Sequels Recasting Steve Rogers

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
hi everyone,

So we all love Chris, he’s been perfect but we also now know he has hung up the cowl. I reckon one day, not right after Chris but one maybe ten years in the future marvel will want to bring Steve Rogers back and just keep the continuity intact. So who would you cast?

I reckon Dave Thomas Brown would be amazing

He was in the Book of Mormon and American psycho on broadway plus he’s young enough to take the role in a decade or so

I've never seen Dave Thomas Brown but he has that all-American boy look.

Whoever eventually gets the job sure has one almighty pair of shoes to fill.

I know, it was hard enough casting Steve last time but this time the bar has been set so high

Absolutely. There's no superhero movie casting/performance I'd rank higher. He really, really surprised me.

Agree Milk tray guy Chris Evan surprised the heck out of me! I thought after his ok performance as Johnny Storm He wasn’t going to be very good. He is fantastic as Captain America and it’s extremely difficult to cast someone who will be as good as him. it’s hard to find another actor who could fill the role

Well, I will say at the time when his name was suggested he was instantly my favourite choice. The other choices were not great but as soon as someone said “what about Chris Evans” I was like “oh!”

I absolutely, unequivocally, do not want a new Steve Rogers in the modern day MCU after Chris Evans leaves the role. If he dies, let the man rest in peace. And spare the fans from having to watch Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan call a twenty-something up-and-coming actor "Cap".

That being said, I would not be completely opposed to seeing the further adventures of Steve in WW II with a younger actor in the role.

Does John Cena Want to be the New Captain America? - MCU Cosmic

With Chris Evans seemingly retiring from the role of Captain America with Avengers 4, everyone is wondering who is going to pick up the shield next. Obviously fans are hoping for Bucky or Falcon, but what if they go in an unexpected direction?

This morning John Cena posted a picture on his Instagram of the Captain America shield prop replica that Marvel is now selling, sparking people to think he could be expressing interest in being the new Cap. Or, he just ordered one of those cool (and very expensive) prop replicas and is showing it off, but it’s more fun to think of him as Cap:

Tbh me too. He’s a tank sure but I don’t think he would have the same level of inspirationality that evans had. I just made that word up

Dacre Montgomery is the only one who springs to mind.

Dacre-Montgomery-2018-Critics-Choice-Awards.jpg

lets just say, no one can replace Chris Evans, just there's no way, none. only him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"