The Dark Knight Exclusive New TDK Set Report!

I want to see how Catwoman would come in....maybe Christina Ricci? just a thought,...long hair or short hair...just a thought

I don't really know what to think of "Arkham Asylum". It's got great art, and some great elements (the portrayal of The Joker, the flashback stuff with the original Dr. Arkham) but that's all kinda crammed into what seems like a somewhat pedestrian story. And Batman's character just feels totally off.

Still a good story, and I'd recommend it. Not sure if its quite deserving of its "all time classic" status though.

I think it was part of the trend that was fashionable at the time of "deconstructing" Batman. Alan did something a little similar in TKJ, but at least he still portrayed him as well-meaning, in spite of his issues. In AA he´s basically a freak in denial. The story goes a bit too episodic at times, with Batman´s different "encounters". Sometimes it feels like Morrison is more interested in showcasing McKean´s art than moving with the story, not that that´s a bad thing. I loved it at the time cuz I was really in love with dark and gloomy storytelling back then, but I´m more positive these days.

I think it was part of the trend that was fashionable at the time of "deconstructing" Batman. Alan did something a little similar in TKJ, but at least he still portrayed him as well-meaning, in spite of his issues. In AA he´s basically a freak in denial. The story goes a bit too episodic at times, with Batman´s different "encounters". Sometimes it feels like Morrison is more interested in showcasing McKean´s art than moving with the story, not that that´s a bad thing. I loved it at the time cuz I was really in love with dark and gloomy storytelling back then, but I´m more positive these days.
I recently bought AA 2004 re-print and I ahve to say it was worth every penny. PRobably the most interesting part is the script in the back with notes from Morrison. While I agree with Batman's characterisation being off, the levels that story has to it, its just phenomenal.

I recently bought AA 2004 re-print and I ahve to say it was worth every penny. PRobably the most interesting part is the script in the back with notes from Morrison. While I agree with Batman's characterisation being off, the levels that story has to it, its just phenomenal.

It´s definitely a remarkable story in the way it explores AA as a sort of living entity, like the house is a head and everyone inside is like a fever dream.

Yeah I like AA a little, I just couldn't deal with the artwork that much, not a big fan of that style

I would put Riddler in a green polo (with a little ? where the 'guy on the horse' would normally be) and slacks. No hat. No red hair. Some Eye-liner. Make him fashionable (in my re-imagining of Riddler he is an ex-fashion mogul) and make him charismatic. Crazy. yes. Joker-like laugh and mannerisms to make even Michael Jackson flinch. No.
If they ever put the Riddler in this franchise, they should make him look the way he did in the animated series, that was definately the best portrayal of him that I've ever seen. And it's too bad that John Glover is probably too old to play the role, because I always associate his voice with the character.

I read Arkham Asylum again two days ago, and I too feel Batman's character is too far off. Dialogue like "Batman is never afraid" seems terribly forced, and since when does Batman refer to himself in the second person like a spoiled professional athlete? I was also a little disturbed by the strangely homoerotic take on the Joker. The whole thing with him grabbing Batman's ass screamed "Schumacher!" to me ... even though AA came first. The story, though, is fairly compelling. As in, I'll probably read it again.

I want to see how Catwoman would come in....maybe Christina Ricci? just a thought,...long hair or short hair...just a thought

Catwoman probably occupies the same part of my brain that some people devote to PVC or Scientology. I think that she should be portrayed by someone rather more mature and self-assured.

Catwoman probably occupies the same part of my brain that some people devote to PVC or Scientology. I think that she should be portrayed by someone rather more mature and self-assured.
Like, say, Catherine Tate?

I think Rosario Dawson would be a good Catwoman.

As for Arkham Asylum, I thought it was great. I loved Joker discribing his dream.

"In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out."

I think Ricci would make a better Harley, she doesn't really have a feline build. I'm not sure who I would choose, theron probably.

^Too much of a waif IMO. I can't say I have a fav actress for the role but she should be someone who could really play glamour. I always have seen Catwoman as a film noir heroine, some one gorgeous and seductive, but also dark and twisted. I can't say any of the actresses mentioned so far really fit that criteria.

rosario dawson already played miller's pseudo-catwoman in sin city

The girl that just starred in Transformers would be great if she were a little older.

^ I couldn't stand her!!! Her idea of being anyway emotional on film is to open eyes wide and pout. I understand that she's eye candy, but the catwoman's gotta be able to act to.

The girl that just starred in Transformers would be great if she were a little older.
She actually is old enough to play Catwoman, they just made her look younger in the movie.

She's 20, that's nice and legal...wow I sounded super creepy there didn't I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"