Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

I too, always felt like Ben's body was touched up. It didn't look natural. But one of the crew members did say this, so... Not sure what to believe in :hmm

b-richardredlefsen-all-ben-no-cgi-he-worked-very-herd-6648656.png

I think we're just conditioned to see certain actors not bulked up. Like with Chris Pratt we know he can go back and forth like a mother****er so it's no shock.

I too, always felt like Ben's body was touched up. It didn't look natural. But one of the crew members did say this, so... Not sure what to believe in :hmm

b-richardredlefsen-all-ben-no-cgi-he-worked-very-herd-6648656.png
If there was no CGI in that shot they'd probably have some behind the scenes footage of it. Which they don't, or at least I haven't found any.

Kinda hoping Rob goes the Hugh Jackman route instead of the Christian Bale one and gets progressively bigger with each film:
CVJnAfk.jpg

Whatever shape he ends up with for this movie, it'll probably be a bit more jacked than the one that Jackman had for the first X-Men anyway.

Ben was definitely in good shape (as illustrated below), but he probably wasn't as ripped as Snyder wanted him to be. I'd say his physique in BvS is 75% him and 25% CG.

ed0830729e4da80f628b504f58da9e02.jpg

Affleck taking the **** for Jay/Silent Bob Reboot was the best thing he's done since Argo and the most rewarding part of Smith's new film.

Kinda hoping Rob goes the Hugh Jackman route instead of the Christian Bale one and gets progressively bigger with each film:
CVJnAfk.jpg

Whatever shape he ends up with for this movie, it'll probably be a bit more jacked than the one that Jackman had for the first X-Men anyway.
They could do this. Seeing as it's a young Batman, it makes sense he'd start smaller and slowly bulk up as he becomes more driven and hardened by Gotham

Ben was definitely in good shape (as illustrated below), but he probably wasn't as ripped as Snyder wanted him to be. I'd say his physique in BvS is 75% him and 25% CG.

That is true, Affleck did train for the role and he was in better than usual shape for BvS , but he did not undergo a "dramatic" or "drastic" transformation as some suggested on the last page, which was my primary point. His final appearance on the screen had a lot of help.

That is true, Affleck did train for the role and he was in better than usual shape for BvS , but he did not undergo a "dramatic" or "drastic" transformation as some suggested on the last page, which was my primary point. His final appearance on the screen had a lot of help.
Bull. Ben went through a very dramatic change. You can literally go back and view the paparazzi pics of how he changed lol.

They could do this. Seeing as it's a young Batman, it makes sense he'd start smaller and slowly bulk up as he becomes more driven and hardened by Gotham

The opposite can also be true. Batmen sheds some pounds as he gets older to put less stress on his knees.

Hmm. I wouldn't say that his final appearance had a lot of help. Apart from some touching up to the abdominal muscles, specifically the rectus abdominis and the obliques, what we see in the film is pretty much him.

Yeah, everyone thinks that Ben Affleck didn't work out and he looked bloated and fat, which is wrong.. actually he was not that big either. He just has naturally big body frame.

13418856-1030631957019079-4860300646604665741-n-pngoh0fa9d4ba771.png

batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-bruce-wayne-vest-850x1300.jpg

That horrible padded suit made him look fat. If they actually sculpted the suit after Atfleck's body with less padding he'd have looked great. Lean and mean even.

Bull. Ben went through a very dramatic change. You can literally go back and view the paparazzi pics of how he changed lol.
Dude. I was here every step of the way then looking at all of those paparazzi pics as they came out. It was not that dramatic of a change. Here is Ben in August 2013 when he was announced as joining the film in his regular shape at the time:
ben-affleck-jennifer-garner-family-farmers-market-trip-01.jpg

ben-affleck-jennifer-garner-family-farmers-market-trip-26.jpg

Here he is a year later during principal photography in June 2014:
ben-affleck-bulked-up-for-batman-02.jpg

spl757612_017.jpg

Accounting for posture and more fitted clothes, it's not a "drastic" or "dramatic" difference. He got in better shape for the role, but it was in nowhere the same league of transformation as Jackman, Bale, Evans, Hemsworth, or Cavill.

Last edited:
Yeah, everyone thinks that Ben Affleck didn't work out and he looked bloated and fat, which is wrong.. actually he was not that big either. He just has naturally big body frame.
No, the bloated and fat look only really came along with Justice League and his unfortunate relapse into alcoholism. He was in decent shape for Batman v Superman, but he was already in pretty decent shape at that time anyways. It just wasn't a huge improvement on his norm or some sort of major transformation for the role.

The opposite can also be true. Batmen sheds some pounds as he gets older to put less stress on his knees.
This is actual logic. This is what beyond 30 pro athletes typically do ...

Affleck didn’t get in dramatically better shape.

He still had his infamous gyno bish tittties, and it was reported that filming the shirtless scenes that he was flabby and had to be touched up.

The CGI enhancement of his body in those scenes is beyond obvious

This is actual logic. This is what beyond 30 pro athletes typically do ...

Affleck didn’t get in dramatically better shape.

He still had his infamous gyno bish tittties, and it was reported that filming the shirtless scenes that he was flabby and had to be touched up.

The CGI enhancement of his body in those scenes is beyond obvious

He was not flabby during BvS shooting (look at pics posted above by DKDetective) but I agree that they did add some CGI muscles in that shirtless scene.

No, the bloated and fat look only really came along with Justice League and his unfortunate relapse into alcoholism. He was in decent shape for Batman v Superman, but he was already in pretty decent shape at that time anyways. It just wasn't a huge improvement on his norm or some sort of major transformation for the role.
I'm curious. What do you think about Pattinson's progress so far? What little we've seen of it.

He seems a bit more... defined in this interview filmed roughly a month and a half ago.

And this was him a couple of weeks later, last month:
Screenshot_20191211-205139-1.jpg
He seems in better shape than he had in The Lighthouse. Though it's hard to gauge him compared to Bale in TDK/TDKR and who knows how much progress he did in this month.

He was not flabby during BvS shooting (look at pics posted above by DKDetective) but I agree that they did add some CGI muscles in that shirtless scene.
Tight shirt hides it ... he’s got bulk but Affleck’s physique is always awkward. He has NO lower body at all. And yes he’s flabby. It’s known he has bad man boobs. It was reported and his body was obviously hilariously CGI-ed

I'm curious. What do you think about Pattinson's progress so far? What little we've seen of it.

He seems in better shape than he had in The Lighthouse. Though it's hard to gauge him compared to Bale in TDK/TDKR and who knows how much progress he did in this month.

Honestly, it's pretty hard to tell given Pattinson's baggy winter clothing. Sadly, he is not constantly being snapped at California gas stations and pizza places in fitted tees and jeans every week to give us a detailed log of his process (or lack thereof). To be honest, I wish Pattinson was obviously carrying around a bit more obvious mass right now, but he is generally in good shape and he is looking a bit wider than usual. Pattinson's traps are looking more developed, which suggests he might be in better shape than his size alone shows. If I had to guess, I would say that we are looking at Bale in TDKR sort of shape (right now at least):
098fclipdle01.jpg

201410150000481.jpg

We’re talking about men’s physiques again, huh?

*generic pride music plays faintly in the distance*
Perfect timing, when terry popped on the last page to poke fun at our "constant heterosexual comparison of men's bodies", I was thinking he just needed some Sawyer or Pink Ranger involvement to push the topic into more exciting areas for him... :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"