RIP Tony Scott...

Thank you for....almost everything you did. My tops lists still include Top Gun, Days of Thunder, Crimson Tide, and Spy Game.

Tony was a huge influence on the top action directors out there today. We just lost an unsung legend.

He directed some kick-ass flicks. RIP Tony.

RIP Tony.

My heart goes out to Ridley and the rest of the Scott family.

Last that I heard he was pretty hyped up about the TG sequel as well as including Cruise in some form. Whatever he was dealing with though, I don't know.

Still cant believe this news, totally shocking, a very good film-maker, RIP.

This news was totally crazy to me. I guess you never really know what's going on in people's lives despite their apparent success and stuff.

Sad news. He was one of the best mainstream directors in Hollywood.

Sad for the rest of the Scott family including directors Ridley, Jake and Jordan Scott.

Just deleted a couple of posts in here, so a reminder: please use this thread to share your condolences about Tony Scott, not share whatever your point of view happens to be about suicide. Thank you.

I just heard this on the radio, man what a sad way to go.

Man, this is sad news. He directed some really great movies that I'll always like, and remember. My best wishes, and condolences to Ridley, and the rest of the Scott family. Thanks for all the great memories your films have given me, RIP Tony.

Holy this is shocking news. Very sad, rip tony

That's pretty damn shocking. I feel terrible for his family. He made some really entertaining pictures.

I was shocked when I read the news. I feel terrible for his famliy.

Last edited:
It's a shame his version of The Warriors never came to fruition. I imagine it would've been quite something.

Potzdahmer Platz had the best potential. Jason Statham and Mickey Rourke as a pair of hitmen going up against Javier Bardem's cartel leader. With supporting roles by Christopher Walken and Gene Hackman coming out of retirement.

I read the rumor that he had terminal brain cancer but another has come out where his wife says its untrue.

Whatever the case may be, its still a sad situation all around especially for his wife and sons that he left behind.

Bloomberg just did a piece on him saying that unlike his brother, he never won any Oscars and was in his shadow. So they ain't the only ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"