LGBT angle on Batwoman and Legends (sometimes); they’re trying to broaden their viewership. If you have a show with a lead LGBT character you attract LGBT people to it which boosts viewers and increases the likelihood that those viewers may tune in to the other shows. Add to that, LGBT lives matter (no joke) and we’ve gotta accept them, even if we don’t particularly agree the way the CW is handling it.

Surely they can get RubY back for an episode though? To wrap it all up? Or just have a body double and kill her off - they can always bring in another Kate Kane from the multiverse later down the line if they ever wanted too.
I have my doubts cause it doesn’t sound like she left very amicably. The body double is more likely but how cheap would that be.

I have my doubts cause it doesn’t sound like she left very amicably. The body double is more likely but how cheap would that be.
Casting Ruby was cheap enough if you ask me. It was a poor move that was only ever going to end this way.

There’s no practical way they can just continue the story with a new character playing the role of Batwoman without actually writing the last one out, short of going the six months later routine, but we’re still going to have a lot of confused and begrudged viewers; not because of Ruby’s leaving, but rather because of the cliffhanger and no payoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"