ROLO Petiton

TNC9852002 said:
Bah...There was nothing there, no romance...never was gonna be anything...It was all speculation from that early script leak and fake review..

Exactly!

Goddessreicho said:
Did you read the X3 novel? No chemistry? The movie alludes to something, we just aren't sure of what. That scene in Logan's bedroom was definitly trying to say something.

I find it funny that Ororo was the only X-men who actually tried to get Logan to become a stable team member. That's often overlooked. Why would she do that if she didn't care? If Logan felt nothing for her, why would he stay at the mansion to help after x-2 if he was so crushed after Jean, and why would he stay AGAIN after she died a second time?

The X3 novel, although based heavily on the movie and script, is not the movie, and what happens in the novel isn't offical. Gambit was in the novel. Did you see him anywhere in X-Men: The Last Stand? Cuz if you did, then you obviously saw a different movie than I did, and one I'd surely like to see, because I'd have killed to have had Gambit in my X-Men: The Last Stand. And if you didn't see Gambit in the movie, then that's all the proof I need right there to show that just because it's in the book doesn't mean it's accurate to the movie.

George Lucas said that all the books, comics, and games based on Star Wars are unofficial, no matter how much liscensing they get. The only "official" Star Wars story lines are the 6 movies. That's it. Nothing in between. Nothing before. Nothing after. That's it. It's the same for the X-Men movies.

In X-Men, Xavier tried to pursuade Wolverine to join his cause. Cyclops didn't, because he didn't like Wolverine. He saw Wolverine as a rebel, one who couldn't play as a team player, and was right. Storm cared, but the care wasn't for Wolverine. The care was for the X-Men, and Xavier's cause, and trying to protect Rogue. She tried to pursuade him to stay because Rogue had been kidnapped by Magneto, Senator Kelly was dead, and they were learning the plan that Magneto was about to put into motion. And all Wolverine could do was pretty much bash them about how much they sucked. So she basically went out and said "Then help us". You know what they say, 2 heads are better than one. Well, in the case of the X-Men, and the currect situation, the X-Men could use all the help they could get, and Wolverine wasn't going to do anything on his own, especially against Magneto.

Why did Wolverine stay at the mansion after X2? Where else was he to go? Like Rogue, he had found a home there. He had found a purpose in his life; to fight for Xavier's dream. He was there to be a father figure to Rogue, someone who he had become very close to. I think the way Storm talked to him during and after the Danger Room session, and the way Xavier talked down to him in the conversation regarding Jean, goes to show that Wolverine is still the "outcast" of the group. And rightfully so. Jean, Scott, Ororo, and Hank, were all Xavier's original students. They have all grown up together, and were all essentially brothers and sisters (a bit deeper in the case of Scott and Jean). Logan wasn't that. The interaction between Scott and Logan shows that nothing has really changed between the 2 of them.

He stayed because he found a home and a purpose, not because he's got a thing for Storm.

Goddessreicho said:
Did you read the X3 novel? No chemistry? The movie alludes to something, we just aren't sure of what. That scene in Logan's bedroom was definitly trying to say something.

I find it funny that Ororo was the only X-men who actually tried to get Logan to become a stable team member. That's often overlooked. Why would she do that if she didn't care? If Logan felt nothing for her, why would he stay at the mansion to help after x-2 if he was so crushed after Jean, and why would he stay AGAIN after she died a second time?

Goddessreicho, once again you've proved ur intelligence.
Oh yeah. At the start of this thread I said no flames.
This is a petition, for those who agree with ROLO. Unless ROLO haters post something extremely clever

Goddessreicho said:

Did you read the comics? There have been RoLo in few but in the main universe there is no RoLo.
Also, the novels are not the movies. They had lots of things that the movie didn't have. Hell, the X-2 novel had Jean go blind; Did that happen in the movie? No.
The only thing the movie alluded to was that Wolverine was not interested in Storm. At all. He liked Jean, and he never liked Storm that way.
As for her trying to get Logan to be a stable team member, the same can be said about Rogue and Professor X.
And why would Logan stay at the X-Mansion after X-2? Because he learned all he wanted and all he could about his past at that point in his life. As for after X-3. With Prof. X, Jean, and Cyclops "dead", and Beast at the United Nations, Storm would be alone at the mansion. Sure he's a loner but he always helps when one is in need and there is no way that Storm could handle the mansion by herself so he stayed.

Throughout all that, no RoLo. I can maybe see a little affection to Logan from Storm, but he doesn't like her that way.

Majik1387 said:
Did you read the comics? There have been RoLo in few but in the main universe there is no RoLo.
Also, the novels are not the movies. They had lots of things that the movie didn't have. Hell, the X-2 novel had Jean go blind; Did that happen in the movie? No.
The only thing the movie alluded to was that Wolverine was not interested in Storm. At all. He liked Jean, and he never liked Storm that way.
As for her trying to get Logan to be a stable team member, the same can be said about Rogue and Professor X.
And why would Logan stay at the X-Mansion after X-2? Because he learned all he wanted and all he could about his past at that point in his life. As for after X-3. With Prof. X, Jean, and Cyclops "dead", and Beast at the United Nations, Storm would be alone at the mansion. Sure he's a loner but he always helps when one is in need and there is no way that Storm could handle the mansion by herself so he stayed.

Throughout all that, no RoLo. I can maybe see a little affection to Logan from Storm, but he doesn't like her that way.

Do you read ther comics? Because RoLo is heavily hinted--granted never brought to fruition, but that was politics via the Marvel office. Don't believe me? Go on the comics forum and ask Claremont himself. He'll tell you.

Need more? Paraphrasing part of Hudlin's massacre: "One, I have never, as you said, hit that. Wanted to, but didn't." So says Logan himself.

As for the movies, that was once more politics. Tease, but don't deliver. It's normally a good formula. Rothman, Claremont and even Ratner were all into the idea of RoLo, but not given the foundation they had from the first two movies, actor conflicts and such. The behind the scenes of X3 was more dramatic than the film.

Buuuuut this thread isn't intended to debate the logic/likelyhood/accounting of RoLo. It's for those that favor the pairing. That's all.

Majik1387 said:

Rolo has been heavily active in Uncanny since 2003. Wolverine actually turned Jean down to stay back with Storm and help her get well when she got shot. He helped her walk, get her powers back, and helped her keep her sanity in tact when the depression set in.

He was the one who stalked her in Africa when she left with no word.

Who is the one that was always there for her when her clausterphobia gets to her?

Make up your mind with the italics. You can't have both. And yes, there was Rolo, until Hudlin came in.

I find it funny that you two both respond to my post yet you omit replying to Nell and TNC.

Majik1387 said:
I find it funny that you two both respond to my post yet you omit replying to Nell and TNC.

Perhaps because I agreed with them? Geesh, it happens. You made the pompous "Do you read the comics?" statement that I replied to. They didn't. Nothing in their posts required contradiction. As far as onscreen went, there was no RoLo--in the books yes, but not onscreen. Onscreen Logan was a whimpering, lovesick, Marvel cashcow, overplayed ****e of a man. So, I don't mind letting that slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"