RIP, Jon Schnepp, King of the Sweaties

James T. Kirk

Captain
Reaction score
Didn't really know where to post this but John Campea just said on his Open Mic show that his friend Jon Schnepp, who hosts Collider Heroes on YouTube, is in critical condition. He checked into hospital yesterday because he's been, in his own words, "super sick" for some time.

I don't follow the show but I wish the guy well.

I also dont follow the show, but hope he recovers.

Sad to hear this news. I hope he pulls through.

A true King among Sweaties. I truly wish him the fastest recovery.

Hope he's ok. I met him at Phoenix Comic-Con last year. He was a really cool dude and fun to chat with. I hope he recovers quickly.

Hoping he's recovered in time for the Infinity War extended cut.

I’m really worried. It doesn’t sound good at all. Judging from what Holly and RMB have said, it sounds like Schnepp is on life support. Really hoping he pulls through.

Did he have some sort of severe blood infection or what?

I gotta say this is hitting me harder than a lot of the actual deaths of some well known celebrities recently and he's still in the hospital. Schnepp has been a regular part of my fanboy media diet for a while now and is a welcome presence no matter where he is or what he does. It's also tragic to me to think that a person that's been a part of the media world as a creator and now a commentator would have such financial difficulties from an unexpected medical emergency. He's been involved in show business in some capacity for close to twenty years or more now. Yet his partner has to literally beg strangers to cover medical costs.

Based on some of the more recent comments made by people close to Schnepp, it does look like they know what is wrong with him, but have not disclosed it out of respect for his privacy. The one thing almost all of them are saying is that the situation is not good. I really hope he manages to pull through this, but RMB has said there has been no improvement at all in his condition... Being someone who works in the healthcare industry, the stuff that has been said is extremely worrying.

Last edited:
John Campea's comments today,

EDIT: Sorry, guys. I've tried editing this post several times; the video will not start at the time I want it to. Campea starts talking about Schnepp at the 39m17s mark.

Last edited:
Hope he feels better soon! Heartbreaking to hear he isn't getting better!

I gotta say this is hitting me harder than a lot of the actual deaths of some well known celebrities recently and he's still in the hospital. Schnepp has been a regular part of my fanboy media diet for a while now and is a welcome presence no matter where he is or what he does. It's also tragic to me to think that a person that's been a part of the media world as a creator and now a commentator would have such financial difficulties from an unexpected medical emergency. He's been involved in show business in some capacity for close to twenty years or more now. Yet his partner has to literally beg strangers to cover medical costs.

It is shameful that this country doesn't have free health care.

Anyway, I have no idea who this guy is but I wish him the best.

It is shameful that this country doesn't have free health care.

Anyway, I have no idea who this guy is but I wish him the best.

This really brings home how ****ed up America's system is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"