Roguekiller Question

Reaction score
If anyone here has any know-how with Roguekiller, please let me know. I can post the log, but my basic question is:

I ran the scan, and I had four objects found by the program. Two had the same pathway and file name (although with different values), being NewStartPanel objects in the HideDesktopIcons folder. Those seem to be fine (if they're not, please let me know), but my real worry are the files found in my Program Files (x86)\Hewlett Packard\Media\DVD folder. They're identified as "ROGUE ST" in the type category, and I can't find any sort of indication as to what that means.

Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone here has any know-how with Roguekiller, please let me know. I can post the log, but my basic question is:

I ran the scan, and I had four objects found by the program. Two had the same pathway and file name (although with different values), being NewStartPanel objects in the HideDesktopIcons folder. Those seem to be fine (if they're not, please let me know), but my real worry are the files found in my Program Files (x86)\Hewlett Packard\Media\DVD folder. They're identified as "ROGUE ST" in the type category, and I can't find any sort of indication as to what that means.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with 'RogueKiller" What is the issues your having that made you decide to use that tool? By the name of the program I assume you have a rogue AV on your system. Is that correct? What are symptoms? Your start menu gone? Random pop ups? Etc

I am not familiar with 'RogueKiller" What is the issues your having that made you decide to use that tool? By the name of the program I assume you have a rogue AV on your system. Is that correct? What are symptoms? Your start menu gone? Random pop ups? Etc

I'm pretty sure I got rid of it at this point, but I got the Google Redirect virus (the InfoMash one). I did a little research, and found a forum saying that using Roguekiller was a good way to get rid of it.

Roguekiller just scans your processes to see if there are any, well, rogue processes that may not be what they claim they are.

As it turns out, I have some sort of Google Redirect virus, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I did follow a guide, stating that if you disable Javascript and the redirects stop (which they seem to have), then it's most likely caused by Javascript somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"