Rio 2016, Summer Olympics

tzarinna

Mamochka
Reaction score
There's 37 days until the summer games. I'm not ready.

https://www.olympic.org/rio-2016

I'm looking forward to Michael Phelps, soccer and a ton of other events that I will find it completely impossible to keep up with.

I being a connoisseur of beach volleyball am looking forward to the women's tournament on Copacabana beach.

I'm all about basketball, weightlifting, gymnastics, swimming, and track.

Brazil's a disaster at the moment. These games should be postponed/relocated for the safety of all involved.

I like watching pretty much anything, but the athletics is always my favourite.

It seems they're now realizing that the Olympics in Rio is a bad idea.

We have upcoming World Cups in Russia during an Ultra hooligan revolution, the tropical Qatar for which the entire international football calendar will have to be rearranged around a Winter tournament to accommodate (on the back of what is looking like a very corrupt vote) and an Olympics in a Rio that is about 5 years away from being ready for it. Not even sure who has it worse. :woot:

Brazil's a disaster at the moment. These games should be postponed/relocated for the safety of all involved.

Too late for that. The olympics should be fine but Brazil on the other hand after the olympics will most likely be not.

The only reason I care about the Olympics is how full of **** it all is this year. Teams getting kicked out for doping, the water is basically sewage and they have **** all done to prepare for it.

Oh and olympic bikers got mugged and their fancy bikes stolen in the middle of a tourist section that should have major security for them while everyone is getting infected with the Zika virus.

It sounds like a fun time for all. If the entire city isn't in flames by the third day then I will be disappoint.

I'm track, gymnastics and swimming. Somewhat with basketball to a lesser degree, but basketball is more of a "glorified All Star tournament of NBA Players" now.

For those that follow track and field, American Sanya Richards-Ross will not make it to Rio, thus ending a 12 year track career. HR's Olympic crush from London, Allyson Felix still has a chance to make it. Also, Usain Bolt is hurt. Hell, Bolt is even more rare to Americans than Tennis stars Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Soccer stars Messi and Ronaldo. Bolt hasn't even competed in any American track meets in five years. Had Chicago won 2016, Americans would have had that rare chance to see Bolt live, just like Americans had a rare chance to see Messi live during Copa America a few weeks ago.

Ah well, we got Michael Phelps.

Last edited:
It seems they're now realizing that the Olympics in Rio is a bad idea.

Despite it's issues, Chicago would have been better since we like to go overboard on security for major sporting events.

Draymond Green in Team USA Basketball = Nut Kicks galore!

women's beach volleyball
women's swimming
track n field
wrestling

Is the Russian team still banned? And if so does it just affects athletics?

As awful as Rio might be, it's only going to get worse when NBC unleashes Mary Carillo onto it.

kfhvgjkwgonrcyq6g116.jpg

:facepalm:

Good news for HR and of course....me.

Allyson Felix will be in Rio. She won the Olympic trials.

So, they still haven't cancelled this mess?

Apparently not.

I'm still looking forward to it, though, even with all the crap that's gone on and is still going on. Here's what I look forward to seeing:

- Track and field
- Basketball
- Artistic gymnastics
- Soccer
- Swimming and diving
- Volleyball (indoor and beach)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"