Remakes that wouldn't drive you crazy!

I kinda want them to remake "game of death" the way bruce lee intended it. I mean, sure it won't be the same w/o him, but still.:bow:

None of Bruce Lee's movies should ever be touched, if they have the archived footage, then re-release it with the footage, but NO REMAKE.

None of Bruce Lee's movies should ever be touched, if they have the archived footage, then re-release it with the footage, but NO REMAKE.

ya, but they screwed up the movie. they didn't have the original script. only the footage. and even that had alot of stuff edited out. I think they should either remake a more faithful edition, or make the story into a video game or something

I guess a remake of the Neverending story would be sort of interesting. I don't know, what I really want is new stuff, new characters, new adventures not just a "reinvisioned" look at Falkor or whatever.

Oh and an X-men remake of course but that goes without saying

Last edited:
The Beastmaster: Better fight scenes (the ones in the original looked choreographed), more nudity/sex (like the Juns not just slaughtering the people of Emir, but also having their way with their women), and cut the man-eating-bird-people out completely. Rewrite the ending so that it doesn't feel like a deus ex machina (spelling?). I'd have the city gates open after Dar defeats the leader of The Juns and the townspeople come charging out, weapons bared, to protect their young king. The Juns, who're leaderless and have lost many men to the flaming moat, lose moral and flee after a short fight.

Dungeons & Dragons: Have a script written by someone who had actually played the game. Don't use dragons as flying fire breathing horses, or beholders as multi-eyed guard dogs. Dragons also shouldn't so willingly accept being controlled by a magic scepter (this should really piss any dragon off). Maybe keep the same characters, but write a different story for the adventure.

Dungeons & Dragons II: Same story, but use different (better known) actors, better wardrobe (Lux didn't look very much like a barbarian at all), and better special effects. Add Norda the elven ranger and Elwood the dwarven fighter from the first movie to the party. Change Nim from a human to a halfling and get either Warwick Davis, Verne Troyer, or Debbie Lee Carrington to play the role (that last one will require Nim to be rewritten as a female halfling). I'd also change Berek the party leader from a fighter to a paladin. And add the scene where he finds the magic sword (though if he were a paladin I'd make the sword a Holy Avenger, and give the Vorpla Sword to Lux).

Conan The Barbarian: While I love the Schwarzenegger version, it was meant to be the first installment of a trilogy. With Ahnuld retired, for the trilogy to be completed the first two installments need to be remade. The story would stay basically the same, but I'd add some eliments from the novelization of the film. Things like... Conan's sword is never broken, he recovers it from Thulsa Doom's harem. The Eye Of The Serpent has mystical powers which allow Thulsa Doom to control his followers. The shaman has far more magical powers than what's shown in the movie, making him far more effective in The Battle Of The Mounds. King Osric is murdered by his guards. The skeleton in the crypt Conan hides from the wolves in comes to life and attacks him. Conan doesn't need a rope to climb The Tower Of The Serpent. The forging of his father's sword takes longer, with more dialogue between Conan and his father. The barbarians in Conan's village fare better against the Vaniir than they do in the movie. The Vaniir don't just slaughter all the adults, they also have their way with the women of the village. Conan's mother kills her fair share of Vaniir as well. Conan should be played by Tyler Mane, Valeria by Uma Thurman, and Subotai by Al Leeong. Thulsa Doom should be played by iether Wesley Snipes or Ving Rhames.

Canan The Destroyer: Keep the title, change everything else. Conan should be played by Tyler Mane again. If they bring back Malek from the original, make him brave and intelligent or make him mute. And if Queen Teramis is going to be the villain, than use the actual story from the Conan stories. Queen Taramis is abducted and replaced by her evil twin sister. The story is about freeing the real Taramis and getting her back in power.

Them! with modern special effects for the ants. Absolutely keep the classic sound of the ants though.

Them! with modern special effects for the ants. Absolutely keep the classic sound of the ants though.

idk, modern day them sounds kinda cheasy. I don't think it could ever work as good as when it originally came out.

ya, but they screwed up the movie. they didn't have the original script. only the footage. and even that had alot of stuff edited out. I think they should either remake a more faithful edition, or make the story into a video game or something

The original Game of Death was done the way as intended in 1999 when someone found the archived footage. Bruce Lee will always be regarded as one of the world's greatest martial artists if not the greatest, I think that his films should be left alone due to the fact that they served their purpose at the time and they still serve a purpose, he made a cultural impact as far as martial arts films. If remade, it would be screwed up

Jet Li already remade Fists of Fury (known in US as Chinese Connection).

Vampirella: Written, produced, and possibly directed by Joss Whedon. If not directed by Joss, them by Tim Burton.

Battle Beyond The Stars: Written By Joss Whedon, produced by George Lucas, and directed by Steven Spielberg.

This is good, i was going to make a thread like this but we already have one, horray.

THE TOWERING INFERNO
CONAN THE BARBARIAN
CLASH OF THE TITANS

Vampirella: Written, produced, and possibly directed by Joss Whedon. If not directed by Joss, them by Tim Burton.

Battle Beyond The Stars: Written By Joss Whedon, produced by George Lucas, and directed by Steven Spielberg.

Oh you don't want Lucas involved, dude.

This is good, i was going to make a thread like this but we already have one, horray.

THE TOWERING INFERNO
CONAN THE BARBARIAN
CLASH OF THE TITANS

I am surprised Towering Inferno hasn't been remade since 9-11...Hollywood will try to make a buck off American tragedies and Towering Inferno has all the elements to be that. Bring OJ back for it...:woot: (I just remembered he was a security guard in that)

Clash of the Titans is in the works, I don't really have a problem with that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"