Days of Future Past "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Famke Janssen!!

new pics:

002.jpg

005.jpg

She looks fantastic for her age. I would love to see her and Cyclops back. I don't care how they do it or why. I just want them both back.

The more convoluted the reason the better. We just want our Romeo and Juliet back dammnit!

That's all I want from this movie #bringbackromeo&juliet

Actually Famke Jannsen looks more fitting to a villain role now, her looks are perfect for it, maybe Selene or Madelyne Pyror in a future movie?

She's not going to play a different character in the same series. Maddie's the only one that would actually make sense seeing as how she's a clone. But cloning should never touch these movies.

Unless the cut of the movie is greatly changed, I know [blackout]she and Scott will be in the altered future.[/blackout]

She's not going to play a different character in the same series. Maddie's the only one that would actually make sense seeing as how she's a clone. But cloning should never touch these movies.

Unless the cut of the movie is greatly changed, I know [blackout]she and Scott will be in the altered future.[/blackout]

[BLACKOUT]So in this future Magneto and Professor X remained allies and the events of X1/X2/X3 never happened?[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]So in this future Magneto and Professor X remained allies and the events of X1/X2/X3 never happened?[/BLACKOUT]

It would stand to reason that would likely be the case, [BLACKOUT]though I'm sure people would argue that Jean's Phoenix persona could have ultimately been released even without the events of X2/X3 happening causing them to still meet related demises. [/BLACKOUT]Then again, we won't know for sure without seeing how they choose to show altered events in the movie, but it's definitely conceivable that could be the outcome.

Yes, but I wasn't told that it's stated those events didn't happen completely. [blackout]But when you think about it, for these two characters to be alive and for Erik and Charles to be working together at the school, the majority of those events must not've happened again.[/blackout]

Well
The rumored ending defently hints at some events of Last Stand being retconed so Cyclops and Jean are alive.Also note In COmics Magneto has reformed and later become villain again.Its entirely possable for events of at Least X-men and X2 still happen and even somewhat similar version of Last Stand

As for future of franchise
I am skeptical they are going to erase most films In franchice yet do another wolverine film.If they were going to erase films It's more likely they would end film In 1973 not show an altered 2023.Looking more like they went to erase mistakes of last Stand like deaths of Xavier,Cyclops,and Jean,and possibly send off Older Magneto by having him seen working with Xavier at mansion.

Yes, but I wasn't told that it's stated those events didn't happen completely. [blackout]But when you think about it, for these two characters to be alive and for Erik and Charles to be working together at the school, the majority of those events must not've happened again.[/blackout]

I realy don't like the idea of
Most films In franchise being erased.Now I certinly don't mind origins and Last Stand being erased but don't like Idea of X-Men,X2,and The Wolverine being erased.I certinly don't see how they can use OT cast In another wolverine film and another sequel with them If all the point of reference with them now never happened.They certinly aren't going to revisit the trek "Prime" universe again In films and TV after Alternate universe was launched In trek 2009.That would leave only First Class,1973 and altered 2023 ending as well world war II flashback of the wolverine and possibly begining of origins as relvent to future of series just like trek 2009 and Into darkness are only relvent things to future trek films or Tv shows

Plus forget about films If your a comic fan
The idea of Magneto never being enemy of X-men Is too radical a chance.And see how many here complain about changes made to X-men In films.This is even more radical than most

Why should I forget about the films, if I'm a comic book fan? It's because I'm a comic book fan that I know Erik isn't limited to being the X-Men's "greatest" enemy and that he and Charles have worked together numerous times. Erik was even headmaster, at one point. Just because we see the two working together at one instance in time, doesn't mean it was smooth sailing up to that point.

I realy don't like the idea of
Most films In franchise being erased.Now I certinly don't mind origins and Last Stand being erased but don't like Idea of X-Men,X2,and The Wolverine being erased.I certinly don't see how they can use OT cast In another wolverine film and another sequel with them If all the point of reference with them now never happened.They certinly aren't going to revisit the trek "Prime" universe again In films and TV after Alternate universe was launched In trek 2009.That would leave only First Class,1973 and altered 2023 ending as well world war II flashback of the wolverine and possibly begining of origins as relvent to future of series just like trek 2009 and Into darkness are only relvent things to future trek films or Tv shows

Plus forget about films If your a comic fan
The idea of Magneto never being enemy of X-men Is too radical a chance.And see how many here complain about changes made to X-men In films.This is even more radical than most

Well I really hope this rumored ending is not true. And its not even about ignoring previous film. But the thought of
Professor X and Magneto living peacefully with each other just seems so cheesey.

I actually think they probably would make Eric and Charles run the school together as it gives an excuse to keep magneto around

Obviously that would mean X1 didn't happen, but doesn't mean X1,X2 and X3 didnt have a purpose, it led to the dark future which needed to be changed and they sent Logan back to change it

Why should I forget about the films, if I'm a comic book fan? It's because I'm a comic book fan that I know Erik isn't limited to being the X-Men's "greatest" enemy and that he and Charles have worked together numerous times. Erik was even headmaster, at one point. Just because we see the two working together at one instance in time, doesn't mean it was smooth sailing up to that point.

If your a comic book fan the idea of rewriting things so Magneto Is never the
X-Men's greatest enemy Isn't a good thing.Now the idea of him reforms at some point after being enemy fits with comics but never being enemy of X-Men Is
a bad idea.

I just imagine how X5 or the next film featuring the OT would start. Obviously those two will dominate the screen again. DOFP seems like the right time to finally give the older Magneto his swan song but no it looks like they are keeping him and now he's one of the good guys. Ugh.

Well I really hope this rumored ending is not true. And its not even about ignoring previous film. But the thought of
Professor X and Magneto living peacefully with each other just seems so cheesey.

Unless they wind up using an alternate ending, I'm pretty certain it's what'll happen.

They were never gonna write magneto out, so I honestly believe they would do that

I just imagine how X5 or the next film featuring the OT would start. Obviously those two will dominate the screen again. DOFP seems like the right time to finally give the older Magneto his swan song but no it looks like they are keeping him and now he's one of the good guys. Ugh.

He likely won't be a clear-cut good guy. He'll still have had the same background (prior to 1973) so who knows? He could end up toeing the line. But it'd be nice to see him where he's not a villain for a change, though we'll get to see that in the future portion of DoFP.

I actually think they probably would make Eric and Charles run the school together as it gives an excuse to keep magneto around

Obviously that would mean X1 didn't happen, but doesn't mean X1,X2 and X3 didnt have a purpose, it led to the dark future which needed to be changed and they sent Logan back to change it

I really don't like idea of most films never happening.It changes magneto too
much.

And I question why do another wolverine film If your erasing The wolverine.
If you compare this to Star Trek then I am very doudtful they would say most films didn't happen and set another wolverine film before that.We are unlikely to ever see anything In "Prime" Trek universe again.And I suspect It would be
same here.

If your a comic book fan the idea of rewriting things so Magneto Is never the
X-Men's greatest enemy Isn't a good thing.Now the idea of him reforms at some point after being enemy fits with comics but never being enemy of X-Men Is
a bad idea.

Then I guess it's a good thing this is simply an assumption on your part and not something the supposed ending of Days of Future Past guarantees. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"