Remake Wild, Wild, West

bengali

The new Thundercat Lord!
Reaction score
Make Wild, Wild, West again, and make it right this time. don't make it comedy and lame arse, make it look realistic, stop doing stupid things to good shows. What next? the Love boat Movie! Make a good Magnum P.I. as well, do not use Ben stiller, I love the guy, but we need good movies with drama again. i wonder how Miami vice is going to do with Colin Farrell, and Jamie Fox, might be interesting to see!

Well it's made by the creator of the series so hey, it has hope :up:

and Micheal Mann is a good director.

I don't see what's so wrong with teh first one... I enjoyed it and salma Hayeck showed her booty in it too so that was like icing on the cake.

Wesyeed said:
Salma Hayeck showed her booty in it too so that was like icing on the cake.
Given on Salma's booty, but it was not realistic enough, to far fetched, it was good but it could have been much better, it was too comical for my taste, James West was more manly then Will Smith portrayed him. no offense to Big Willy, but it just didn't do that great a tribute to a very good T.V. Show!

I never saw the show so I guess that's why I liked it. Maybe they should have called it something other than wild wild west and more people would have enjoyed it like i did... meh...

bengali said:
Given on Salma's booty, but it was not realistic enough, to far fetched, it was good but it could have been much better, it was too comical for my taste, James West was more manly then Will Smith portrayed him. no offense to Big Willy, but it just didn't do that great a tribute to a very good T.V. Show!

They didn't show enough Salma IMO, and then having her be married was a stupid twist that robbed the film of the standard sexual attention/payoff for Smith's Jim West.

I hated this film. I'm a fan of the original TV show. Though I wasn't opposed to Smith playing Jim West, the plot sucked, the racial humor was too much, and the villian was uninsipiring.

I would've preferred Artemis Gordon remaining a master of disguise instead of a quirky scientist and Dr. Loveless being Miguelito Loveless, a demented genius instead of an unreconstructed Confederate.

There also wasn't enough fist fighting and romancing the ladies.

bengali said:
What next? the Love boat Movie! Make a good Magnum P.I.

QUIET YOU FOOL! WILL SMITH MIGHT BE READING THIS! OH GOD! VARIETY JUST REPORTED IT! MOVIES OF THE LOVE BOAT AND MAGNUM P.I. HAVE GOTTEN THE GREEN LIGHT...STARRING WILL SMITH AS CAPTAIN STUBBING AND WILL SMITH AS MAGNUM! MARTIN LAWRENCE IS SET TO PLAY HIGGINS! WAY TO GO ASS HOLE!

DarKush said:
They didn't show enough Salma IMO, and then having her be married was a stupid twist that robbed the film of the standard sexual attention/payoff for Smith's Jim West.

I'm not Wild Wild West afficindo, but didn't the show do that quite a bit? Have some twist that kept Jim from getting the girl?

As much as I didnt like Smith in the role, I do like the idea of a black Jim West rather a white one like the TV show. The idea of the UNion vs. the Confederate ideologies still floating around certainly creates an interesting hook.

I think they could've stuck with the same plot. They had a lot of good ideas, and the idea of going steampunk with the whole thing was interesting. But they needed a better execution.

Matt said:
I'm not Wild Wild West afficindo, but didn't the show do that quite a bit? Have some twist that kept Jim from getting the girl?

Jim West and Artemis Gordon were both players. And usually Jim would love 'em and leave 'em as he went on to his next adventure/assignment, a la Cpt. Kirk and James Bond.

With the WWW movie, I didn't like the misleading buildup and the cop out of Hayek being married all along. That was lame.

Matt said:
Only because Jim hit it backstage then rode out, he wanted it that way, hence the train for quick get aways, love 'em and leave 'em is the James West way baby!

cerealkiller182 said:
As much as I didnt like Smith in the role, I do like the idea of a black Jim West rather a white one like the TV show. The idea of the UNion vs. the Confederate ideologies still floating around certainly creates an interesting hook.
Perhaps Wesley is up for a part? or are we to see another Blade?

I like the original show. Shame it was cancelled 'cause it was too violent. :( At least it's coming to DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"