Sad Songs That Weren't Intended To Be

Time After Time

listen to Cyndi Lauper's version, then listen to Eva Cassidy's. Cyndi's is light hearted, while Eva's seems whistful to me.

Cyndi's:

Eva's:

The Doors - Crystal Ship

Song isn't exactly happy or upbeat, but I do not think it was meant to invoke the sorrow it does in me. Was in love at the time. Played during sex. All gone now.

Is your schtick to pretend you're Rorschach?

Don't do it.

Makes one look like jackass. Too many jackasses on this board. :dry:

I talk that way sometimes. Type that way almost all the time. Faster, easier, gets the point across.

Don't act a certain way because I like Rorschach. I like Rorschach because he reminds me of myself.

Didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry it bothers you so much.

Time After Time

listen to Cyndi Lauper's version, then listen to Eva Cassidy's. Cyndi's is light hearted, while Eva's seems whistful to me.

Cyndi's:

Eva's:

She really made it sound terribly sad.

Dont matter by Akon. Makes me depressed for some reason.

She really made it sound terribly sad.

ya, but i actually think her version is more beautiful, esp in that scene of smallville at Whitney's dad's funeral... gives me chills much like the evanessence song during elektra's father's funeral in daredevil

ya, but i actually think her version is more beautiful, esp in that scene of smallville at Whitney's dad's funeral... gives me chills

i think that was the first time i'd heard it and i instantly fell in love with it and looked it up. then i looked up some of her other stuff and thought she was amazing. i'm definitely a big fan of hers.

sadly, she is no longer with us :( R.I.P.

i think that was the first time i'd heard it and i instantly fell in love with it and looked it up. then i looked up some of her other stuff and thought she was amazing. i'm definitely a big fan of hers.

sadly, she is no longer with us :( R.I.P.

o... i didnt no she died.. how'd that happen?

ok... so i don't care if these songs are suppose to be sad or not.. but these friggin get me... yet are some of my favorite songs ever.

Avril Lavigne- Happy Ending
[YT]C2eUCfREAbw[/YT] ya... so this reminds me of what i call my "fake true love" fell in love with a guy, long distance relationship.. we met online.. he fell for me too... we would talk at least an hr a day for a year.. sent eachother gifts... yadda yadda.. 2 weeks ago this thursday, he decided to tell me the pics he's been sending me for the past year were of one of his friends, and he's to afraid to show me his real pic...

ok... so this song just gives me a mix of emotions... beautiful music video, not sure why it makes me sad.. but makes me happy and sad all together
Dashboard Confessional- Stolen
[YT]XdI-HyZa_EY[/YT]

here's some random ones that i all relate to due to moving from ohio to california. the ups and downs.
couldn't find a real music video, so this one has to do

Sugarcult- Back to California
[YT]GfqRWep9Xc4[/YT]

ok so this didn't have a real video either.. but umm buffy rocks
Yellowcard: Back home
[YT]ZyeEGYuLuTE[/YT]

Augustana: Boston
[YT]UnqvjD7Kxs4[/YT]

and i think i'm officially too much of a romantic.. cuz this song made me shed a tear or 2 the other day, for no apparent reason.

Snow Patrol: Signal Fire
[YT]eAI8_lp8CRc [/YT]

ps. this thread is so emo officially emo now ..... :csad:

*fixed*

i love acoustic music.. but dammit if some songs are so sad that way...

Howie Day: Collide
[YT]0gYovGjmh04[/YT]

Duncan Shiek (ok sooo this isn't the acoustic version, but.... i suggest finding and listening to it.. beautiful
[YT]or7kanLEgyc [/YT]

sooo i found the acoustic version, but i suggest not watching the video... and just listening.. it's too wierd to watch and i don't know the people in it...
[YT]fbnJb929d7c[/YT]

Ben Folds: Tiny Dancer
[YT]URg06RXYsksRg[/YT]

Goo Goo Dolls: Black Balloon
[YT]DTSroAUygiQ [/YT]

Goo Goo Dolls: Iris
[YT]SsK90GWBVLY[/YT]

and to finish it off... my favorite song
[YT]SeCR6-gaQaA [YT]

Green Day -Good Riddance(time of your life)
They play it at every graduations i've been in!:D The song was written about an ex-girlfriend who he left and is glad he got rid off! Which is why its called good riddance.

i love acoustic music.. but dammit if some songs are so sad that way...

Howie Day: Collide

Duncan Shiek (ok sooo this isn't the acoustic version, but.... i suggest finding and listening to it.. beautiful

sooo i found the acoustic version, but i suggest not watching the video... and just listening.. it's too wierd to watch and i don't know the people in it...

Ben Folds: Tiny Dancer
[YT]g06RXYsksRg[/YT]

Goo Goo Dolls: Black Balloon

Goo Goo Dolls: Iris

and to finish it off... my favorite song

fixed

I talk that way sometimes. Type that way almost all the time. Faster, easier, gets the point across.

Don't act a certain way because I like Rorschach. I like Rorschach because he reminds me of myself.

Didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry it bothers you so much.

Doesn't bother me necessarily. Seen many other posters go down same road. Many wolverines on this board.

The' tal' lik' the' ar' retars' so'

Beware of others on board, you may get teased.

Green Day -Good Riddance(time of your life)
They play it at every graduations i've been in!:D The song was written about an ex-girlfriend who he left and is glad he got rid off! Which is why its called good riddance.

Wow. Didn't know that.

Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah

:(

[YT]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/or7kanLEgyc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/or7kanLEgyc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/YT]

I love this song. But that video makes no sense.

Ultimate bittersweet/sad song: Judy Garland or Ray Charles - "Somewhere over the rainbow".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"