Eternals Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

That’s honestly how I felt when the movie went off. I was thinking “Well that wasn’t one of my favorite MCU movies, but hey Spidey is next month and the multiverse is coming with him so I’m good!”
I will see Eternals tomorrow.
But, I think what is going on with critics might have something to with the fact that they are introducing us to a veritable army of new characters wrapped in a two and half hour package.
For both critics and moviegoers, that might be challenging.

Every incel YT channel is already yelling "GO WOKE, GO BROKE", ignoring the fact that diversity and representation are not the reasons why this is getting negative reviews.

To me diversity, wokeness whatever you want to call it, that's not why the movie is a failure to me. It's not why I disliked the movie.

Eternals in last night's PostTrak earned a low 75% positive and 3 1/2 stars from general audiences, and a 57% recommend.

For comparison, Venom 2 was 65% recommend. Widow got 69% and Shang-Chi 78%

I will see Eternals tomorrow.
But, I think what is going on with critics might have something to with the fact that they are introducing us to a veritable army of new characters wrapped in a two and half hour package.
For both critics and moviegoers, that might be challenging.
It’s funny because I just said to a family member that I think Guardians of the Galaxy did a much better job of showcasing a new group of characters in less time than this film did. Then again the Guardians to me are more engaging and much better cast than the Eternals are. This may be the first MCU movie where i left not really being excited to see these characters in another film, except maybe one.

For comparison, Venom 2 was 65% recommend. Widow got 69% and Shang-Chi 78%

Oof. If box office reflects all these bad metrics then I don't think Zhao willl be back to make the second one. Heck, there might not even be a second one.

I really dislike Doug Walker, but the first x-men movie is pretty embarrassed about it's source material.

I don't even know what that means.
I guess it's a comment on this

x-men-2000-12-1436877858.gif

Really? I thought it was commonly accepted that superhero films leaving behind Joel Schumacher's Batman aesthetic was a good thing.

You can leave Schumachers Batman aesthetic behind without urinating on comicbooks.

You can leave Schumachers Batman aesthetic behind without urinating on comicbooks.

Changing the color of X-Men's uniforms is urinating on the comic books?
Now that's what I call excessive hyperbole.

Blade's (1998) success marked departure from comic bookiness of Schumacher era, Singer's X-Men (2000) followed Blade aesthetic, Raimi's Spider-Man (2002) brought back comic accurate costumes.

So apparently, Eternals has got B Cinemascore.

FDgHJKfX0Ag75Lq

Nothing is impossible, but I think this is unlikely. At this point, Shang-Chi has 312 reviews. Eternals has 200 now. As more come in, it takes more reviews to effect the percentage. I can see the reviews continue to trend negative, but I would be shocked if it is over 5% at this point. Math simply makes that more difficult as we go

Well it's now down to 48% percent.

Eternals

I mean this movie is getting so far average at worst reviews. The lowest I can this see sinking down to is in the high 60% range which will make it join the same club as Incredible Hulk & Thor: The Dark World. I don’t expect it’ll plummet down enough to be the first MCU film to be rated rotten on RT, but you never know.
Little did the idiot who wrote this post back then know how badly it would age….

Well, after seeing it I kind of understand the critical reaction. The writing could have been a lot better (I posted a longer post in the Rate and Review thread if anyone is interested).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"