RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first remember him as "pastor" Jim Jones in the telemovie about the Jonestown Massacre. Excellent.

He was just one of those guys who always left a hell of an impression.

Loved Philip Marlowe when I was a kid, and Southern Comfort was nightmare inducing and I loved it. R.I.P., Powers Boothe.

Oh, this one hurt a lot. Soundgarden and that first Audioslave album. A lot of my youth. "Like a Stone" was my favorite song for quite a few months.

R.I.P. to one of the greatest voices we have ever had the privilege to listen to.

Aw man, he was my absolute favorite voice in rock n' roll.

And Powers Boothe had one hell of a speaking voice and presence too. Great actor. This is a rough week. :(

R.I.P Chris.. This is so terrible.

He had a unique voice and was one of my favorite singers :(

Hope he is at peace now...

Totally gutted, been a massive fan from the early days of Soundgarden and Chris was my absolute #1 performer. Seeing him up close and live last yr at an acoustic show here in Belfast was a highlight of my life. Many will remember him for his unique voice, but he was an amazing lyricist too and like many other fans I had hoped there would be many more years worth of new material to enjoy. RIP.

"And on I read until the day was gone;
And I sat in regret of all the things I've done;
For all that I've blessed, and all that I've wronged.
In dreams until my death I will wander on.

In your house I long to be;
Room by room, patiently,
I'll wait for you there like a stone.
I'll wait for you there alone, alone."

Last edited:
My list of celebrities who have died that I actually miss:
George Carlin
Robin Williams
Chris Cornell

Yeah, Soundgarden was one of the groups that turned me on to rock back in the day, as I used to be a strictly hip hop head. RIP to you, bro. That song he did for avengers was the jam.

[YT]9318WhMQr18[/YT]

Last edited:
Yeah, Soundgarden was one of the groups that turned me on to rock back in the day, as I used to be a strictly hip hop head. RIP to you, bro. That song he did for avengers was the jam.

[YT]9318WhMQr18[/YT]
Also Chris had the song Seasons in Man of Steel. :(

Cornell was an excellent voice who sang probably the best 007 theme song. He'll be missed

Did any of you know that Robert Miles passed away 9 days ago? I received that unpleasant surprise today.

geez talk about a yin and yang day.

Cornell's passing appears to have been a suicide. You would like to think that by 52 years old you would have things figured out and be beyond things like suicide and depression, but there really is no age limit for that. Feel terrible for his family especially if it was self-inflicted, and music lost a legendary voice.

Ailes on the other hand, should go down in history as a corrupt media leech who's in large part responsible for the current toxic political environment in this country.

Cornell was an excellent voice who sang probably the best 007 theme song. He'll be missed

quoted for truth I LOVED You Know My Name it is easily in my top 5 all time fave 007 theme songs dammit this sucks.

People in their 50s are like in a weird time in their life. Like you're old enough to get it, but still kind of have that mindset you did back in your 30s.

Now Roger Ailes, basically known as the infamous founder of Fox News, is dead at 77.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/18/media/roger-ailes-dies/

That is unexpected but I doubt there will be a lot of mourning his passing on this site.

geez talk about a yin and yang day.

Cornell's passing appears to have been a suicide. You would like to think that by 52 years old you would have things figured out and be beyond things like suicide and depression, but there really is no age limit for that. Feel terrible for his family especially if it was self-inflicted, and music lost a legendary voice.

Ailes on the other hand, should go down in history as a corrupt media leech who's in large part responsible for the current toxic political environment in this country.
Suicide is not entirely unexpected at 52. There are a lot of reasons someone might want to commit suicide and age rarely factors into them.

It's still speculation at this point and given the sparse details we don't know what led them to think suicide instead of accidental death or natural causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"