Robert Plant turns down 100 Million Euro offer for Led Zeppelin World Tour

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
Story Here.

Mirror[/URL] is reporting that Robert Plant has turned down a £100 million offer for the band to take on a world tour in order to - get this – concentrate on his bluegrass project with Alison Krauss.

The offer was an astronomical £100 million for each of the three remaining members – Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones - to reform and tour North America and Europe. This is bad news for Page and Jones, considering they were up for it.

A source close to the band said: "Despite the enormous offer, the decision did not come down to money. They always said they would do the one-off show and then see how they felt.

"Jimmy had enjoyed the concert in December enough to want to tour. He argued they still had something to offer. He likes the idea of another chapter in the band - the grown-up tour. John sided with Jimmy. He loved making music with the others again.

"But Robert wanted to leave last year's concert as their legacy. They had proved they could still do it and that was enough. He has other commitments and is happier looking forward to those. Robert put the mockers on the tour."

Perhaps Plant is simply holding out for the billion-dollar offer that was made to and rejected by Abba a few years back. That or the dude just loves his bluegrass too much.

Kinda sucks though, since the other two were up for it. But I can see where he's coming from, it wouldn't be the same ever again.

Robert Plant has turned down a £100 million offer for the band to take on a world tour in order to - get this – concentrate on his bluegrass project with Alison Krauss.

Hahaha, oh, to be a rich man.

Translation: He's banging Alison Krauss :o

geez. man. people just need to back off of plant. he's made it obvious time and again he wants to do his thing with allison karuss. once he finishes that up, then offers like this should be made. he'd be far more open to it.

but yeah, i hope a tour happens.

I hope a tour happens too . . . after his bluegrass project :down

still . . . these guys aren't getting any younger :(

On the plus side, that CD with Alison Krauss is pretty good...

Can't blame Plant for wanting to pursue the avenues that his musical passions currently reside in. As a musician, I can certainly respect and understand that sentiment. I wouldn't say "never" to a Led Zep tour, though. Once he wraps things up with Krauss, he may be more open to the idea, particularly if Jimmy and Jones are bugging him to do it. He's got more money than he could hope to spend, so it's going to be about what's in it for him artistically first and foremost.

jag

That was mentioned in the article.

Y'know up until maybe 5 minutes ago I never really listened to Led Zep. :(

I've got them on Pandora right now.

To tell you the truth I don't think we'll ever see a reunion tour. People grow up and move on Plant is obviously happy with the other avenues of his life. They used to put on one of the most energetic shows in their heyday it is possible he doesn't feel he has the energy anymore for a tour schedule were intense performances are expected. I don't blame him he's at a different stage in music now and feels that the legacy is best left alone as opposed to being tarnished by a tour that he won't truly have his heart in.

I'm guessing Pandora is a downloading site. Depending on if the songs are done downloading or not, do you like them?

who cares. stairway to heaven was a decent song the first 5 times i heard it. same with a lot of their stuff

I'm guessing Pandora is a downloading site. Depending on if the songs are done downloading or not, do you like them?

It's free radio...Pandora.com...and I like them so far. Stairway, was excellent. I'm gonna crawl just played...I like. I'm listening to one of their songs that starts off, "Hey, hey mama...", but I don't know the title of this one.

Kashmir is ass-kicking. I've heard the instrumental before, obviously, but had no idea it was Zep.

It's free radio...Pandora.com...and I like them so far. Stairway, was excellent. I'm gonna crawl just played...I like. I'm listening to one of their songs that starts off, "Hey, hey mama...", but I don't know the title of this one.

Kashmir is ass-kicking. I've heard the instrumental before, obviously, but had no idea it was Zep.

The song that starts off with "Hey, hey mama.." is Blackdog.

Kashmir is damn good like most of their songs, it's just a damn shame Puff Daddy had to sample it for that lame ass song on the Godzilla soundtrack.:csad:

:csad:
You're a late bloomer, son. But at least you've started listening to them now. It's your Stairway to Heaven. :up:

What, the F***?
And that's exactly what I blurted out when Simon Cowell said he's never heard of Heart or any of their songs. How can that man be in the music business and not know who Heart is. That is so effing wrong! B****!

The song that starts off with "Hey, hey mama.." is Blackdog.

Kashmir is damn good like most of their songs, it's just a damn shame Puff Daddy had to sample it for that lame ass song on the Godzilla soundtrack.:csad:

Thank you kindly for that!

I've heard Kashmir (Instrumental) before...some movie, can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure it wasn't Crap Daddy!

You're a late bloomer, son. But at least you've started listening to them now. It's your Stairway to Heaven. :up:

I think it's because I used to get them confused with Def Leppard. :csad: :csad: :csad:

Am I going to be lynched?

[YT]K922jkDXTR4[/YT]

And that's exactly what I blurted out when Simon Cowell said he's never heard of Heart or any of their songs. How can that man be in the music business and not know who Heart is. That is so effing wrong! B****!

I said the same thing with Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"