Rick Riordan discover another mythology

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
This time it's norse.
It's not a far-fetched thought that the book will have one boy and one girl (perhaps a few more kids/teens) going on adventure together. They have just been told that the gods are real, and even related to them in some way. The end of the world is coming and our young heroes must fulfill a mission to save the day.
I guess they will travel to Norway and/or Iceland along the way.

I like this. Some of you may be fed up with these old gods, but I'm excited. Hopefully we will get good versions of Odin, Thor and Loki. Not like they were in recent blockbuster films though, but different and with a little twist to the characters.
I hope everyone and everything from the old tales will be included/mentioned: Balder, Heimdall, Frey, Freyja, the norns, Yggdrasil, Fenrir, Jormungand, Jotunheim etc

Last edited:
I'm interested to see his spin on Norse Mythology, since I loved the Percy Jackson universe stories.

I'm interested to see his spin on Norse Mythology, since I loved the Percy Jackson universe stories.
Agree

I believe the plot will be about Ragnarök (it has to be) and the Midgard serpent will be part of the destruction.

Hopefully, the characters will have Scandinavian names like Ole, Snorre, Mikkel, Morten, Astrid, Margit, Signe, Anita etc etc

I wonder if Riordan's new lead character would be a son of Thor.

It's kind of a pattern, since Jason Grace and Percy Jackson are related to the Big Three of Greek mythology.

I really enjoy Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series, and his books in the 39 clues series. I have high hopes for his Asgardian series. Maybe they will be the son of Thor or some other powerful Norse Gods or Goddesses? We will have to see.

Will they have a son of Thor and a son of Loki being one of the main feuds in this new series?

Don't forget Kane Chronicles where two siblings used the powers of Isis and Horus. No "main character" was Ra or Set. It doesn't need to be every big god in each adventure.

I think son of Thor/grandson of Odin is the most likely way to go.
But having a son of Loki as the main hero could be an interesting turn.

They say his last name is "not a coincidence". Are they siblings?

That would mean Annabeth's father got a child with Athena before he married a human woman, who in her turn had a child with a norse god. Sounds really unique and strange.
How likely is that?

Annabeth and Magnus are cousins. She even mentioned him toward the end of Blood of Olympus. She said "And my dad's relatives... I haven't thought about them in years. I have an uncle and cousin in Boston." and that she'd never seen them because of some family rivalry.

I'm excited about the new characters that will be introduced in the series.

Sword-of-Summer-Cover.jpg

Doesn't Magnus Chase look like Kurt Cobain?

:whatever:

Oh wow! Look at that sword and the long hair. I'm already wondering who'd look best for a film adaptation.

I think Magus's godly parent is Freyr, as the story protains to the sword and Ragnarok.

I was right in Freyr being Magnus's father. :mnm:

Where do the Norse demigods go, that are alive and not in Vahalla?

There better be a good explaination of what really happened to Leo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"