Robocop 4 Ever?

Dangerous

Avenger
Reaction score
I heard recently that an online petition put together by fans and sent off to MGM in a bid to resurrect the Robocop franchise, ended up being brought to the attention of Paul Verhoeven.

Can anyone substantiate this?

Robocop is my 5th fav film ever and it would be beyond cool if they ever made another film but did it right, not like Robocop3.

Do you think we will ever see the day?

they should make robocop more like kusanagi from ghost in the shell. the stiff movements agitate me.

The first Robocop is a good movie. Verhoven is not a director that tends to inject much in the way of substance in his films...but he got lucky in Robocop I think.
The sequels left a lot to be desired. Robocop 2 had some entertaining, intense action, but it was a bit brainless..and Robocop 3...well, even the action was bad. Robot Ninjas?...let's leave it at that.
Does this story really have any more gas?

Most of the Robocop heat was killed off by the really really really really bad tv series. The second Robocop etc. etc.

Dead or Alive you're coming with me ... he didn't know it was the junk heap.

RIP Robocopper.

Most of the Robocop heat was killed off by the really really really really bad tv series. The second Robocop etc. etc.

Dead or Alive you're coming with me ... he didn't know it was the junk heap.

RIP Robocopper.

The first Robocop was AWESOME! The sequels were horrible. Although...I'll confess that as a child I used to love them! :(

Peter Weller resurrected his career as Christopher Henderson on 24 last season. Maybe a new video game could at least spark some interest, the Alien franchise has two games coming out in a few years.

Frank Miller movies have a decent following, what was his comic book series like?

uhhhh.... you do realize that this is what is going to murder us all in the future?

robot.jpg

Catman said:
The first Robocop was AWESOME! The sequels were horrible. Although...I'll confess that as a child I used to love them! :(

Robocop is one of the absolute greatest action sci fi's films ever.
Robocop 2 is good.
Robocop 3 is utter crap.

slinger said:
Frank Miller movies have a decent following, what was his comic book series like?

It was his original screenplay for Robocop 2.
It would have been amazing if it was made into the film, but the studio said it was unfilmable, so got re edited loads and we end up a compromised version of Millers Robocop 2 as the end film.

The collected mini series comes out as a trade in jan 07 and sounds very cool.

Here's more-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Miller's_RoboCop

Robocop sucks.

Only the first movie is good, and I didn't even like it THAT much.

heypapajinx said:
uhhhh.... you do realize that this is what is going to murder us all in the future?

robot.jpg

Actually..in the past. Robcop was written in the mid-eighties, and it was set in the late 90's. I'm pretty sure the book was set in 97....which makes it even funnier.

If they were to make another robocop movie, I'd want try something different, Robocop is not a mech movie, it was never about fighting other robots. It was more about humanity and it was a cop story. I would love for Robocop to go back to it's roots, and have far more subtle satire. Let's see a cop story again, forget all this crap about OCP, "NEW DRUGS!", just amke it mroe simple with some good action, and people will appriciate it. I think the problem is this idea that they cna outdo the original.

Wrong it was just set in the not too distant future.
Which could actually mean anything.

The first one is a classic, the end fight and the villain were cool in the second and the 3rd was one of the worse movies of all time. Did I mention the awful cartoon and T.V series. Let Robo die, I love him too much to see another awful movie or show about him.

Dangerous said:
Robocop is one of the absolute greatest action sci fi's films ever.
Robocop 2 is good.
Robocop 3 is utter crap.

Robocop 2 + 3 are utter crap!

It was his original screenplay for Robocop 2.
It would have been amazing if it was made into the film, but the studio said it was unfilmable, so got re edited loads and we end up a compromised version of Millers Robocop 2 as the end film.

The collected mini series comes out as a trade in jan 07 and sounds very cool.

Here's more-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Miller's_RoboCop
Today 10:38 AM

Frank Miller's experience with Robocop was the reason he didn't work in Hollywood again for the next 15 years.

RoboCop + remake = :up: :up: ...

...IMHO anyways. I think R4 IS a RC remake anyways. Or it will end up that way. Think of the possibilities though with all of the new technology and etc.

CAH

Robocop was released 20 years ago. And, most people don't even remember the sequels since they were so bad. I'm sure a remake would kick ass!

co2 said:
The first Robocop is a good movie. Verhoven is not a director that tends to inject much in the way of substance in his films...but he got lucky in Robocop I think.

Sorry, I have to dispute this. Verhoeven deliberately makes films that are superficially empty headed.

the first robocop was awesome. 2 was good because it still kept the humanity [art of robocop. .3 was just plain crap.

I say NO to Robocop 4. Robocop 1 is classic, Robocops 2 and 3 are awful. I say let the poor cyborg rest in peace.

co2 said:
Actually..in the past. Robcop was written in the mid-eighties, and it was set in the late 90's. I'm pretty sure the book was set in 97....which makes it even funnier.
and do you for some reason think that means that we CAN'T be killed by these things!?:cmad:

They better revamp Robo for a remake.
No more of that stiffness.

Kevin Roegele said:
Sorry, I have to dispute this. Verhoeven deliberately makes films that are superficially empty headed.

So you are saying Robocop was his closest thing to a failure? lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"