Rocky 6

the story will be emotional but i mean come n. the original is 30 years old and while its a classic...i mean...rocky 3 4 5 were too much even though i enjoyed em. what part of the storyis left to tell. hes gone from low to highto even lower then before. this is the movie in a nutshell.

INT. PAULIE APARTMENT-NIGHT

Rocky walks in, and rests his cane agains the door. Paulie sits infrontof the tv, watching the game show network, gasping into his oxygen tank and quickly sips from his flask.

PAULIE
40 years you been coming in to this door...you aint ever done nothign for me!

he gets up and grabs the baseball bat and goes to smash something but hurt his hip. a pathetic sight. you feel bad. rocky helps him up.

ROCKY
Look i miss addriane too but we have to move on.

PAULIE
Oh i know...i miss it too...that big great house...those fancy cars

rockyjr. ppears at the door, in his big expensive business suit.

ROCKY JR
Dad! i need you to beatup another guy trying to sue me!

ROCKY
Oh, Ohkee kid.

rocky jr. leaves

ROCKY
Look paulie i know the answer. i may be 70 years old, on social security, but i can still hit that meat good. i hink i it in me for one more fight. fights the answer.

PAULIE
rocko-that was bicentenial when you beat creed! 30 years ago

ROCKY
Micky the 5th thinks he can train me before he dies-

que rocky musis as he trains-
motage of rocky training
-curls a .00001 pound dumbell
-he looks to b climbing a mountain...pan back to see its a tiny step.
-runs up a set of steps-but panback to see itsnot the big philidelphia steps hes famous for, just his front stoop steps.

then were at the fight.rocky goes to punch the guy but had a heartattack from using so much force at once.

paulie cries

ROCKY! ROCKY!ROOOCKKY! ROCKY!

He grabs some guy grabing him and slaps him, and says hey your breaking the jacket *****!

rocky jr. runs from big guys trying to sue him. the end.

seriously i think this movie will suck.

This is the one time that I think you're WAY OFF Excel. The film will probably be made for $25m or so, and the character of Rocky Balboa is very well liked and popular, and most people that are fans of Stallone and the character will be excited to see this great character on screen again. People are attracted to an underdog, or a character that defies the odds. It will have no problem making cash. Rocky V was not the best send-off for this character, and I for one am glad he's doing a "George Forman" type comeback with the character Stallone created 30 years ago.

Of course it has to be a good film, and with Clubber Lang (Mr. T) coming back as a commentator, Burt Young (Paulie), Sage Stallone (Robert Balboa), as well as Talia Shire (Adrian) and Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) coming back for flashbacks, I think it has promise.

The script itself also looks pretty good. Why are people so ready to dismiss another film in a franshise when they don't complain about Bond, Star Wars, Batman, Superman, and others?

On character recognition alone it'll make money. I just hope that it's worth seeing.
But, when it comes down to it, I really think the only great Rocky movie out there was the first one. The others were just mindless fun (some of them anyways).

Sylvester Stallone is my favorite actor so I wil see it. Even though people really dont consider him an actor.

Milkman95 said:
This is the one time that I think you're WAY OFF Excel. The film will probably be made for $25m or so, and the character of Rocky Balboa is very well liked and popular, and most people that are fans of Stallone and the character will be excited to see this great character on screen again. People are attracted to an underdog, or a character that defies the odds. It will have no problem making cash. Rocky V was not the best send-off for this character, and I for one am glad he's doing a "George Forman" type comeback with the character Stallone created 30 years ago.

Of course it has to be a good film, and with Clubber Lang (Mr. T) coming back as a commentator, Burt Young (Paulie), Sage Stallone (Robert Balboa), as well as Talia Shire (Adrian) and Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) coming back for flashbacks, I think it has promise.

The script itself also looks pretty good. Why are people so ready to dismiss another film in a franshise when they don't complain about Bond, Star Wars, Batman, Superman, and others?

i just think it might be too late. you have to remembe,r like isaid above, the first foilm-ROCKY was a huge hit 30 years go all the way back when america was just turning 200. its lost more and more appeal with every movie. that with the fact that stallone isnt even a list anymore(when is the last time he had a hit)... it could be good, but im a huge fan of rocky, and i cant really picture him around today. i mean yeah, it could be a good film, but i was really refering to the concept of another rocky film in general.im afraid that like rocky 5 alreadypartially has, itll ruin the franchise. the original rocky was one the biggest hits and one ofthe greatets movies of all time. and the fact that-unlike star wars, or superman, or even die hard for tha matter-its a drama instead of action will make it evenharded to be appealing. id have to sa itsbeen greenlighted after the success of million dollar baby.

^I see your point Excel, but maybe the wait had to be this long to allow people to get interested in the character again. Heck, it will be 17 years since Rocky V came out, so who knows, it could be appealing...........

This has to be lies Rocky will be sixty, theres just know way, plus its illegal for him to fight

As long as he's still in shape for it(which he is)I'm all for a Rambo IV and a Rocky VI, couldn't care less how old he is.

^Yup, the character itself is the important thing here, and I believe people will want to see this type of character again. Rocky is full of inspiration as well as an attitude to go against all odds, and make the impossible possible.

For a film that will probably only cost $25m bucks, it will make some money. I'll be there opening weekend in 2007.........

im just going to let this one run its coarse!.......although i hope its at least entertaining!

"NO FURTHER COMMENTS"

Some new stuff from AICN - the film supposedly will be called ROCKY BALBOA, NOT Rocky VI............

Italian Stallion Rides Again!!!

Hey folks, Harry here with a day that will long live in the memory of AB King! Variety is publishing today that the sixth Rocky film is set to go at Sony, Revolution and MGM! This, I'm giddy about. First, I love that it isn't being called ROCKY VI, but rather... ROCKY BALBOA... there's something final feeling about that, beyond just the idea that if Stallone were to do one beyond this, he'd need digital wire removal so there wouldn't be walkers in the ring. The overall theme of this one is about looking at that final chapter in your life and deciding how you want to be remembered. Former Heavyweight Champion Roy Jones Jr will be playing Balboa's opponent Mason Dixon. While I'd prefer that he fight zombie Apollo Creed on a Post-Apocalyptic Earth ruled by Deadites and with Ash as the Ring Announcer. Ahem... sorry, that's probably just me. Apparently this sucker will begin shooting relatively soon and is hoping to be more along the lines of the dramatics of ROCKY and ROCKY II. Pauly will be back, no word on Talia Shire or Clubber Lang. But, I'm anxious to see Stallone's facial mitt catching 30 to 40 gloves a minute in the final round. And NO COMPUTER BLOOD SPRAYS, I like those facial squibs at 120 fps. Heh. Oh, and Bill Conti is back! ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

Additional thoughts?

Yeah ! He's definitly back !!!

ROCKY6-a.jpg

Rockyvi-returnofonelegend.jpg

rocky6-puncherschance.jpg

R6thefinalround.jpg

rocky6.jpg

Roy Jones Jr. As Mason Dixon!?!??!?!!?!?!? OMG! *Orgasms* If that's true, that is incredible

Plus, Mr.T confirmed on the Howard Stern Show that he has an upcoming part in Rocky VI, as a boxing commentator.

I'll check the film out at the theatre, but I'm not that hyped for it.

I think the title of the film is great - ROCKY BALBOA. Hopefully that's true.........

I'll watch it, as long as he doesn't die in or after the fight from brain swelling or something cause that really is no way to end Rocky.

I just saw the news report about, talking about how Philly will be get a good chunk of change from this when they film there. They stated it will be filmed in LA, Philly, and Las Vegas. Hopefully I can be an extra in the film, that would be sweet! Any other guys from the Philly area have any interest?

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11604

Rocky Balboa to Face Antonio Tarver?

Source: Wayne Smale
October 18, 2005

rocky6tarver.jpg

With the recent announcement that Sylvester Stallone will reprise his role as legendary boxing champion Rocky Balboa, BoxingTalk.com now claims to know who he'll be facing in the the sixth installment.

Moments ago light heavyweight king Antonio Tarver informed Boxingtalk.com that his representatives are in the final stages of negotiations for a deal that would land Tarver the role of Mason Dixon in the eagerly anticipated Rocky 6, which begins filming shortly. Sylvester Stallone will play Rocky Balboa, and Tarver will co-star as heavyweight champion Mason Dixon.

Stallone is also writing and producing Rocky Balboa, in which the character is drawn back to the boxing ring one last time, challenged by a powerful new champion - Mason Dixon.

Tarver is a great fighter, I know alot of people wanted Roy Jones, but Tarver is the better fighter right now! The guy has a "swagger" to him which sounds great for the guy he is playing!

darkdonnie said:
Tarver is a great fighter, I know alot of people wanted Roy Jones, but Tarver is the better fighter right now! The guy has a "swagger" to him which sounds great for the guy he is playing!

I hate Antonio Tarver. Magic Man my a$$. I think The Rock would've been better for the role, if not him, then Vin Diesel. Roy Jones Jr is the best fighter of this generation regardless of his last few losses, so I'd prefer him over Antonio Tarver, but really, just get someone with acting experience.

Evelisse said:
I'll watch it, as long as he doesn't die in or after the fight from brain swelling or something cause that really is no way to end Rocky.

I happen to disagree. The plan was actually to kill him off in Rocky V, but I bet he's going to win the fight and possibly die of complications after - the PERFECT ending to Rocky..............he'll leave this world as a Legend......

I've come to the conclusion that this film is gonna be amazing. However, I'm not too sure about having Adrian already passed away, especially if the Talia Shire is willing to come back. Seems like a cheap plot device to add some emotional resonance. As an aside, I quite fancied Adrian back in the day. Those glasses from Rocky were quite the turn on...

^You got that right.........

I think it will be a good film, but I do wish Talia was in there before she ends up dying, but oh well, what can you do............

It's been speculated that the last thing he sees before he dies (if that's the case) will be her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"