Salem - WGN America Entering Into Original Programming

The person who wrote deserved to honored. It make it me laugh every time I read it! :-)

Lucy Lawless and Stuart Townsend are going back in time.

The former “Xena: Warrior Princess” actress and the actor who starred on ABC’s “Betrayal” are joining WGN America’s “Salem” for Season 2, which began production on Wednesday. Actors Joe Doyle (“Raw”) and Oliver Bell (“How to Make Love Like an Englishman”) are also set to join the cast of the witch drama, set in 17th century Salem, Massachusetts, site of the infamous real-life witch trials that resulted in executions of 20 people.

Lawless, set as a recurring guest star, will play Countess Marburg, who comes from a long line of German witches. In addition to starring as Xena on the popular syndicated action series for well over 100 episode, Lawless is known for her work on Syfy’s “Battlestar Galactica” and Starz’s “Spartacus: Blood and Sand.” She also guest starred earlier this season on ABC’s “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD,” though her character was short lived.

Agency for the Performing Arts, Auckland Actors and Valeo Entertainment represent her.

Townsend, also a recurring guest, plays English aristocrat Samuel Wainright, a doctor trying to uncover Salem’s secrets. He stars on the Franco-Canadian show “XIII: The Series” in addition to having worked on “Betrayal.” He’s also famously portrayed the vampire Lestat in the feature film adaptation of Anne Rice’s “Queen of the Damned.”

Jonathan Arun Talent and UTA represent him.

Meanwhile, Doyle (“Raw”) and Bell join the “Salem” cast as a series regulars. Doyle plays Baron Sebastian Marburg and Bell will reprise the role of Mary’s son, previously believed to be dead.

The series stars Janet Montgomery (“Black Swan”) as Mary, Shane West (“Nikita,” “ER”) as Captain John Alden, Seth Gabel (“Fringe”) as Cotton Mather, Ashley Madekwe (“Revenge”) as Tituba, Tamzin Merchant (“Jane Eyre”) as Anne Hale, Elise Eberle (“The Astronaut Farmer”) as Mercy Lewis and Iddo Goldberg (“Mob City”) as Isaac Walton.

Adam Simon and Brannon Braga created the series and serve as co-executive producers with Jeff Kwatinetz, Josh Barry and Nick Copus (“Arrow,” “Nikita”), who was just added to the list this season, which begins production in Shreveport, Louisiana, on Wednesday.

http://www.thewrap.com/lucy-lawless-stuart-townsend-join-salem-season-2/

So, being the good fanboy that I am, I've been trying to watch season 1 of Salem in readiness for Lucy Lawless' appearance in season 2. But, I'm finding it quite the challenge.

Is anyone aware of a list of "essential" episodes from season 1 which I should watch, instead of sitting through all 13 of them?

Anyone watch last night? I thought it was a solid premiere. Always love seeing Lucy Lawless, and what do you know? Stuart Townsend is still alive.

I liked it. I really want to see what Lucy's character does when she gets to Salem.

They really upped the grossness early on. How nasty are they going to get this season?

Hopefully this season will be less gross since the elder witches got wiped out. Thank God, because they made me sick.

This season is really getting good with setting up all the fronts of the witch war. I find myself rooting for a little bit of everyone but Mercy. Mary is a *****, but at the same time it's nice to see her in power above a bunch of traditionalist witches and Puritans in her own way. Tituba has a really good backstory where she turns to witchcraft to get revenge on the people who slaved her and killed her family. Lucy Lawless is an intriguing, evil witch that adds another old school threat to the town, and Alden is just badass this season as the witch hunter.

Mercy can kick rocks though. I never liked her. She always looked like she smells really bad, and the ***** just doesn't listen. Now she's looking like Freddy Krueger's daughter or something. I can't help but root against her.

[YT]-zYwtonSZus[/YT]

Hit Supernatural Thriller Series Set to Premiere Halloween Week, Wednesday, November 2

Created by Brannon Braga and Adam Simon, Series Stars Janet Montgomery, Shane West, Seth Gabel, Ashley Madekwe, Tamzin Merchant, Elise Eberle, Iddo Goldberg, Joe Doyle, Oliver Bell and Newcomer Samuel Roukin

Marilyn Manson as Thomas Dinley in WGN America's "Salem"

LOS ANGELES, August 5, 2016 - WGN America announced today that the highly anticipated season three of their spellbinding original drama series "Salem" will premiere Halloween week, Wednesday, November 2. The network also revealed a first-look photo of this season's guest star, legendary artist Marilyn Manson, along with a bloody and chilling teaser trailer featuring Manson who portrays "Thomas Dinley," a barber and surgeon who is the go-to man in Salem for everything from a shave and a haircut to being leeched, bled, sliced open or sewn up.

The third season of "Salem" dawns with the triumph of the witches' plan to remake the New World by bringing the devil to earth and making Salem his capital. But the devil is a liar, and instead of a New World free from murderous Puritan hypocrisy, his own plan will bring nothing but death and slavery with the ultimate aim of leading humanity to destroy itself. And there's only one person on earth who can beat the devil -- the very witch that birthed him, his mother, Mary Sibley. The only problem is - she's dead. Or is she?

"Salem" stars Janet Montgomery ("Human Target," "Made in Jersey") as Mary Sibley, Shane West ("Nikita," "ER") as Captain John Alden, Seth Gabel ("Arrow," "Fringe") as Cotton Mather, Ashley Madekwe ("Revenge") as Tituba, Tamzin Merchant ("Jane Eyre") as Anne Hale, Elise Eberle ("The Astronaut Farmer") as Mercy Lewis, Iddo Goldberg ("Mob City") as Isaac Walton, Joe Doyle ("Raw") as Baron Sebastian Marburg, Oliver Bell ("The Saint") as Mary's son and renowned recording-artist Marilyn Manson guest stars as Thomas Dinley. New this season is Samuel Roukin ("Turn") as The Sentinel.

Created and written by Brannon Braga and Adam Simon, "Salem" is executive produced by Braga, Simon, Kelly Souders, Brian Peterson and The Firm's Jeff Kwatinetz and Josh Barry. The series is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios.

[YT]1DSP9zRIkiQ[/YT]

SALEM-Season-3-Poster-Key-Art.jpg

[YT]Tjem8wJK7Tk[/YT]

[YT]bsRj2VHFNcM[/YT]

I am all caught up for season 3. I watched it on a whim because of Tamzin Merchant and Janet Montgomery, and I quite love it.

Salem Cancelled After 3 Seasons

WGN America has announced that the current third season of the witch-themed drama will be its last. The series finale is slated to air in early 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"