Rotten Tomatoes Watch thread

well compare to the first movie, this doesn't seem like a glow up. I wouldn't be surprised if it stabilizes at 75% to 77%.

With 160 reviews and at 80%, there aren't going to be any major shifts one way or the other. That's solid; especially for something not really cut from the Marvel cloth. It also reminds me that everyone never likes anything.

With 160 reviews and at 80%, there aren't going to be any major shifts one way or the other. That's solid; especially for something not really cut from the Marvel cloth. It also reminds me that everyone never likes anything.
I don't think it's going to go full WW84/Eternals tanking but I'd say the worst it'll possibly get is maybe the low 70s or high 60s.

I don't think it's going to go full WW84/Eternals tanking but I'd say the worst it'll possibly get is maybe the low 70s or high 60s.
I just can't see it getting in the 60s at this point with 160 reviews in. Say it gets 480 (to make the arithmetic easy), that would mean it would have to get in the low 60s as far as the remaining reviews. I just can't see that happening. Depending on which reviews came in first, it gets at worst in the mid-t0-high 70s.

I just can't see it getting in the 60s at this point with 160 reviews in. Say it gets 480 (to make the arithmetic easy), that would mean it would have to get in the low 60s as far as the remaining reviews. I just can't see that happening. Depending on which reviews came in first, it gets at worst in the mid-t0-high 70s.
Agreed. I don't see it getting lower than 75 which is a good RT score. Marvel fans are spoiled, anything lower than 90 is seen as mediocre.

TOMATOMETER
79%

Average Rating: 6.8 out of 10
Fresh: 135
Rotten: 35

Seems to have settled.

TOMATOMETER
79%

Average Rating: 6.8 out of 10
Fresh: 135
Rotten: 35

Seems to have settled.
Yeah.....it's not going anywhere. Maybe in some other Multiverse reality, but not here.

Agreed. I don't see it getting lower than 75 which is a good RT score. Marvel fans are spoiled, anything lower than 90 is seen as mediocre.
Eh not really. Infinity War says hello.

78%
180 Reviews
Average Rating: 6.7/10
Fresh: 140
Rotten: 40

well compare to the first movie, this doesn't seem like a glow up. I wouldn't be surprised if it stabilizes at 75% to 77%.

well its literally 1 point away from 77% and its not even Friday and it hasn't hit 200, 300 reviews...

well its literally 1 point away from 77% and its not even Friday and it hasn't hit 200, 300 reviews...
Anything is possible. As a recovering statistician, I recognize that there are tail ends to the bell curve, but it's back up to 79% with almost 200 reviews. It would still have to have reviews in the low 60s to drop below 70% if it's about halfway home. I still don't see that happening. I "think" it'll pop up and down between 75 or so and 80.

195 reviews and 79%

That 79% of the audience had a positive view of it?
It's percentage of critic's reviews that basically have a positive attitude towards it. They have an audience score also, but it hasn't really opened yet. They post it once the get enough audience reviews.

EDIT: Audience reviews are generally higher.

I'm actually sort of surprised that RT hasn't made it "certified fresh" at this point as it seems to have met the requirements.

Anyone know why not?

It's percentage of critic's reviews that basically have a positive attitude towards it. They have an audience score also, but it hasn't really opened yet. They post it once the get enough audience reviews.

EDIT: Audience reviews are generally higher.

I know how it works. :funny:

I'm actually sort of surprised that RT hasn't made it "certified fresh" at this point as it seems to have met the requirements.

Anyone know why not?
The Top Critics score is under 70%. It's at 68% at the moment.

The Top Critics score is under 70%. It's at 68% at the moment.
Ahhhh.....didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that was a requirement. When I looked it up, this is what I got

Rotten Tomatoes awards the Certified Fresh™ accolade to films and TV programs that have a steady Tomatometer® of 75% or higher after a set amount of reviews (80 for films in wide release, 40 for films in limited release, 20 for TV shows), including 5 reviews from Top Critics.

TOMATOMETER
77%

Average Rating: 6.6 out of 10
Fresh: 175
Rotten: 51

Last edited:

Anyone know why not?

Because a lot of reviews are still coming and not out yet. A lot of critics didn't see the movie until last night.

The score should be indicative now after 214 reviews. Should only change so much.

77% from 229 reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"