Rick Springfield's Magnificent Vibration

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
RICK SPRINGFIELD TO PUBLISH DEBUT NOVEL WITH TOUCHSTONE:
New York, May 28, 2013—Grammy award-winning musician, actor, and New York Times bestselling author Rick Springfield will publish his debut novel with Touchstone. Titled Magnificent Vibration and scheduled for publication in May 2014, the novel portrays a hero who has hit a dead end in his life, but who serendipitously receives a 1-800 phone connection to God via an inscription in a mysterious self-help book that may just give him a shot at saving the planet. Magnificent Vibration is a potent tour de force that is by turns hilarious, poignant, spiritual, over-the-top, and deeply meaningful. The announcement was made today by Stacy Creamer, Vice President and Publisher of Touchstone, who will also edit the book.
"The only good grades I ever got in school before I was kicked out were for creative writing," said Rick Springfield. "I thought that fiction might be in my future but then my career took a different path once the Beatles showed me what a blast being in a band could be. Writing my memoir Late, Late at Night reminded me how much I love the craft. So I decided to give fiction a shot again. Magnificent Vibration is the result. I'm still not quite sure where it came from, but once I got going, it practically wrote itself. I've heard writers I admire speak of that phenomenon, so maybe I'm on the right track."
"I knew that Rick is a brilliant, natural-born writer from working with him on his memoir," said Stacy Creamer. "He wrote it himself without the benefit of a ghost. But even that didn't prepare me for this dazzling, daring, wholly unexpected, utterly amazing first novel of his."

Rick Springfield is best known for 17 Top 40 hits including the classic #1 song, "Jessie's Girl," and his role on ABC's hit daytime drama "General Hospital" as Dr. Noah Drake. He has sold more than 25 million records to date. His 2010 memoir, Late, Late at Night, also published by Touchstone, was a New York Times bestseller and was named one of the 25 best rock memoirs of all time by Rolling Stone. Recently, Springfield starred in Dave Grohl's 2013 "Sound City" documentary and on its soundtrack "Sound City: Real to Reel" with his hit single "The Man That Never Was." Springfield also recently appeared on the third season of Showtimes's "Californication" series and in CBS's "Hawaii Five-0" series. His official website, www.rickspringfield.com, is the online home for Springfield's enthusiastic and active fan base.
Stacy Creamer concluded the deal for North American and audio rights with literary agent David Patterson at Foundry Literary + Media acting on behalf of Dana Borowitz and United Talent Agency.
Touchstone is an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc., a part of CBS Corporation. Simon & Schuster is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. For more information visit our website at
www.simonandschuster.com.

rickspringfield-magnificentvibration.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"