Russell Crowe IS Jor-El

It's becoming the anti-Superman Returns;

- getting bad reviews across the board right out of the bat
- casting of big name Ryan Reynolds is being criticized, he's pretty much playing Van Wilder in this
- overfocus focus on action and humor, weak characters. no heart
- being slammed for being a short dumbed down popcorn flick for the GA

Amusingly ironic. The studio went the complete opposite way with this and they're getting screwed.
And it is going to be a better movie than SR... :o

with Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner as the fathers, this can only mean one thing...

...Henry Cavill will eventually play the ultimate Robin Hood! :oldrazz:

Yeah, the verdict (reviews) for the movie has arrived and it's not looking good, to put it mildly. :csad:

It all started with the first image they released.
Same thing happened with the X-men FC posters and with the unforgettably regrettable first picture of Brandon Routh in the suit.
Man of Steel better not make the same mistake!

- casting of big name Ryan Reynolds is being criticized, he's pretty much playing Van Wilder in this

Amusingly ironic. The studio went the complete opposite way with this and they're getting screwed.

Everything is being posted in the GL Review thread in the GL Forum. I'm hoping it's not going to be another Fantastic Four. This could be very bad news for DC:E.

I see. Thanks for the summary. :up:

Caviezel blamed backlash from the passion of the christ for his career stalling
eh...if anything Passion of the Christ was arguably his best movie. Caviezel isn't a big name because he's fairly bland in all of his movies.

It all started with the first image they released.
Same thing happened with the X-men FC posters and with the unforgettably regrettable first picture of Brandon Routh in the suit.
Man of Steel better not make the same mistake!

Yep, the first image of Superman better be out of this world.

I like the sound of this, I know Russel can be a dink in real life, but he is a great actor. I really like this news :up:

Shannon.
Coster.
Lane.
Adams.
Crowe.
And I'm sure it won't end there.

I look back at Superman Return's casting and can't help but to wonder, what the **** was Bryan Singer thinking?

Everything is being posted in the GL Review thread in the GL Forum. I'm hoping it's not going to be another Fantastic Four. This could be very bad news for DC:E.

I want to see it but with these negative reviews I'm starting to remember that this film is from Greg Berlanti...Who brought us stinkers like: Everwood, Brothers & Sisters, No Ordinary Family and some crappy Katherine Heigel movie. "Hope this doesn't suck as much as the reviews make it sound like it does" wasn't what I was hoping I'd have to tell myself.

I wonder if this casting will motivate Cavill to do more push ups.

Shannon.
Coster.
Lane.
Adams.
Crowe.
And I'm sure it won't end there.

I look back at Superman Return's casting and can't help but to wonder, what the **** was Bryan Singer thinking?

Bar a mis-cast Kate Bosworth & Frank Langella, Singer picked a pretty stellar cast too.

So as far as main supporting characters goes, who is left? Lex and Jimmy right?

Someone enlighten me - what's the damage to GL? Bad reviews? I haven't heard much, but am super stoked to see it.

It's never a good sign when the studio waits till the last minute to preview the film. Sucker Punch is an example. Good movies get previewed at least a week and a half before. Bad ones get 2 days.

The only castmember I'm iffy on is Adams, the most unconventional choice of the list.

The rest are well chosen.

I am glad they have a well known actor, and i'm sure Crowe brings a level of credibility to the film. Has he ever been in a superhero film before? I am quite surprised he's willing to get involved in one, and so it's good in those ways...

... but personally I really really HATE Russel Crowe. So that's just something i'm going to have to get over. Who knows, maybe this will be the moment he changes my mind.

In fact my initial shock is wearing off, and it is growing on me. There is something kind of cool about the idea. It's not what I wanted, but it could be pulled off really well.

Last edited:
Just to clear some facts...Ryan Reynolds is not being criticized. He is regarded as one of the best parts of the movie. One or 2 reviews said he was bad.

Crowe is a great actor, and I applaud this choice if he's cast. We'll all seen Gladiator and his bigger films, but he's also been fantastic in the smaller and less well known ones. It's a sign that they're serious not just about getting well known names in the movie, but well known names who can act and who may not appear the most obvious choices for the role.

Bar a mis-cast Kate Bosworth & Frank Langella, Singer picked a pretty stellar cast too.

Routh was wooden as hell and Spacey was too campy but that was probably Singer's fault. You can't really compare SR's cast with MoS. It's no contest.

I strongly disagree.

Things aren't looking so bright for GL. I'm hoping it's at least better than Fantastic Four. :dry:
It is already better by just seing those 1 min online clips. :o But enough SR!

This cast.... HELL YEAH!!! :up: :up:

It is already better by just seing those 1 min online clips. :o

You will be in the vast minority. GL has the makings of a colossal trainwreck.

I HOPE they can at least do 400 Mil worldwide, but if WoM is as bad as the reviews.... eek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"