Go ahead. Hate us.

FlameHead

Avenger
Reaction score
The title of this thread is homage payment to the remark MSJ made when he first posted answers to our questions long ago, when he was refering to the model of the bike which he was sitting next to at the time.

At least 2 of us GR fans recieved a HUGE surprise in the mail this week; a package sent by the man himself, MSJ. He pmed me last week with a birthday greeting and asked for my mailing address. I pmed him back with his request and 5 days later I recieved the following items... and I'm still in shock from it all.

I wasn't going to say anything for fear of lashback or something but decided we've been starving for news lately and you all would appreciate seein' some of this great gear... so enjoy.

First up: Official Crew Gear worn by those involved in the filming.

A sweet T-Shirt, front and back

shirtfront8np.jpg
shirtback1eu.jpg

A Vest and The logo on it.

vest8vg.jpg
vestlogo0md.jpg

A Hat, Front and Back (which has been seen before. I think this was used by Blaze's crew and not so much the movie crew but, I'm not sure)

hatfront0ft.jpg
hatback5mi.jpg

... more to come...

This is probably some of the coolest stuff sent. Obviously, this is promo material used in the movie for Johnny's famous jump. This is the main stuff that I wanted to show as it's something nobody's seen yet.

A Poster

poster5cm.jpg

A program (which has the URL http://www.johnnyblaze.com on it. It is a working link but doesn't have anything exciting on it... yet)

program8uy.jpg

And finally, this is the note he sent along with the package. I post this because it was written on a Ghost Rider notepad. Figured you'd want to see it.

note1vn.jpg

Mark is the coolest cat on earth. Never in my life would I have expected anything like this to happen and I think he is unique in doing so. He respects the fans and this proves it. There is nobody else I would rather have helm this film.

Damn. Just damn. That is damn decent of the man.

That hat would seriously make my year. I go everwhere with a hat, and a Team Blaze hat would just be perfect.

The first shirt's fornt design is great, too.

I liked his daredevil movie while every one else hated it and what do I get nothing.

I didn't get anything for my birthday. :( But congrats.

That is truly awesome. Before this I had nothing but respect for MSJ... and after this, wow. It just goes to a whole new level. That a director would do that for a poster on this board is the epitome of coolness.

MSJ rocks.

I know the guy, i get to see it perhaps tomorrow with my own eyes. These pictures look sweet. I'm envious enough of the statue he also posted pics for. Now i have to pretend to be happy for him tomorrow while containg my envy. lol. i guess he does deserve it though, after all it was his birthday.

Anonymous friend??
LOL

Who says I was gonna let you see it punk?

I Kid, I Kid.

Murdock, indeed MSJ does rock, more and more with each passing day.

WHEELS of FLAME said:
I know the guy, i get to see it perhaps tomorrow with my own eyes. These pictures look sweet. I'm envious enough of the statue he also posted pics for. Now i have to pretend to be happy for him tomorrow while containg my envy. lol. i guess he does deserve it though, after all it was his birthday.

Anonymous friend??
LOL

It was just my birthday too. :mad: Haha...but I am happy for Flamehead he DOES deserve it because he has always been a fantastic guy to me and one of the biggest fans on here.

Heh...i believe im the other culprit in this too :D
i got the same thing as FH only i didnt get that program w/ Cage but i did get a 2nd poster. and of course a personal hand written note by the man himself.

i thought we were just gonna get that plain t-shirt that said Ghost Rider on the back w/ simple lettering...i was wrong. a vest, a hat, 2 posters, and freaking awesome t-shirt w/ a huge a$$ flaming skull on the front w/ "melbourne 05" on the back.
Mark didnt have to do this and it did at the very least cost the company some $$ to actually ship it to us (via FedEx no less!). it was an incredibly cool gesture from a director to do something like this.
mucho gracias Mr. M.S.Johnson!

Man that is sooo cool for the two guys that started the Ghost rider thread and who have been the driving force behind keeping GR threads and trends alive, as MSJ the man is unbelievable. Enjoy the spoils guys

Mark Steven Johnson is now officially #1 in my cool book.
What a decent chap. If he's ever round my way, he's invited in for a cup of tea and a biscuit.

It's nice to get a close-up look at little dressing/prop stuff like that poster and programme. Things you'd probably hardly see in the film, but which have been carefully designed by some hard-working bods.

Biggun and Flamehead, you are two lucky buggers! But, like TP59 says, you do definitely deserve that loot for keeping the board alive and keeping the rest of us all popped for the film.

:eek: ;)

You guys are so sweet... awwwwhh.

BIGGUN said:
Heh...i believe im the other culprit in this too :D
i got the same thing as FH only i didnt get that program w/ Cage but i did get a 2nd poster. and of course a personal hand written note by the man himself.

i thought we were just gonna get that plain t-shirt that said Ghost Rider on the back w/ simple lettering...i was wrong. a vest, a hat, 2 posters, and freaking awesome t-shirt w/ a huge a$$ flaming skull on the front w/ "melbourne 05" on the back.
Mark didnt have to do this and it did at the very least cost the company some $$ to actually ship it to us (via FedEx no less!). it was an incredibly cool gesture from a director to do something like this.
mucho gracias Mr. M.S.Johnson!

A second poster? Were the same thing or 2 different ones? If they're different, be sure to post a pic for the crowd.

FedEx. Couldn't believe it...

RedIsNotBlue said:
It was just my birthday too. :mad: Haha...but I am happy for Flamehead he DOES deserve it because he has always been a fantastic guy to me and one of the biggest fans on here.

ONE of the biggest fans? Wha? I AM the biggest fan. hehe. Hey did I wish you a happy belated yet? I think I did but... again, I wish you one.

You...you...you...*trembles*
c-c-congrRRRatulations!
*forced smile*

FlameHead said:
A second poster? Were the same thing or 2 different ones? If they're different, be sure to post a pic for the crowd.

FedEx. Couldn't believe it...

its just the same poster...think they either ran out of those programs or it was packed like that by accident. im cool w/ it though ....ive been telling my nephew about the movie and he seems pretty excited about it...i might frame it and give it to him for his b-day present.

From an aspiring film maker:

Yeah, MSJ is living proof that in Hollywood most film makers and actors are not as different from other people as some might think. Sure people in hollywood get money and stuff like that, but really- film is a passion. Money just comes with a job. Best part of the job is making people happy, and bringing entertainment for all to enjoy. And when I finally "make it" I'm definitely going to follow MSJ's example of having fan involvement straight from the getgo.

FlameHead said:
ONE of the biggest fans? Wha? I AM the biggest fan. hehe. Hey did I wish you a happy belated yet? I think I did but... again, I wish you one.

Yeah you did already and thanks. And I didn't wanna hurt anyones feelings like Biggun. :ghost:

Yeah, BG is a huge fan. I was only kiddin' around about me bein' the biggest. I'm sure there are bigger die hards out there and BG is one of them that would give me a run for my money. What I love most about BG and I is that he's more of a fan of the original title and me, I'm a fan of the 2nd coming. Together, we make one hell of a ultimate fan.

BIGGUN said:
its just the same poster...think they either ran out of those programs or it was packed like that by accident. im cool w/ it though ....ive been telling my nephew about the movie and he seems pretty excited about it...i might frame it and give it to him for his b-day present.

What an awesome B-Day present that would be. I'm sure he'll love it.

I plan on framin' the poster and stuff for myself as well and then hanging it above my bed so that I can wake to it every day... um, that may be a bit much but...

Triligors said:
From an aspiring film maker:

Yeah, MSJ is living proof that in Hollywood most film makers and actors are not as different from other people as some might think. Sure people in hollywood get money and stuff like that, but really- film is a passion. Money just comes with a job. Best part of the job is making people happy, and bringing entertainment for all to enjoy. And when I finally "make it" I'm definitely going to follow MSJ's example of having fan involvement straight from the getgo.

Indeed, these people are very real as much as it's hard to believe. It's nice to see things like this happening though. It just helps remove that barrier that seems to seperate the famous from the rest of us.

Tril, if ya ever get that big project off the ground and need a dedicated actor to help out, you know where to find me.

FlameHead said:
Yeah, BG is a huge fan. I was only kiddin' around about me bein' the biggest. I'm sure there are bigger die hards out there and BG is one of them that would give me a run for my money. What I love most about BG and I is that he's more of a fan of the original title and me, I'm a fan of the 2nd coming. Together, we make one hell of a ultimate fan.

What an awesome B-Day present that would be. I'm sure he'll love it.

I plan on framin' the poster and stuff for myself as well and then hanging it above my bed so that I can wake to it every day... um, that may be a bit much but...

that sounds like a movie...The Incredible 2 Headed Ultimate Fan
LOL! that reminds me of a really bad 70s b sci fi movie...The Incredible 2 Headed Transplant (i think that what was called). a bigoted white man had his head moved to a large surly black man....hilarity ensues. one bad/funny line is where the black man's girlfriend looks at the 2 headed man and says "so....do you have 2 of ....everything?" lol
anyway thanks for the compliment...its nice to know that after being a fan for about 28 years you get some recognition and some free movie stuff too!
:up:

yeah ive been slowing introducing him to GR for awhile, hes about 12 right now...even gave him a set of those figres from 95 w/ the comic books a few years ago. already showed him the trailer....he got really excited when he saw it. he said he didnt know if he could wait until 7/06...heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"