Russell Crowe IS Jor-El

Yeah, come back after you see it Jim-El. Russel Crowe plays a full character, not just a plot device... though he does end up being a plot device eventually.

One hour and 45 minutes to go!
It is obvious that this Jor-El plays a much more prevalent role than the STM role.
Just from the movie clips, I see that Crowe has much deeper material than Brando had. Fine by me!
Brando will still always be my sentimental favorite. I know I will enjoy Crowe's performance!

Last edited:
Crowe made a fantastic and emotionally sensitive Jor-El. Incredible portrayal with elements from most classic versions of the character, and I loved the balance of tragedy and subtle humor
toward the end of the film

He also showed that he still had some of his fighting skills from "Gladiator" ;).

I'm not a fan of Mr. Crowe. But he did a great job as Jor-el here. Senator Pleasury approves.

Russel Crowe was honestly the best part of the movie........... nuff said

He and Faora...Zod was a disappointment for me.
Faora was hot,,,,, spicy hot............. her stare, her voice, her movement was awesome evil. I could watch her for a whole movie.

I didn't find Zod disappointment, he is a General, he isn't pure evil, he thinks what he is doing is justifiable, so i think Michael Shannon portrayed him great

I loved Jor-El in this movie. I hope he will appear again in the sequel somehow (or his A.I., rather).

I thought Crowe did an excellent job, though I could have done without the ass kicking he did in the film.

tumblr_mohkdf2Sat1qgx4b2o1_250.gif
tumblr_mohkdf2Sat1qgx4b2o3_250.gif

tumblr_mohkdf2Sat1qgx4b2o2_250.gif
tumblr_mohkdf2Sat1qgx4b2o4_250.gif

oh Russell

I'd love to see A.I Jor El be Superman's "Alfred"...but we were lucky enough that Crowe even did one of these superhero films. Can't imagine him coming back.

Crowe was boss as Jor-El, He nailed it from the moment he first appeared on screen and then he just elevated it as A.I. holographic Jor-El program.

Russell Crowe Would be Open to a Man of Steel Prequel

Man Of Steel Writer David Goyer, Attached To New TV Show. Its Name? ‘Krypton’.
Rich Johnston said:
We told you Warners was developing a Supergirl TV show. It was confirmed by others.

We told you Fox was developing an X-Men TV show. It was also confirmed by others.

And now? Something that may be inspired by the utter success of new television show Gotham in telling pre-Batman stories and getting an audience familiar with tales to come and teasing them on a weekly basis.

That Man Of Steel writer/producer David Goyer is involved in a TV show called Krypton.

As we have previously mentioned, if you want a DC Comics film made these days, you’ve gotta get a Goyer. And it seems the same may be true for TV shows.

The name suggests a pre-Superman drama set on the planet Krypton, maybe involving the House Of El, maybe Brainiac, maybe an end of the world cult, maybe lots of dragons flying around the place.

Goyer also wrote the screenplay for The Man Of Steel also portrayed some of the Kryptonian lifestyle, as some kind of communist dystopia for which the USA was a blessed relief and alternative. Comics such as the World Of Krypton stories and For The Man Who Has Everything have explored aspects of Krypton, that it would feel hard for such a show to completely ignore.

Goyer has recently been involved with the Constantine and Da Vinci’s Demons TV series. The likes of Gotham has made this kind of “before” show possible, as previously there was the rather similarly themed “before” show Caprica to bear in mind…

Of course, it could be a sitcom set in a comic shop. Who knows?

Is it weird that I listen to Russell's speeches in this movie more than the other dialogue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"