RIP, Jon Schnepp, King of the Sweaties

I haven't watched Heroes for god knows how long but watching Amy Dallen break down on the show was very upsetting. I've always liked her, whenever Schnepp would go off on some tangent she would often be the counterbalance by being the voice of reason.

She was not her bubbly self today and with good reason. The ones who kept their composures today on both shows were Mark Ellis, Mark Reilly, Kristian Harloff, Perri Nemiroff.

Last edited:
Jeremy Jahns and Jason Inman were able to keep their composure on Heroes

The Collider Crew have been this tight little nucleus for a while now when you think about it. This is essentially a small business in how it operates. They go to the same offices five days a week very much like a nine to five. But then they HAVE to socialize outside of the studio/office by going out and watching films together or binging streaming shows etc. Then what do you do when you finish that? "Hey, wanna get a bite to eat before hitting the sack?" This is going to create intimate bonds in a short period of time.

Here's what I will say as I look at the reaction to this death. It reminds me of the passing of my father. When he died we held his funereal at the Catholic Church in Brooklyn called St. Michaels. It's a good mid sized church in Sunset Park. We filled up one whole side of the pews just friends and family. Endless people came up to me telling me stories of how my father had meant something to them or had done something for them, often times stuff I had zero knowledge about. "If it wasn't for your dad helping me out I wouldn't have a roof over my head." "Your dad got me the job I got now." "Your dad was the one that helped me when no one else would." It was overwhelming. When a person like that leaves us there are just ripples, an echo in the fabric of humanity that can materialize in the reaction of the people around them. It's obvious Schnepp was that kind of person by the way he's being remembered not just by intimates like the others at Collider but by the fan community as well.

A further Collider tribute video....

[YT]Tfh5mHyR-BM[/YT]

Even when Schnepp was around Collider has gone downhill steadily.

The thread title needs to be changed to something like, "RIP, Jon Schnepp, King of the Sweaties"

For those on desk top click on my sig bellow to hear me and my podcast crew talks about Schnepp and what he meant to us and the community.

I like it. Changed :up:

A shame SuperheroHype/CraveOnline couldn't spend time and space on their ad-infested website to write up a news article reporting on his death, let alone give him respect and condolences to his family and Collider....I guess there's no revenue in doing so.

A shame SuperheroHype/CraveOnline couldn't spend time and space on their ad-infested website to write up a news article reporting on his death, let alone give him respect and condolences to his family and Collider....I guess there's no revenue in doing so.

That is way above my pay grade amigo. I mod the site, I don't contribute to the main page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"