Richard Roeper: Thumbs Down

Nobody gives a damn what Roeper thinks anyway.

I doubt I've once agreed with him. I wouldn't dignify his review with my mouse's click.

Gene Siskel was the last great movie critic. Ebert was a horses behind, and Roeper is a tool.

I've always respected Ebert. Roeper is just a guy filling an empty chair.

Yeah, I don't care...
Everytime a movie comes out that I'm interested in, I take to the internet to find out what the average smuck thinks, not some pretentious TV show old-fart. I'm not going into SM3 for the next "Titanic" or "Gone with the Wind", and the reviews from the average smucks on this website gave the movie great reviews. So I'll take their words 1st. Because I'm an average smuck.

If he could compare Venom to the likes of Joel's Freeze and Ivy, just imagine how he'd feel about Vulture. :csad:

( Is this the famous reviewer who didn't care for Spider-Man 1? That happened to be my favorite of the 2 movies.)

I never let critics desuade me from seeing a movie (and likewise, I never let them persuade to see one), so it's not like this affects me, but still...ow...

These critics have their opinions and I will have mine.

Movie critics are just bitter little trolls who have no creativity of their own.

i find myself really agreeing with a lot of the reviews that come out of comingsoon.net and find myself constantly angered that they give Roeper screen time. why? why is he paid to do what he does? it's as if he tosses a coin and says "okay, it landed on tails, i'm going to hate this movie." his reasons make just as much sense. anyway. i only read or listen to Roeper when i need a laugh.

Could care less with what he thinks. He gave X3 a big thumbs up, he lost a lot of credibility with me in my book.

It's too bad (only because I'd love to hear every critic say Spidey 3 rules) but Roeper is a self-aggrandizing toolbag. Doesn't matter what he thinks.

Could care less with what he thinks. He gave X3 a big thumbs up, he lost a lot of credibility with me in my book.

they both did. and as long as you're not a comic fan, X3 was enjoyable fair.

he kinda always does.:o

however, whatever anyone might feel about him, some of his points may be valid.:huh:
Yes...sadly....the whole Harry thing? He really should remember being wealthy...

he kinda always does.:o

however, whatever anyone might feel about him, some of his points may be valid.:huh:

I dont watch Ebert and Roeper, so I wouldnt know.

Maybe he has a point, beats me. But I'm suspicious when he compares Sandman and Venom to Batman and Robin's version of Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy.

Spidey punching through Sandman cant be as bad as "Ice to meet you!" and "Everybody! CHILL!"

the guy tends to be more cynical and nitpicky than Ebert.

Richard Roeper is an idiot...I bet Ebert gave it two thumbs up...Roeper only only likes gay films like Brokeback Mountain.

I could care less what this guy thinks. I can't stand his reviews.

He might be wrong about the movie but I think his comment about Topher is going to be my new sig.

He hated TMNT just for the sake of hating it. :cmad:

He lost me after that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"