Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

Here's another question.

Armani?

5c521ede5241472df94705a3.jpg

Or Gucci?

4dd2e10df65ee3e72d548cc7f8fc99ac.jpg

Do you prefer Bruce Wayne to have European influences, or "American Old Money"? This spreads to the look of Wayne Manor, the history of Wayne Industries, etc too.

Another possibility for Pattinson, which would be a novel and bold take and uniquely suited for him (given he is a vampire), would be go full on avant-garde style. Take inspiration from the goth ninja look, almost like his Batman persona is bleeding into his Bruce Wayne persona. Pattinson's pale complexion and sharp features lend to this style incredibly well. I'd love to see a stylized, gothic Wayne Manor and Gotham City as well ala Burton.

This is exactly the Bruce Wayne I want to see. The hair, the fashion, the distant look in his eyes. I'm down to see a Wayne who's a little bit edgier, for lack of a better term. And more in the Keaton way than the Affleck way please.

Actor-Robert-Pattinson-poses-for-th.jpg
That super gothic look would work in a stylized Gotham City, something Tim Burton or Guillermo del Toro would make. But Reeves doesn't really strike me as being that type.

If this Bruce is a businessman, I'd be really curious to see Pattinson dressed in clothes like the ones Affleck had in BvS

If he's a playboy.... call Pattinson's buddies, Dior. images (79).jpeg images (78).jpeg images (77).jpeg

Perfect mix of classic and modern. Recognizable but new.

Here's another question.

Armani?

5c521ede5241472df94705a3.jpg

Or Gucci?

4dd2e10df65ee3e72d548cc7f8fc99ac.jpg

Do you prefer Bruce Wayne to have European influences, or "American Old Money"? This spreads to the look of Wayne Manor, the history of Wayne Industries, etc too.

Another possibility for Pattinson, which would be a novel and bold take and uniquely suited for him (given he is a vampire), would be go full on avant-garde style. Take inspiration from the goth ninja look, almost like his Batman persona is bleeding into his Bruce Wayne persona. Pattinson's pale complexion and sharp features lend to this style incredibly well. I'd love to see a stylized, gothic Wayne Manor and Gotham City as well ala Burton.

This is exactly the Bruce Wayne I want to see. The hair, the fashion, the distant look in his eyes. I'm down to see a Wayne who's a little bit edgier, for lack of a better term. And more in the Keaton way than the Affleck way please.

Actor-Robert-Pattinson-poses-for-th.jpg

I think it is time to step away from the Italian designers and go bespoke American, i.e. handcut by a real tailor. Bespoke is seeing a resurgence due to greater knowledge about tailoring thanks to the internet. Bespoke is a real sign of old money, class and taste.

Either Leonard Logsdail or Joseph Genuardi from New York would be good fits. Both have done film and tv work (the former cut suits for Denzel for American Gangster, Leo for Wolf of Wall Street, and Michael Douglas for Wall Street) (the latter worked on the tailoring for Boardwalk Empire).

Leonard Logsdail Bespoke Tailors
leonard-logsdail-suit-michael-douglas.jpg

GENUARDI TAILOR
genuardi_navy.jpg

I think it is time to step away from the Italian designers and go bespoke American, i.e. handcut by a real tailor. Bespoke is seeing a resurgence due to greater knowledge about tailoring thanks to the internet. Bespoke is a real sign of old money, class and taste.

Either Leonard Logsdail or Joseph Genuardi from New York would be good fits. Both have done film and tv work (the former cut suits for Denzel for American Gangster, Leo for Wolf of Wall Street, and Michael Douglas for Wall Street) (the latter worked on the tailoring for Boardwalk Empire).

Leonard Logsdail Bespoke Tailors
leonard-logsdail-suit-michael-douglas.jpg

GENUARDI TAILOR
genuardi_navy.jpg

It'd be interesting to see him in clothes like that, combined with a Brian Bolland Bruce Wayne hairstyle. He's never quite rocked a look like that before, and that combined with a tan and physical transformation shall really transform him into Bruce Wayne

I think he will be solid. The more I see his photos on here the more I think he will nail the character and give a very immersive, unique yet accurate portrayal of Bruce Wayne. The man is a very good actor. I wonder what kind of fight training they will make him do since he reportedly won’t be at his prime quite yet.

He might be, he might not. All we really know is that Bruce will be younger again. That could mean physical prime or first three years, we just need more info first.

Daddy Reeves pls

dude is a sex symbol, Reeves will do his thing and it will crack a billion

Especially if they get some ace support actors

Looking at that second picture I totally see Bruce Wayne there. I'm really pumped for this movie!

I'm sure this has been said many times before but Heath Ledger once seemed a strange casting as the Joker...... give Pattinson a chance, I think he's capable of delivering a dark, brooding Batman - which is what Batman is all about.

Saw Lighthouse and Robert Pattinson was just great. He has all that he needs for the role ( The movie in itself was very good, now i wouldnt call it a masterpiece : immersive in the first hour, then it begin to be a little repetitive, and a little boring. See it anyways, its a unique movie )

Last edited:
It just feels like we are returning to familiar ground, and I’m bitter about it. We’ve seen the early years of Batman. What’s this going to bring to the table that we haven’t seen? It smacks of a production company that wants to cash in by safely repeating an origin story, and until they show me something... I’m not super interested.
Certainly this casting choice doesn’t excite me. I’m certainly open to being proven wrong, but it feels quite derivative.

It just feels like we are returning to familiar ground, and I’m bitter about it. We’ve seen the early years of Batman. What’s this going to bring to the table that we haven’t seen? It smacks of a production company that wants to cash in by safely repeating an origin story, and until they show me something... I’m not super interested.
Certainly this casting choice doesn’t excite me. I’m certainly open to being proven wrong, but it feels quite derivative.

This movie isn't an origin story.

Also, we've seen old Batman 2 times in a row with Bale in TDKR and Affleck, heck, even recently with Iain Glen in Titans and Conroy in CW. I'd argue that this past decade we've seen more of Old Batman than young Batman.

Canonically Bruce was in his mid 20s at his start. Rob is already older than Bale was in his debut, though could pass off as younger.

BB covered Y1, and the sequels were ostensibly “peak year” and “retiring year”. And the Burton/Schumacher era felt mid-career.

So nah, I don’t think we’ve had an overload of young Bats at all. Arguably we haven’t had enough.

Because there isn't much in the comics about Bruce becoming Batman and his first years, I don't mind seeing it again in the movie. I just hope the movie is set in present days.

Canonically Bruce was in his mid 20s at his start. Rob is already older than Bale was in his debut, though could pass off as younger.

BB covered Y1, and the sequels were ostensibly “peak year” and “retiring year”. And the Burton/Schumacher era felt mid-career.

So nah, I don’t think we’ve had an overload of young Bats at all. Arguably we haven’t had enough.
BB and TDK were in his first year. He was a rookie in both. Then he retired as a rookie at the end of TDK. He comes out of retirement in TDKR, to then retire again at the end. There was no "peak year" in TDKT. It went straight from rookie to retiree in the trilogy.

So basically, the last trilogy was all about a rookie Batman. I don't know why anyone would want to retread on that again when it was literally an entire trilogy worth? We don't need rookie Batman, and we don't need elderly Batman. Just switch it up, and give us peak year Batman.

I'm sure this has been said many times before but Heath Ledger once seemed a strange casting as the Joker...... give Pattinson a chance, I think he's capable of delivering a dark, brooding Batman - which is what Batman is all about.

Mark this post if you like:

Pattinson will be regarded as highly as Batman as Ledger was as The Joker. He’ll take what’s gone before him (especially Bale) and build on those performances. In five years everyone will consider him the best live action Batman. I feel it in my old bones.

BB and TDK were in his first year. He was a rookie in both. Then he retired as a rookie at the end of TDK. He comes out of retirement in TDKR, to then retire again at the end. There was no "peak year" in TDKT. It went straight from rookie to retiree in the trilogy.

So basically, the last trilogy was all about a rookie Batman. I don't know why anyone would want to retread on that again when it was literally an entire trilogy worth? We don't need rookie Batman, and we don't need elderly Batman. Just switch it up, and give us peak year Batman.
Peak is relative. In Bale’s short career, TDK was his prime.

He is an established entity in the crime world, the cops tacitly approved his vigilantism, partners outside of Alfred lend their assistance, arsenal for his war on crime is feature-complete, and he had moved beyond handling thugs at the ground level. For all intents and purposes those are the prime years of Bale’s crimefighting. There’s nothing more significant to add onto that resume beyond more of his rogues gallery (or extend the bat-family, which wasn’t gonna happen anyway).

I’d hardly even count BB because half of that film was devoted to Bruce Wayne and the events leading to the creation of Batman. It’s only the third act which covers his adventures under the suit.

If peak-year Batman can only be defined by an established and growing rogues gallery, it’s not much of a difference beyond what we’ve already seen on film, no? I’m curious what particular aspects are unique to this period of his career which is so yearned for and supposedly unseen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"