Report from the Set today at U of T!

moanjam

Civilian
Reaction score
i dropped by u of t today on my way home from work to see if i could spot anything. upon arrival near convocation hall, i saw a bunch of cars/trucks with gear and then to the right, in a parking lot, there were a two actors in military gear. there were a few people gathered on the street watching and no one telling me to stay away from them so i walked toward them and pulled out my camera and took a shot. then some lady screamed at me from the street and said, "no pictures!" (i then noticed she was a crew member). i said sorry and quickly walked away so that they wouldn't hassle me if i stuck around.

i walked around a building to the other side where the military scene was going on and found three military vehicles (looked like hummers) lined up on the street. the direction they were facing in had more gear set up and some crew people were keeping students/passers-by from walking in that direction. the crew members were standing in front of the trucks with HUGE bags of feathers (???) that they would grab a handful from and throw in the air every couple of seconds (???). i'm guessing this was a visual indication that the camera crew could pick up from a distance? i have no idea. anyways, after a few minutes, the hummers moved in towards the cameras and a bunch of extras in military gear came running out behind them. the crew then said people could pass once that scene was shot so i kept walking towards the big set up of lights/equipment and what was obviously the center of attention.

as i got closer i noticed these two large aluminum type objects (maybe 15 feet tall in height) and tons of actors around them. this was on a field of grass and then there was the sidewalk where people were watching. they had a bunch of security crew standing on the sidewalk keeping an eye on the people so i couldn't even pull out my camera again (damn!!!) i walked around where i saw the actors chairs and was trying to spot ed norton or liv tyler. there were so many crew that i just stuck my eyes on everyone in the crowd. :-) and finally i spotted them. just about 25 feet in front of me, there was edward norton! i was in awe - ed is my favourite actor of all time. then i noticed liv just behind him talking to him and she walked in the direction of a bunch of female crew surrounding a red baby carriage (i'm assuming that was liv's baby). ed then pulled out his cell phone and sat on one of the chairs underneath a tree and started to talk. at one point, the crew walked away and he sat all by himself and i had an unobstructed view of him. i wanted to go up and talk to him but i knew the security crew would stop me as soon as i took one step towards him. i stood there for about 10 minutes just looking around and hoping he would come out and say hi to the fans but he was on his cell phone the whole time. then one of the security crew asked people to move away from the sidewalk as it was suppose to be clear. so i walked away in the opposite direction. i saw two fans with long range cameras trying to move in but i don't think they could get in close enough. the security crew surrounded the entire field and were giving me the evil eye everywhere i went! :-) i think they knew i wanted photos.

if anyone wants to go see the set, i would suggest to go down to u of t near convocation hall in the next couple of days and see if they're still there. i'm going to drop by on monday again after work if i hear there still there and will try my hardest to get some pics!

For what it's worth, I thought this post was the most stimulating read over the weekend when I saw it. Just assumed a conversation would ensue and that I would catch up later on, as usual. The "huge bags of feathers" and "two large aluminum type objects" on a field of grass are particularly intriguing. Any other updates, please do post - either here or the official "updates" thread - but with spoiler alerts, as necessary. :up:

For what it's worth, I thought this post was the most stimulating read over the weekend when I saw it. Just assumed a conversation would ensue and that I would catch up later on, as usual. The "huge bags of feathers" and "two large aluminum type objects" on a field of grass are particularly intriguing. Any other updates, please do post - either here or the official "updates" thread - but with spoiler alerts, as necessary. :up:

thanks - i thought no one even read my post considering it didn't even have any replies. :woot:

those two aluminum/metal things in the field - i want to know what those are. assuming they're some sort of scientific doo-dad that maybe prevents bruce banner from turning into the hulk/keeping him under control? because also, they had the three military hummers and crew on feet move in towards them in that direction. so that's the only thing i can think of what the purpose of them is.

btw, i went by u of t today around 6pm and they were not filming in the same location as friday (outside of convocation hall in the sports field). i saw plenty of trailers parked on the street but couldn't find where they were filming today.

Keep posting man,
you might have not many replies, but check the "view" counter, it'll show you that your post are being noticed
:up:

Or could it be that Banner is trying to cure him self while living in this location where he has these devices he's built? nice...

The aluminum/metal things... since you said there were two of them, my first thought was they had something to do with the Hulk and Abomb.

The aluminum/metal things... since you said there were two of them, my first thought was they had something to do with the Hulk and Abomb.

That is what I first thought but then the report said the metal things were roughly 15ft in height and that is too high for Hulk as he is going to be 9ft.

That is what I first thought but then the report said the metal things were roughly 15ft in height and that is too high for Hulk as he is going to be 9ft.
they lied, this is a sequel to Ang's movie ;) ...that proves it

Good one. lol

It's just that 9-foot square blocks of space wouldn't work very well for two gigantic monsters who could possibly be fighting. But then, why would the military guys be approaching them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"