RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Nothing within the guidelines to say about Kissinger finally passing.

Shane MacGowan: Pogues singer dies aged 65

The Pogues frontman Shane MacGowan has died aged 65, following a recent hospital stay after being diagnosed with encephalitis.

The singer-songwriter, whose hits include 1987's Fairytale of New York and A Pair of Brown Eyes, had been unwell for some time.

MacGowan also had well-documented problems with drugs and alcohol.

Greatest Christmas song ever written.

RIP

Last edited:
I know her best from The Closer. She was wonderful in that. :(

Norman Lear, Whose Comedies Changed the Face of TV, Is Dead at 101

Norman Lear, the television writer and producer who introduced political and social commentary into situation comedy with “All in the Family” and other shows, proving that it was possible to be topical as well as funny while attracting millions of viewers, died on Tuesday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 101.

Whoa. That's huge. This man pretty much helped define television throughout the 1970s and 80s.

I've heard that laughter is healthy for you. Carl Reiner, Norman Lear, and (still with us) Mel Brooks have all lived long lives and, for those of us who saw their work, I'd like to think we'll all be a little bit older before we leave the world.

Norman Lear Tribute to Air on All Five Broadcast TV Networks Tonight​

“In recognition of Norman Lear’s vast accomplishments and influence across television, CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and The CW will simulcast an on-air in memoriam card tonight at 8:00 pm ET/PT honoring the late legendary TV writer and producer,” the networks announced in a joint statement.

I'm an atheist, but picturing him in hell roasting on a spit next to Hitler and his people, Nixon, Reagan, and Limbaugh comforts me.
IMMA "I don't know WTH is going on", but as horrible people go, as long as they can't do any more damage, I have no feelings about their ongoing pain or suffering. They just don't matter to me. They do, however, provide inspiration to people who actually can wreak havoc.

Anyway, we all go someday; good and bad......As the World Turns

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"