Deadpool Ryan Reynolds Confirmed To Play The Pool of Death

I posted this in the other thread, but it's F'n worth doing it again!

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/540594148097916928/photo/1

V02HwHY.png

Great! :D This guy has a passion for the character. I'm glad his patience is being rewarded.

Great to finally have this confirmed, It's still surreal to me that this film is actually happening.

Good news, Reynolds is gonna kill it as Deadpool

About time. It's cool that his passion project is coming to fruition.

The Empire article says that the press release said it was a collab between Fox and Marvel Studios. If that true that could have potential for some great meta references about the license issues.

Last edited:
i thought they were done trying to make ryan reynolds happen? ugh.

Why? He's clearly passionate about the project and going by the concept footage, I think it will be a blast. I don't even really care what rating it gets either.

Give it a chance. You might even crack a smile. :o

I'm glad this is happening, Reynolds deserves a chance to redeem himself in the comic book genre and Deadpool is the perfect character for him, always has been. Judging from the test footage, this movie is going to be a smash hit. I'm predicting it'll surprise a lot of people & be a juggernaut at the box office.

I don't think it'll be a juggernaut or box office hit. But if they do it right it could be successful and become a cult hit. There is an audience for this type of film for sure.

Awesome! Even though we all knew, it's great to see official confirmation and Reynolds posting Deadpool stuff on twitter :up::up:

Been waiting a very long time for this.

And we know for certain this time he will be the merc with the mouth.

:D :D

Just work with that opening section of Origins and it'll all be grand

Actually just give us a full film based around that leaked test footage (especially the comic accurate costume) and it will be all grand.

I think we'll get something that is perfectly in line with the test footage...and if we do, I can speak for millions of other fans when I say I'll be ecstatic. It's only right to have him as a dual sword & gun wielding badass that constantly breaks the fourth wall & says hilarious things while fighting criminals/supervillains.

Literally the only drawback I can see would be Deadpool not being apart of the MCU, which means no stories involving Deadpool, Thanos & Death.

I'm so pumped for this! :D And RR has what it takes for this role for sure, glad he is back on track!

It's interesting how supportive people are of this casting after he played Cesspool in that awful Wolverine movie, and has appeared in two other CBM bombs of late (GL and RIPD). Granted, it's not his fault that Deadpool sucked in Wolverine, but given how poorly received that film was, I'm surprised people don't just want to sever all ties from it and let this film be its own thing. Still, I like Reynolds, and I'm pulling for him here because the character is awesome and if the script is good then I think he could kill it. It's just interesting since everyone (fans and casual moviegoers) seem to want WB to distance themselves as much as possible from the GL movie and Reynolds if they ever decide to use the GL character again... but here it seems to be the exact opposite even though everyone HATED what they did to Deadpool in Wolverine.

But we all loved what they did with Wade Wilson pre-op. That's the Deadpool we're after

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"